Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I did two shops today - one for 36 boxes of oatmeal, spending $108 for 1005 AMs. The second was more varied with Prime chicken, hot dogs, yogurt etc. Spent $153 got 498. The store I went to was out of the basic oatmeal with less sugar, so I may call around tonight to see if anyone has any left. My toddler loves oatmeal so much!

Just back from Sobeys, earned 319 miles on $118 spend.
6 Fiber One bars (100) was my big earner.Plus the $100/50 miles and I went to a brand new store who had an offer of $40/50 miles,plus my My Offers.

Then I headed to Lawton's for their Blue Friday. Bought three Carlton Cards ($19) earned 50 miles.

Not too shabby!

No Blue Friday for me. I made a list but realized for the money I could actually do my groceries for a week (and the Blue Friday would have been a lot of stuff we don't actually need) so I skipped it. Maybe next time! Glad to see so many of you doing well though. And hoping I'll be able to do it another time, and still make it to Onyx this year :)

My niece told me she's going to Disney in December with some friends and I got all excited and started texting her all the tips lol. I'm sure she's rolling her eyes at me now but since I am not planning my own trip I have to provide tips for others :)

And then I started thinking, if I don't move, I could afford to go on a trip this summer instead... guess I'll have to think on it a bit longer.

No Blue Friday for me. I made a list but realized for the money I could actually do my groceries for a week (and the Blue Friday would have been a lot of stuff we don't actually need) so I skipped it. Maybe next time! Glad to see so many of you doing well though. And hoping I'll be able to do it another time, and still make it to Onyx this year :)

My niece told me she's going to Disney in December with some friends and I got all excited and started texting her all the tips lol. I'm sure she's rolling her eyes at me now but since I am not planning my own trip I have to provide tips for others :)

And then I started thinking, if I don't move, I could afford to go on a trip this summer instead... guess I'll have to think on it a bit longer.

i’ve skipped blue fridays with great deals on products i just don’t need...it sounds like you saved yourself some time and money today!

Ok so I’m pretty new at AM and this was my first blue Friday. I spent $250 and got 700 AM. Mostly BF items and some stuff I needed ( 2 tween boys). Also got a 12cents off at shell ( had to do a double take on that one.
going to hit Rexall for the $30/100AM bonus this weekend.
happy shopping all.

Last edited:

Ok so I’m pretty new at AM and this was my first blue Friday. I spent $250 and got 700 AM. Mostly BF items and some stuff I needed ( 2 tween boys). Also got a 12cents off at shell ( had to do a double take on that one.
going to hit Trxall for the $30/100AM bonus this weekend.
happy shopping all.
Great start and welcome to the friendly board

No Blue Friday for me.
I really did not need any of the items and did not have the time.
Looks like many of you did very well, way to go!

going to hit Rexall for the $30/100AM bonus this weekend.
happy shopping all.
You'll be hooked now. Especially if you have 2 tween boys. I only wish we had this thread when my boys were that age. The airmiles I missed collecting all those years :P.

I ran into town yesterday mainly to go to my BF shop - didn't get too many things as we don't use a lot of the stuff they had on, but couldn't resist the deal on oatmeal - I really should have gotten 8 boxes not just 4. Got that (100 AM), the dishwasher pucks (which I use anyway and weren't too terrible of a price on sale) (100AM), Danone Yogurt (30 AM) plus the bonus as I had to get some other stuff for a total of 330AM. I was super happy with it and will help towards my Starbucks addiction for our trip to WDW next month. I feel good about my use of AM to book a hotel at the Swan for one night mid trip we needed, plus got a new travel bag (Lug) from AM and will use the rest for Starbucks. I never get a huge amount of AM's but have been following along here and making a point to try and hit the larger point specials and have been happy with the amount I've been able to collect over the last while.

So my Foodland Blue Friday shop ended up being just oatmeal and some ice cream. I couldn't resist, I got there just before closing and they still had tons of oatmeal lol. Did 36 boxes plus 6 ice creams. Didn't forget the coupon this time. 1200AMs for $151 there. So around 2000AMs for a $270 shop between Sobeys and Foodland. One of my best Blue Fridays.

I know this has been asked a thousand times but what is the schedule for Sobeys posting points again? Wednesday or Thursday the following week?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter