Airmiles Armchair Chatter

My May AM newsletter mentions Bonus Boom coming soon - earn by shopping in store and online. Hopefully there will be a few good offers :)

You’d kind of think that by now they would have announced something to make up the spring promo that was postponed...

Hmmm...not much in the Sobeys flyer. We do need some more band aids though so may be i'll buy a couple of packs and a polysporin to get the 50am.

I also thought I had a bonus offer somewhere for spending $30 in the Sobey's pharmacy but now I cant find it.

AM offers are just non-existent right now! I'm so happy AM decided to extend our Onyx status for 2021 because I really doubt I will earn 6000AM this year. :(
I hear you on that! :( I'm refreshing my account multiple times daily to check on the AM I earned last week. Not posted yet. Heh. Patience is not my strong suit!

I’ve been thinking about how I’ll use my air miles lately. Pre-pandemic, I was saving for a cruise. It’s going to be some time before we feel comfortable with that kind of vacation again though. The miles could go towards other kinds of travel expenses (flights, hotels, etc.), but again, long-distance travel might be out for a while. I’m on the fence whether I should redeem for merchandise or keep saving.

So I thought I’d put the question to some other experts! Has covid changed your plans for the air miles you already have?

I’ve been thinking about how I’ll use my air miles lately. Pre-pandemic, I was saving for a cruise. It’s going to be some time before we feel comfortable with that kind of vacation again though. The miles could go towards other kinds of travel expenses (flights, hotels, etc.), but again, long-distance travel might be out for a while. I’m on the fence whether I should redeem for merchandise or keep saving.

So I thought I’d put the question to some other experts! Has covid changed your plans for the air miles you already have?

Same for me. I currently have over 29K AM in my account. I wanted to use them to pay for part of our road trip in California in summer 2021 (hotel costs, car rental, DLR tickets, Starbucks GC) but this trip is postponed until at least 2023. Instead, if we are allowed to travel to Alberta from QC in summer 2021, we will probably use them for the flights or hotel room and car rental. And then, if we cannot travel in 2021, I don't know.

I find that using airmiles for products is not an as good value than for travel expenses but I might need to change my point of view on that. If at least they were offering the latest iPhone 11Pro to replace my dead phone that went in my washer!

The AMs are so sad right now. I collected around 4000 in each of Jan and Feb. March was just under 900, and April was a sickly 194. I have 30000AM in my account. They are supposed to be paying for universal tickets, blue man group tickets and a DAH event for the 4 of us. I have another 30K tied up in already linked DW tickets and flights to Florida in August. I used to look at my AM daily, now it just makes me sad so I check once a week or so. I haven't even been doing groceries at Sobeys for AM, since I have a few items I can only get at Loblaws that we use all the time, and I don't want to it multiple stores when I do go out once every two weeks.

But we're home, we're both working from home, and all 4 of us are healthy, so I'm going to chose to count my blessings.

Anyone else get this:

View attachment 494550
I wish they would send it to DH and he is essential service. But what if he doesn't get the email?? 950 miles would be pretty sweet right now!
yes and I got this message. (Neither of us would qualify but I wanted to share it here with all the details) come on airmiles, a maximum of 5000 and it was gone within 2 hours
Screenshot_20200513-173641_Chrome.jpg

yes and I got this message. (Neither of us would qualify but I wanted to share it here with all the details) come on airmiles, a maximum of 5000 and it was gone within 2 hours
View attachment 494556

seems really weird to me that this offer is meant for essential workers, but it’s super limited and sent in the middle of the work day? i mean, it might not be for some shifts, but still. it’s a big swing and a miss to me.

No change for me. AM has pretty must always been for Disney and will continue to be......there is the occasional other redemption. I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around not going this year at all. For the first time in 15+ years, I'm rather certain, we will not be going. Last year I didn't think I could take time off to go, I have an ongoing staffing issue at work, but I managed to take a long weekend in August and again in December. This year with the losses that my business is taking there is no possible way that I could even take 2 days to make a long weekend at WDW.....not even sure how I will feel about travel later this year anyway, or if it will even be possible.

Question.....I must be losing my edge because I can't answer it at the moment. I've got a Sobeys offer for spend $100/50 and also $115/25.....if I spend the $115 will I get both?

I've also got spend $15 on produce get 25....that's so easy for me, half my cart is usually produce. I've got a couple of other offers that I could also use, so if I got all these offers in one shop it would be worth the trip.

Question.....I must be losing my edge because I can't answer it at the moment. I've got a Sobeys offer for spend $100/50 and also $115/25.....if I spend the $115 will I get both?
I want to yes you should but I did this offer on Tuesday and I only got one of the offers the $115/25 so I called the Sobey's myoffer number and they will be adding the points to my account. If it doesn't work then just call and they should add it to your account - easy peasey.
The produce one worked just fine.

I want to yes you should but I did this offer on Tuesday and I only got one of the offers the $115/25 so I called the Sobey's myoffer number and they will be adding the points to my account. If it doesn't work then just call and they should add it to your account - easy peasey.
The produce one worked just fine.
Interesting... They denied my friend the stacking when she called the Sobeys myoffer number...

Interesting... They denied my friend the stacking when she called the Sobeys myoffer number...
Yea I wondered if they would say no because I read the fine print that said no stacking but she said it would take 7-10 days to post and she was moving it from my available offers to my redeemed offers. It is too bad that if they are not going to allow stacking that they don't take the best offer and give you that one. They took the offer that would expire first and I guess hope you would shop again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter