Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Not really AM related BUT who doesn't love free treats !?!?!?!
View attachment 421257
In honour of National Ice Cream Sandwich Day, CAA Rewards has teamed up with Marble Slab Creamery to give out a FREE ice cream sandwich to our Members! Show your CAA Membership card at any Marble Slab to receive an ice cream sandwich on Aug 2 from 11am-9pm

link to more info is HERE
Also for those who have not yet, there is a promo free on the AM site till july 31. One per account.

I’m peeved though our shell station is circle K now I assumed I still got miles but nope .. grr
Hope everyone is enjoying this heatwave and staying cool .. hugs to all T

Oh really, this is news to me. I went to a "Flying J Shell gas station" for gas early this year, the ones that the airmiles offers always say it excludes. I couldn't buy gas with a Shell giftcard even though the pumps said Shell. They were nice enough to direct me to the next closest Shell.

There is an Esso/Circle K on my daily route which I thought I'd start using. I recently switched to Esso (PC optimum points worth 5 cents a litre using app until September 30) since my monthly Shell offers from airmiles have been lacking lately. Sounds like it might be good to avoid Circle K.

Good evening. I'm Onyx, and was thinking I'd to use the Concierge to book a flight for DH and myself. I believe (?) that as Onyx we can use airmiles for the fees. Does anyone know if that is right? And can someone walk me through the procedure for contacting concierge, please. I'd love some real experience stories. :-)

Good evening. I'm Onyx, and was thinking I'd to use the Concierge to book a flight for DH and myself. I believe (?) that as Onyx we can use airmiles for the fees. Does anyone know if that is right? And can someone walk me through the procedure for contacting concierge, please. I'd love some real experience stories. :-)
My understanding is that the concierge (they actually refer to this as Personal Shopper) service can only be used to get "things" Dream rewards ... nothing travel related. I think the only way you can "pay" the fees for flights with miles is if you have the AMEX Reserve credit card (possibly the Mastercard fancy pants card too?)

Several of us have used the Personal Shopper recently to get tickets for Disney & Universal, both regular gate tickets and party nights and someone snagged a computer this way as well. You can either start the process thru online chat or phoning to the ONYX line OR I even did it thru Facebook Messenger on Canada Day! You let them know what you'd like them to source for you and you'll get a quote within 4- 10 business days. You can then accept it and tell them to move forward on the item and POOF, you get whatever it was you've asked for and the miles disappear.

The concierge people will tell you to look them up via AirMiles flights search. They would only quote you on things that they don't offer via Dream rewards. You cannot use miles for the taxes and fees either. It might be $300-500 for both of your taxes and fees.

My understanding is that the concierge (they actually refer to this as Personal Shopper) service can only be used to get "things" Dream rewards ... nothing travel related. I think the only way you can "pay" the fees for flights with miles is if you have the AMEX Reserve credit card (possibly the Mastercard fancy pants card too?)

Several of us have used the Personal Shopper recently to get tickets for Disney & Universal, both regular gate tickets and party nights and someone snagged a computer this way as well. You can either start the process thru online chat or phoning to the ONYX line OR I even did it thru Facebook Messenger on Canada Day! You let them know what you'd like them to source for you and you'll get a quote within 4- 10 business days. You can then accept it and tell them to move forward on the item and POOF, you get whatever it was you've asked for and the miles disappear.
I just used them to book 2 tickets for the Paramount Studios Tour in Hollywood. Was able to pick the specific day and tour time we wanted.

My BIL just got a quote for 3 adult 5-day tickets and 1 child 5-day ticket for WDW (end of Oct/start of Nov) through the Personal Shopper service. Just shy of....35,000 air miles! That is 10,000+ more miles than if they had used the 5,995 miles tickets for all four of them!

They also got a quote of 4 Christmas party tickets for 6500 miles and 2 Halloween party tickets for 3400 miles.

Thanks! I just got rid of my AMEX card-trying to streamline my credit cards. Sigh. So taxes and fees it would be. I sure wish WestJet flew into London a little more often from Pearson. That 10:30 pm flight is a huge time waster when you land in TO at 3 or 4 in the afternoon.

Someone just posted on ‘that’ FB group that the Back to School promo is going to happen. She claims to have a source. I say let’s wait and see since those of us in the group know how off it can get.

Now does anyone remember the difference between the Back to School and the Pack to School ?

Someone just posted on ‘that’ FB group that the Back to School promo is going to happen. She claims to have a source. I say let’s wait and see since those of us in the group know how off it can get.

Now does anyone remember the difference between the Back to School and the Pack to School ?

hmm, maybe the difference was airmilesshops vs. in-store offers?

hmm, maybe the difference was airmilesshops vs. in-store offers?
This was posted in 2018
First was online through airmiles shop only and I think second one was in store only.

click on the images to see full size
View attachment 421450View attachment 421451

Give me a bit to dig into the info from last year -- currently finishing up the cold brew coffee for hubby and dealing with the heatwave. This weather takes a lot out of me!

ONE DAY ONLY bonus offer Wednesday July 31st
To play this game for maximum miles for your buck follow these tips:
  1. BOTH bar codes MUST be scanned, neither can be loaded to your card
  2. Politely ask the cashier to simply scan all coupons you have, let the system work it out.
  3. Coupons can be either printed or shown on a mobile device
  4. Since the offers are almost identical, be really careful that you get 2 different codes scanned
  5. If a coupon has trouble scanning from your phone try turning up the brightness and zooming in so the bar code is larger You can even try getting them to type in the bar code number, that will also work
  6. You can use the coupons multiple times, so if you can make more than 1 $50 transaction, GO FOR IT
  7. Depending on the store you might be able to use the survey coupon for $5.00 off when you spend $25.00 I would be careful with this though, is $5 worth the potential $10 the Airmiles represents? Link for that is HERE
Two separate coupons from 2 different sources
Coupon # 1 came from Rexall the barcode from this one is 417000052029
L
ink to the coupon is HERE

Image if you prefer that
421522Just the barcode 421523

Coupon # 2 comes from the Airmiles APP and website barcode is 417000052159
Link to coupon is HERE
Image of the coupon from the APP if you prefer

421525Just the barcode 421526

Last edited:
So what are you all buying at Rexall tomorrow?

I looked at the flyer and the prices seem so high. I guess if you think about it as 200 AMs being the same as $20 off then it would be like spending $30 but I save my miles and dont use them for cash off so it still seems like over spending just to get the miles.

I dont know if I will head over there or not, good luck to all of you who are going

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter