Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I did the three accounts this morning and now I can't see anything at all about Carousel of Dreams. Does it disappear once you've completed it for the day. I wanted to go back in and finish completing something. Very weird.
Mine too is gone. I did read on Instagram something about issues with Android and that is what I have so maybe they are fixing the problem.

I'm happy for those of you who managed to get ANYTHING useful from that silly promo, I got the Heel Boy TWICE on the SAME card?!

URGH, but on a brighter note, i got home from Toronto today to find this sitting on the dining room table (No, the delivery guy didn't come into the house, hubby's been chained to his desk)
1666318753481.png

Less than 48 hours after ordering, now I need to figure out how to use it AND get new bands since I react badly to the ones that come with the watches.

I was just doing my last scan of my email and trying to settle and found one from Airmiles telling me that Air Canada has rescheduled our flights. Initially I was annoyed, don't mess around with my plans please, until I opened the AC app and discovered that I'm able to change to ANY other flights, no charge, heck it even looks like i can cancel and get a refund?! Colour me thrilled since hubby was whining that he's worried the trip won't be long enough. We'll need to discuss this at some point this weekend, not sure when that might be because ARTHUR'S coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I finally got in.
I got 50 Metro Bonus Airmiles but don't qualify for it as I've already connected my Airmiles card to Metro.ca.
Oh well ,,maybe something tomorrow.
Hugs Mel
I got that one this morning and some other one for another company I've never heard of...lights something

On the plus side, DD's account got 10 miles yesterday and 15 today

For anyone interested, we left the Sheraton Airport hotel at 7:30 to get to our gate. Got through everything,including US customs, by 8:00. The fun part is trying to figure out which gate we need. They switched a bunch of them around and now it wants to send us to a Canadian gate. No one has any answers. Two hours till flight so we shall see what happens.

For anyone interested, we left the Sheraton Airport hotel at 7:30 to get to our gate. Got through everything,including US customs, by 8:00. The fun part is trying to figure out which gate we need. They switched a bunch of them around and now it wants to send us to a Canadian gate. No one has any answers. Two hours till flight so we shall see what happens.
Have an awesome Holiday Tinkerone!
Hugs Mel

My one suitcase today *Carousel Of Dreams*
View attachment 712177
Spend $20 at Metro get 30 bonus Airmiles
My personal offer with Metro is spend $60 at Metro get 60 Airmiles ,,might do this these.
So spend $60 total get 90 Airmiles.
Hugs Mel
My Mom's card got a similar offer but it was spend $20 on Irrestible products get 30 AM'S. Double check your offer.
My card today got 10am's. I would rather get the AM bonuses than get bonus points at stores I don't shop at or have never heard of.
So far I have gotten a 5am and a 10am.
Judy

My Mom's card got a similar offer but it was spend $20 on Irrestible products get 30 AM'S. Double check your offer.
My card today got 10am's. I would rather get the AM bonuses than get bonus points at stores I don't shop at or have never heard of.
So far I have gotten a 5am and a 10am.
Judy
Thanks Judy
I just got another offer --email
spend $100 at Metro get 100 Airmiles ,, opt in
So yeah I'll maybe shop here this week.
Total offers spend 100$ get 190 Airmiles (must include 20$ Irresistible products ).
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
I absolutely HATE the new fitbit, don't use that word very often but this is seriously a downgrade from the versa 3 - So many things they stripped off of it - no Google assistant (odd since they own it now?!), no music controls, no 3rd party apps (my clock face was one), no bands other than theirs work with it and I react badly to those, simply can't wear it. I'm going to sell it on marketplace if they won't let me return it - I have most of the packaging but you can't get it out without ripping part of the box. Apparently I can do that but it depends on how much they "charge" for returning it to them. I can probably sell it for more since I got a big discount 🤪

I'm going to order the same one I lost from one of several stores that will give me miles, staples, Indigo, best buy and let me pick it up in the store.

Sorry about the Fitbit @Donald - my hero l. Disappointing to say the least.

On the disappointing front. I find this Carousel of Dreams to be time I will never get back. I'll likely play it but like others I'm getting bonuses for stores I won't use. I have two different ones for Metro which I will make a point of using before Dec 1.

If this is the best AM has to offer for "fun" I think I will be looking for another program to put my collecting energies towards.

So I bought that Max pass thing for $5....didn't read the offer so I didn't notice until after the purchase that it was mainly for the dates I was away. I thought I was out the $5 but no big deal. I'm pretty sure I posted that part before...but you know, we're getting old and forget.
Well, I made it to Shell to grab the spend $20 get 50 miles thing, that and some gas. I ended up getting the Max miles today....290. I would say that turned out well.
BTW...that $20 spend in the store actually got me 76 miles.

update to my Air Canada flights being changed -- I'm THRILLED! Here's what happened:
  • Booked flights with Airmiles, not happy about being a 3rd party type booking but hey, free
  • Tried to use Aeroplan points to upgrade our seats but like i thought, nope can't alter the reservation at all
  • Got an email from Airmiles mentioning a change to the itinerary (not bad, just 30 minutes earlier leaving YYZ)
  • Checked the Air Canada app because I was already in bed and big flash on the screen saying i needed to either accept the changes or search for other flights
  • Hit the search button and got another flash box telling me that if i change the flights the 3rd party booking agent will no longer be able to access the reservation (well, DANG, yes please!)
  • Spoke with hubby today and we decided to pull from the very last flight to the very first and gain an entire day onsite
  • Got an email from Air Canada this afternoon telling me about the change to flights and please confirm
  • I pulled up the website because my phone is charging and see the message that Nope, no changes due to 3rd party blah-blah-blah
  • Drag my lazy butt over to where the phone was charging, opened the app and changed the flights easy-peasy
NOW what did I just do?! I somehow managed to change our "nope you can't do anything to this flight" times and got checked luggage?!

SO, if anyone is getting messages about flights being changed and you don't like what they've offered, try the App instead of the website. Now only have to wait till the end of February

Sorry you don't like the fitbit @Donald - my hero I love my Fitbit Sense. I believe they just came out with a new version but I'm not keen to update. I didn't like my old one because I couldn't see the face if it was bright outside, which made it hard to use when out for walks in the daytime lol. This one is much better.

I played the carosel thing again today, got 4 plays (wonder if that's for today and tomorrow?) I won 30 AM total and two coupons. One of which is $50 off a redtag vacation package. So yeah, other than winning airmiles, not much good for me right now.

I did get the spend $100 get 100AM opt in at Metro, and have an app spend $120 get 120 AM so will be going there Tuesday (payday) and doing groceries. Hopefully they will both work.

I spent over 6 hours driving yesterday, took my dad to an eye appointment and then Jackson went to Saunders Farm Fright Fest with some friends. Nine kids, all driven by their parents. It's like 30 minutes each way from home. No coordination, but he's got a bunch of new friends this year and I haven't connected with the parents yet. Oh well, they had fun getting chased by zombies lol. And I didn't have to participate. But today, I just want to not have to drive anywhere!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter