Air travel policy updates

I posted this on another thread but thought the info may be helpful here as well.
We just checked in for the first leg of our trip in Prince George (flying WestJet) We have a connecting flight in Vancouver before we head to LAX and I’m not sure if it’s policy everywhere but here they asked for our negative test results and our vaccination records. I’m glad we tested yesterday before waiting for our layover in Vancouver, which was our original plan! I don’t know what they would have done but I’m guessing no we wouldn’t have made it on the plane if we didn’t have test results.
Safe travels!! Can't wait to hear all about it 🙂

So here's a question about quarantining in FL. Let's say you are positive, do you just stay at a hotel on the honour system? When are you supposed to re-test if vaxxed? Day 8? Can I just go to Walgreens, etc and get a test? If negative on Day 8 (or whenever) then I fly back to Canada?
On my last Nov trip I phoned Universal to ask just that. It was before our vaccinations started and no testing required, but I had thoughts of what would happen if I contracted Covid while there. Hard Rock said I could stay in hotel room and I would be checked on to make sure we stayed in room.
For my last recent WDW trip I didn’t inquire because I am vaccinated and chances of getting Covid are low, so I wasn’t as concerned.

On my last Nov trip I phoned Universal to ask just that. It was before our vaccinations started and no testing required, but I had thoughts of what would happen if I contracted Covid while there. Hard Rock said I could stay in hotel room and I would be checked on to make sure we stayed in room.
For my last recent WDW trip I didn’t inquire because I am vaccinated and chances of getting Covid are low, so I wasn’t as concerned.
Good to know.
Royal Pacific said:
“If you were to contract COVID during your stay, you would not be permitted to quarantine at our Loews properties. If needed we would assist with any early check outs.” 😳

Good to know.
Royal Pacific said:
“If you were to contract COVID during your stay, you would not be permitted to quarantine at our Loews properties. If needed we would assist with any early check outs.” 😳
Oh my. Where are you supposed to go?

Good to know.
Royal Pacific said:
Wonder what you are suppose to do in that case, does California have hotels set up specifically for covid positive?

Good to know.
Royal Pacific said:
Yikes! I wonder where you are supposed to go? Did you phone RP directly?

I’m flying to Detroit today (my brother lives there) and my wife and DD, who have dual citizenship, are driving down to meet me (we rented a little RV and are headed south to Universal).

They say to arrive three hours in advance for this flight. From drop off at Terminal 3 to the gate it took me 14 minutes total. Nobody in line at security, nobody in line at immigration. The wait at Tim Hortons was longer.

I’m flying to Detroit today (my brother lives there) and my wife and DD, who have dual citizenship, are driving down to meet me (we rented a little RV and are headed south to Universal).

They say to arrive three hours in advance for this flight. From drop off at Terminal 3 to the gate it took me 14 minutes total. Nobody in line at security, nobody in line at immigration. The wait at Tim Hortons was longer.
We're flying out from terminal 3 in two weeks, and I hope we have the same luck as you. I wonder if all the reports we're hearing about are from terminal 1

We're flying out from terminal 3 in two weeks, and I hope we have the same luck as you. I wonder if all the reports we're hearing about are from terminal 1
Our long wait at was for a flight from Terminal 3, leaving at 5pm on a Saturday. They only had only 2 officers at the desks for US pre-clearance!

I think it can hit-or-miss in both terminals. I mentioned earlier (I think - may have been in a different thread), I flew to the US out of T1 (on Air Canada). The security line halted for about 30 minutes just after we entered (because CBP was backed up) but even so I went from entering the airport to the gate in about 45 minutes. Had I been about 6 minutes earlier (i.e. get into the security line before the halt), it would have been more like 15 minutes. I ran into friends who had been just a bit earlier than me and they said it was basically a constant walk through. We do both have NEXUS which easily saved at least 30 minutes though (maybe longer - not sure but the pre-clearance line looked long).

I flew into T3 (international not US) a couple of weeks before that and had family that just flew into T1 (from US) earlier this week and both they and I breezed through.

Home from non Disney trip in the states. The Walgreens testing was no trouble in Missouri (other then finding the appointment) and Pearson wasn’t bad at all arriving at terminal one. Ohare on the other hand had crazy lines to show documentation and no way to avoid the chaos. On the upside it was maybe 15 minutes from the gate to the car on landing.

I wouldn't count on a short wait. We flew out of Terminal 1 on Thursday and from being dropped off at the door to the gate took us 3.5 hours with 3 hours of that being security and customs. Customs was taking so long that they delayed our flight 45 minutes so people could still make the flight.

I wouldn't count on a short wait. We flew out of Terminal 1 on Thursday and from being dropped off at the door to the gate took us 3.5 hours with 3 hours of that being security and customs. Customs was taking so long that they delayed our flight 45 minutes so people could still make the flight.
Oh, I'm not counting on it, just hoping we get lucky. We also won't be going through customs, so I wonder how much of a difference that makes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter