• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Air NZ Premium V Qantas Economy

marvel

DIS Veteran
Might sound like a silly comparison, but trying to juggle value with experience.

Hi all, i am in a bit of a quandary on what to do with potential Dec trip. Qantas Economy for 4 of us ends being $5600, we prefer Qantas, the A380 aircraft and Lounges. And the price is good for Dec departure, Jan return.

However, Air NZ premium economy is $8400 in total, and can included those spaceseats. Has anyone flown Air NZ premium, although the deal is great, especially when compared to premium economy fares, but just unsure if the extra money is really enough to push me into premium for 11 hrs, as its only from AUK to LA, the Mel - Auk flights are economy.

Love the idea of premium, photos look great, reviews are ok, but still the extra money is a weeks accommodation. Any thoughts? Experiences?

Well I haven't flown AirNZ premium economy but personally if the Qantas flight was direct, I would be going for that. The extra time going through Auckland doesn't seem worth it to me.

I would fly direct, anytime. Plus $2800 buys a lot of fun when you arrive. I have weighed up the higher class options so many times, but a suite or extra special hotel always wins out for me. Even 1st class on a plane cannot compare with a ritzy hotel waiting for me on arrival... good price though!

We seem to be in the minority here, but we much prefer to splurge on flights and skimp on accommodation. Plus, I'm dying to try out ANZ's premium economy - looks like the best one in the sky. For me, it would be an absolute no-brainer to go with ANZ.

Case in point. For our anniversary trip we are flying premium economy with Virgin (and that will not be as good as ANZ). However, our 'splurge' accommodation is under $150 AUD including taxes etc. Mostly we've managed to stick pretty close to $100 per night. It meant that we chose to visit Oregon instead of NorCal so that we could get more value out of our accommodation.

If you are staying in expensive areas, or like to stay in more luxurious hotels/resorts, then you're probably better off saving your money for that.

Hi Marvel:)

We flew Air NZ premium economy from Auckland to Melbourne on our last trip and I LOVED it. in fact at the time we said if it was in anyway cost comparable on our next trip we would definitely go premium. Some people are the type who can sit in a chair and go comfortably to sleep for 5 or 6 hours (my hubby is one of them) but I find it hard to sleep in an economy seat but the premium economy gave me so much more room I was able to have a good restful nap during the flight.

I could never justify spending heaps extra on the plane trip when I could spend the money at the other end - until I flew premium and now if it wasn't an outrageous difference I'd do it in a heartbeat:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter