Airfare to Europe - did I miss the "less expensive" booking window?

So, I went back and have a trip on hold ATL-MXP as two separate tickets on Delta. The trip booked directly from Atlanta was $1743/pp and I booked it for $1280 for both from JFK-MXP plus 24,000 points combined for the ATL-JFK leg. I am so happy! And this is leaving March 7th, so not even six weeks out.

You really have to look hard and think outside of the box to find the deals.

I’ve been watching flights for our July 2019 multi city trip from DC to London to South Africa to DC for a year and a half now. I priced tickets for July 2018 to establish my budget. I saw flights for around $1000-$1200 last year. For 2019 the lowest I’ve seen so far is $1620 pp. I’ve seen it drop that low 3 times. Now it’s back up to $2000 pp. I’m starting to get nervous!!!

We fly to England from the Washington DC area every other year to visit my husbands family. We go in June and try to book our flights in November/December. Starting in January the prices start to go up.

We're flying to Europe this summer and found the cheapest rates on Norwegian Airlines. We booked last August, the trip out priced at $800/person from MCO to France with a connection in Denmark. The return trip was a little less I think, but we got lucky on those.

We've also been watching the exchange rate increase. The dollar is weak against the Euro and Pound. I recently made a payment on part of our trip paid quite a bit more due to low dollar value than I did with a previous payment two months prior.

I’ve been watching flights for our July 2019 multi city trip from DC to London to South Africa to DC for a year and a half now. I priced tickets for July 2018 to establish my budget. I saw flights for around $1000-$1200 last year. For 2019 the lowest I’ve seen so far is $1620 pp. I’ve seen it drop that low 3 times. Now it’s back up to $2000 pp. I’m starting to get nervous!!!
Since my July trip is quickly approaching, I’ve been watching the flights I want like a hawk. The flights I saw back in Dec for $1620 had a really good flight schedule. I should have booked then. I haven’t seen anything that good for that price since. Yesterday I bit the bullet a purchased tickets for $1819 with a very similar good flight schedule. It was the best price/schedule I’ve seen in the last 2 months. I could have paid $1400ish if I wanted to be flying for the better part of 5 days - no thank you.

I hate gambling and purchasing airfare is such a HUGE gamble. This time I lost $800. Ugggghhhhh!!!!

I’m seeing flights in general continue to go up. They rose a lot in the last two years. Blame Buffett.

This morning, flights to Madrid on Iberia that were $1200+ all week were down to $600. Booked my parents and kids!

This morning, flights to Madrid on Iberia that were $1200+ all week were down to $600. Booked my parents and kids!
You really scored!!! I wish my flights were as reasonable. Congratulations and have a terrific time!!

Check package deals, even if you don't need the hotel, for some reason they're often cheaper. We flew from Ohio to Germany back in November, r/t flights, 5 nights hotel & rental car for around $800pp.

Arrrgggggg!!! Tickets similar to the flight schedule I bought a few days ago just popped up on Kayak for $100 cheaper per person ($1711 vs $1819). Oh well!!! My crystal ball is definitely not working right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter