airfare to CA?

Michele

DIS Veteran
Hi, I wasn't sure which DL board to post a transportation question on. We are considering a last minute trip to DL next month. Well, DH has to be in Anaheim for a convention, so the family is thinking about tagging along.

Anyway, I'm just curious, with all the choices of airports, where should I look for the deals. Is it consistently cheaper to fly into any place in particular or should I just check everything? We are in Central IL and can fly from St. Louis, Chicago or Indianapolis, so I've got lots of options to check on.

TIA for any help!!!!

I would think your cheapest option would be Chicago to LAX but the closest airport to Disneyland is Santa Ana (SNA). It is hard to find low airfares there but easier transportation wise. I am flying out in 2 weeks for a meeting and after looking at my options, I decided to pay the extra to fly into SNA, just to save the hassle of getting transportation from another airport or renting a car to Anaheim. For me, in this case, time is money. And depending on when you are going, fares will be higher for Spring Break (which for us and others is the week of March 17th, when I am going). I have been looking since December and didn't see fares coming down so decided to buy before they went any higher. HTH

Thanks, I was hoping I could avoid O'Hare, but I'm sure that will be the cheapest available. We are looking at the week before you. Hopefully miss the spring break fares.

If you are looking to avoid O'Hare, you may also want to avoid LAX. It is a large airport and it sometimes can be a hassle. Security is icky and sometimes long lines. Santa Ana (SNA) is a great little airport. We have flown into & out of LAX 4X and into & out SNA 2X. We like SNA! They have plenty of food choices and security is very simple and quick. You also don't have to walk 5 miles to get to your gate. Yea! :thumbsup2

If you are looking to avoid O'Hare, you may also want to avoid LAX. It is a large airport and it sometimes can be a hassle. Security is icky and sometimes long lines. Santa Ana (SNA) is a great little airport. We have flown into & out of LAX 4X and into & out SNA 2X. We like SNA! They have plenty of food choices and security is very simple and quick. You also don't have to walk 5 miles to get to your gate. Yea! :thumbsup2

Thanks, I'll check on LAX and SNA. When we went out in 2003 we flew into LAX but out of SNA. It will probably depend on the rates.

Why not SW out of Midway? I'll defer to SoCal locals as to whether LAX, Burbank or Ontario is best.

Why not SW out of Midway? I'll defer to SoCal locals as to whether LAX, Burbank or Ontario is best.

Thanks, I've been checking Midway too. I'm just sure I won't find something direct from Midway, right? Everything seems to be running around $330.

I'm just so used to finding great deals to Orlando, anything over $200 seems high.

Last year we flew 5 times from Indy or Bloomington, IL direct to Orlando anywhere from $145 to $189. But it's always under $200. Always Airtran.

I guess I'm just spoiled by these great rates.

Just to give you an idea, if I flew from Phoenix to LAX, Burbank or Ontario, I could go for $49 each way. To fly into SNA, it was $99 each way! Its a great airport but hard to find deals there. I did finally find $79 outbound on USAir and $66 return on Southwest so jumped on those.

Burbank was my 2nd choice but a shuttle from there to Anaheim was $44 one way and a one day rental car was $35 a day. It was easier to pay the higher airfare and get to my destination timely than deal with the other options. Hope you find something that works for you :)

Hi, I wasn't sure which DL board to post a transportation question on. We are considering a last minute trip to DL next month. Well, DH has to be in Anaheim for a convention, so the family is thinking about tagging along.

Anyway, I'm just curious, with all the choices of airports, where should I look for the deals. Is it consistently cheaper to fly into any place in particular or should I just check everything? We are in Central IL and can fly from St. Louis, Chicago or Indianapolis, so I've got lots of options to check on.

TIA for any help!!!!

check the convention website for transportation discounts, may have special airfare rate/code

we're attending one in June, believe United was the partner; we were still able to get better rates with SW even when factoring in our decision to stop off in Vegas/GC for a few days then catch another flight to SNA

good luck

Check out the deals on Southwest. Tues and Wednesdays most flights are $99 each way...
I mean I can get to Buffalo NY for $200.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter