• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

If you can manage the $50 in cosmetics I would do it. You would be ahead on the AM front. (100 Thu. beauty, 50 Roundup, store opening ?80AM, if you can use it, and then your L&G) =150+L&G as a minimum. Dont' forget to think about Christmas stocking stuffers

Waiting to just do tomorrow is only worth 50AM plus a $10GC.
Thanks...it helps seeing is spelled out in a different way. I'm going to go home and have a cup of tea, make a list and then go after dinner.
Yes...stocking stuffers! MY youngest would be happy to get mascara and her powder.

Alrighty ....just came back from Rexall. I was shorted the 100 for the Thursday beauty thing but did get...
80 for the store opening coupon
100 for the Roundup coupon :confused3
40 for a spend $40 coupon that I just got in the mail today
75 for LnG

I just did the tally for the beauty items and it’s 53.09 before tax. I even doubled up on a couple of things just to be sure of the total. I’m also short 9 Miles for a LnG item

Alrighty ....just came back from Rexall. I was shorted the 100 for the Thursday beauty thing but did get...
75 for LnG

I just did the tally for the beauty items and it’s 53.09 before tax. I even doubled up on a couple of things just to be sure of the total. I’m also short 9 Miles for a LnG item

I went to Rexall today all prepared with the Roundup coupon, spent just over $50 on stuff that I think should have been qualified for the promotion (shampoo, shower gel, cotton pads, mascara) before taxes and came out with 82+40 AM, the cashier kindly rang through my coupon again (?) because it didn’t work the first time and apologized for being 10AM short. Don’t understand, but I’m leaving it alone. Just registered for Rexall’s flu shot notification, so that’s another 25AM to the good.

YUP, main card has 15, and most of them are fairly decent (some even actually targeted :P )

and the secondary card has only this one -- never bought anything remotely like this and it's been hanging around in my offers for about 3 weeks now
View attachment 432868

Ahhh, missed this yesterday. Thank you, I was worried I had done something to blacklist her card. The only thing I could think of was the week of $200 giftcard/100 airmiles I was missing 100 airmiles in one of the transactions and cashier supervisor was trying to generate them by buying a new Sobeys gift card with my purchased Sobeys giftcard. I was hoping it didn't flag something.

Hopefully everything will be back to normal next week for both of us.

75 for LnG

That's too bad, I was hoping people would have some great beauty successes today, they certainly make it difficult.

I had 100 airmiles for the Roundup coupon listed on my receipt yesterday as well but when I tallied up the airmiles it was only 50 airmiles. My 40 airmiles for $40 mailed booklet coupon did not work but I was also using the survey coupon and the M-W emailed 80/$40 coupon so either there was a problem with the mailed coupon and they fixed it or it doesn't work with one of the two offers I used that you didn't. My item LnG didn't work either.

Since the round up coupon for Head to toe worked, if you want to post your Beauty/Head to toe purchases, we can add them to @Donald - my hero first page as successful Head to toe purchases.

I went to Rexall today all prepared with the Roundup coupon, spent just over $50 on stuff that I think should have been qualified for the promotion (shampoo, shower gel, cotton pads, mascara) before taxes and came out with 82+40 AM, the cashier kindly rang through my coupon again (?) because it didn’t work the first time and apologized for being 10AM short. Don’t understand, but I’m leaving it alone. Just registered for Rexall’s flu shot notification, so that’s another 25AM to the good.

Your Roundup coupon didn't work??? I would think all the purchases you've listed would work, unless they were travel size??

Now that I've had time to dissect my receipt it makes even less sense. The first coupon listed is the $40/80 store opening coupon, the second which is the Roundup coupon is listed as $30/100 but should be $30/50. The third one listed is the one I got in the mail which is $40/40. Those total 220 but on my receipt they list as 190.

I have carefully gone over the Thursday beauty deal. I bought all the right things. Mainly I purchased cosmetics but I also bought cleanser and moisturizer and I added in shampoo as insurance but it was also to help get me to the $60 threshold for my LnG. Those 100 AM are not listed at all on the receipt. The Roundup coupon is the Head to Toe deal but I'm still covered there because I have $30+ in cosmetics plus the shampoo.

LnG went through for the spend $60/60. I then received miles for two of the items I had, which were also cosmetics, but upon a recheck at home I'm missing miles for 2 other items (also cosmetics) that I bought. Missing another 15 miles.

I spent $64 before tax and my receipt only shows 268. By my calculation it should have been 363 with the amounts that the coupons stated. If we are going by what the Roundup coupon states on the receipt, $30/100, my total should be 413.

So did I make a mistake somewhere or do I hang onto this receipt to claim the miles later?

Last edited:
Oh wow, all of these Rexall shops are hurting my brain! I'm not sure what happened and what items triggered which promo :confused::confused3:faint: I am gonna need some help figuring out what you want me to add to which file. I will create a new list for the head-to-toe and update the beauty list but since my beauty routine is splash water on my face, wash my hair, towel it dry & run my fingers thru the curls, with a brush & floss of the teeth for the finishing touch I'm completely lost with all of these products!!!

My Sobeys shop tomorrow
pop x6 12 packs=100 airmiles (I'll take it to my family's home for our Thanksgiving get together).Oct 12
palmolive dish soap x4 = 35 airmiles
*Peak Frean digestive cookies on sale $2.99
*Compliments case of water on sale $1.99

Just a FYI *CATS & PHantom Of The Opera tickets
are listed on the airmiles site,,includes dinner but a bit pricey.

Hugs Mel

dancin Disney style
Hi Hon
I think the store computers can't handle both a Head To Toe and a Beauty Event combined coupons.
Roundup Head To Toe contest spend $30.00 get 50 airmiles
Thursday Beauty promo spend $50.00 get 100 airmiles.(I think this might be the one you are missing)
=150 total airmiles for all beauty products.

I would hang onto the receipt and try claim the miles later.
Hugs to you for trying.
Mel

Last edited:
Now that I've had time to dissect my receipt it makes even less sense. The first coupon listed is the $40/80 store opening coupon, the second which is the Roundup coupon is listed as $30/100 but should be $30/50. The third one listed is the one I got in the mail which is $40/40. Those total 220 but on my receipt they list as 190.

I have carefully gone over the Thursday beauty deal. I bought all the right things. Mainly I purchased cosmetics but I also bought cleanser and moisturizer and I added in shampoo as insurance but it was also to help get me to the $60 threshold for my LnG. Those 100 AM are not listed at all on the receipt. The Roundup coupon is the Head to Toe deal but I'm still covered there because I have $30+ in cosmetics plus the shampoo.

LnG went through for the spend $60/60. I then received miles for two of the items I had, which were also cosmetics, but upon a recheck at home I'm missing miles for 2 other items (also cosmetics) that I bought. Missing another 15 miles.

I spent $64 before tax and my receipt only shows 268. By my calculation it should have been 363 with the amounts that the coupons stated. If we are going by what the Roundup coupon states on the receipt, $30/100, my total should be 413.

So did I make a mistake somewhere or do I hang onto this receipt to claim the miles later?

I'm struggling with your numbers lol.

Your "approved" coupons were 80+50+40=170 or with the Round up as 100 airmiles, 80+100+40=220 as you mentioned. So minimum approved 170+60 LnG=230+base ams + LnG smaller offers.

Are you over $50 without the shampoo? That seems to be the gray area. If it was me, I would hold onto the receipt for 120 days and then go after the 100 airmiles missing for Beauty and the two cosmetic personal offers (screen print them for proof). It's a lot of points to be missing.

Edit: I went back to the list on post #2 to check moisturizer and only see specifically face moisturizer. However, if body moisturizer/lotion isn't included in Beauty, surely it would at least be listed for Head to Toe, which it is not. I'd go after the points.

Last edited:
My Sobeys shop tomorrow
pop x6 12 packs=100 airmiles (I'll take it to my family's home for our Thanksgiving get together).Oct 12
palmolive dish soap x4 = 35 airmiles
*Peak Frean digestive cookies on sale $2.99
*Compliments case of water on sale $1.99

Just a FYI *CATS & PHantom Of The Opera tickets
are listed on the airmiles site,,includes dinner but a bit pricey.

Hugs Mel

I may do three of the pop as well. We've been drinking carbonated water all summer but a couple of cases of pop are nice to have on hand.

Rexall tomorrow, these are separate offers, correct??? ie. I can spend $10 and cash in 95 airmiles to get 50 airmiles? Any thoughts, image is from email. Al;so, what if you cash in 190? Do you get 50 or 100? or 0 lol.

Rexall tomorrow, these are separate offers, correct??? ie. I can spend $10 and cash in 95 airmiles to get 50 airmiles? Any thoughts, image is from email.

View attachment 433162
Oooh goody, a Rexall offer i understand!
YES, if you spend $10 and use cash miles for that purchase you will get 50 miles ... IF you make a $30 transaction, use 95 miles to pay for $10 of that you will get BOTH the 50 miles AND the $10 gift card

That's my plan for tomorrow, better look at the flyer and decide what I'll be picking up.

dancin Disney style
Hi Hon
I think the store computers can't handle both a Head To Toe and a Beauty Event combined coupons.
Roundup Head To Toe contest spend $30.00 get 50 airmiles
Thursday Beauty promo spend $50.00 get 100 airmiles.(I think this might be the one you are missing)
=150 total airmiles for all beauty products.

I would hang onto the receipt and try claim the miles later.
Hugs to you for trying.
Mel
I'm struggling with your numbers lol.

Your "approved" coupons were 80+50+40=170 or with the Round up as 100 airmiles, 80+100+40=220 as you mentioned. So minimum approved 170+60 LnG=230+base ams + LnG smaller offers.

Are you over $50 without the shampoo? That seems to be the gray area. If it was me, I would hold onto the receipt for 120 days and then go after the 100 airmiles missing for Beauty and the two cosmetic personal offers (screen print them for proof). It's a lot of points to be missing.

Edit: I went back to the list on post #2 to check moisturizer and only see specifically face moisturizer. However, if body moisturizer/lotion isn't included in Beauty, surely it would at least be listed for Head to Toe, which it is not. I'd go after the points.
Thanks for confirming that I'm not crazy.....although, others would disagree.

The shampoo was not part of the $53.09. The moisturizer is a facial one and I also have a facial cleanser which also was not included in the $53.

I think the math on the receipt lines up if the store opening coupon is the one that didn't credit...but then why would it be listed on the receipt? No matter what I've got a decent case to gain a few additional miles. I'm going to make some notes and attach them to the receipt.

So sorry that this has ended up being so complicated. I have never truly been able to understand what Rexall does. I present a bunch of coupons and whatever works, works. I know the double, triple, quadruple dipping isn't technically allowed so I've never followed up when something I thought should work, doesn't. I don't want to bring light to a loophole they may not be completely aware of.

Your Roundup coupon didn't work??? I would think all the purchases you've listed would work, unless they were travel size??
Nope. Nothing travel-sized. It’s a mystery. Since the cashier realized there was an issue, and worked to resolve it, I wasn’t going to make a fuss. I put it down to being a part of having a bad day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter