Airboat ride recommendations

Skywalker3

DIS Veteran
Looking for other things to do in Orlando, in addition to WDW/Universal. Son getting bored w the same old places, so looking at possibly doing an airboat ride/tour for the 2 of us (maybe 4 total, but probably just 2.) Any recommendations???? Don't want to drive too, too far from Universal, so the closer the better, but if it's really worth it, would consider going out a little ways.
Thanks in advance!

We did Boggy Creek Airboat Adventures last year. They also have a BBQ place for lunch, a Native living museum, and baby gators.

OP, did you take your trip yet? We've done Midway before and would like to do something different. We only saw a total of 1 alligator on that trip (and I know wildlife can't be controlled). It was nice, the others in the group just asked me to find a different one. Thanks!

There's so much to do in central Florida beyond the parks.

Consider a nighttime bio-luminescent kayak tour near Merritt Island (we used A Day Away Kayak Tours and loved this). There are several companies in that area. Use insect repellent. It was so worth going out there!

Try the sensation of Skydiving... indoors. iFly Orlando is at 8969 International Drive in Orlando. We've never tried it... yet.

k1 Speed has indoor go-carts at 5228 Vanguard in Orlando, not far from International Drive and Municipal Drive. Sounds fun on a rainy day.

We've also enjoyed seeing the manatees at Blue Spring State Park in Orange City, a little north of Orlando. There's a nice walking trail, picnic tables, and concession activities like a nature boat cruise tour, kayak/canoe rentals, and a guided Segway tour. Lovely nature park - it's popular so go early in the day. I don't know if they take reservations, since it's a state park.

Can't comment on local airboat operators. We've enjoyed airboat rides down in the Everglades but no knowledge of central Florida's options.

Boggy Creek airboats is AMAZING. It kept 3 generations entertained which is a tough thing to do. Grandma, mom and 10yo son LOVED it. We are going back again this year and will all be doing it again with my dad (Grandpa). We recommend it to everyone going to the Orlando area that wants to do something outside of the parks.

We are trying Wild Willy’s tour next month. We did Boggy Creek many many years ago and it was fun so looking for a little different terrain or scenery this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter