Airmiles Armchair Chatter

So I was at Sobeys this morning and noticed they had new AM cards, so I filled out an enrolment form for DH and got handed a hard copy card. Now I just have to cross my fingers that the form gets sent in/validated in time! They said I could use it right away but it would take a few weeks before I could "see" the card active online...

O/T has anyone gotten the Shoppers Optimum points from a couple of weeks ago when you got points for gift cards?

I was told the points would show by Nov17.

Could someone tell me what the minimum spend was through AirMilesShops for the 50 bonus miles if you made a purchase by Nov 9th? I'm thinking $20, is that right?

Hoping they do 15x miles on AirMilesShops next weekend! Could really use some new bras from La Senza and work on 2 more of the 3 purchases needed for 150 bonus AM for ShopTheBlock!

I also received one of the emails from airmiles to earn 250 AM at a partner by Nov 30 for bonus AM. Do you think that would include the MC and AE airmiles that post to our account each month?

OMG guys, I got the best score EVAH, and you're the only ones who will appreciate it!

So Friday, as you know, I managed to save 594 AM by getting my next 5DPH due to the Canadian offer.

On Saturday, I went grocery shopping and though I didn't need to get more AM, old habits die hard, right? I had a coupon for 45AM when I spend $225, and was about $5 short. The cashier said, "No, you have $221," and I showed her the coupon and said, "But I need $225 for the 45 airmiles." She said, "Oh, I can do better than that..." and showed me the ONE DAY ONLY AM voucher - spend $100 and get 150AM, spend $200 and get 400AM!! It was their 40th birthday celebration that day and was good for only Saturday! I had totally missed it when looking at their flyer!

So for $221 I received 536AM! I won't have enough AM by the time we leave in a month, but that's a great head start for plane tickets in October when I go back again.

Can someone tell me if we can buy a sport Chek gift card at sobeys and use the STB spend $100 and get 60 AM? Would it count for one of the 7?
Thanks

Can someone tell me if we can buy a sport Chek gift card at sobeys and use the STB spend $100 and get 60 AM? Would it count for one of the 7?
Thanks
No, adding a gift card to your transaction won't count towards threshold spend offers. There are a lot of us who wish it would though!

I think i only have one more STB offer to redeem - so excited!!
I have a question though about the emailed offer:

Get 125 Bonus Miles
Collect 250 Miles at any AIR MILES Partner by 30 November and get 125 Bonus Miles!*

Does this mean overall collect 250 AM or do i have to get 250 at one AM Partner?

Thanks everyone

I think i only have one more STB offer to redeem - so excited!!
I have a question though about the emailed offer:

Get 125 Bonus Miles
Collect 250 Miles at any AIR MILES Partner by 30 November and get 125 Bonus Miles!*

Does this mean overall collect 250 AM or do i have to get 250 at one AM Partner?

Thanks everyone

Question - you got emailed offers for STB? How did you manage that?

On Saturday, I went grocery shopping and though I didn't need to get more AM, old habits die hard, right? I had a coupon for 45AM when I spend $225, and was about $5 short. The cashier said, "No, you have $221," and I showed her the coupon and said, "But I need $225 for the 45 airmiles." She said, "Oh, I can do better than that..." and showed me the ONE DAY ONLY AM voucher - spend $100 and get 150AM, spend $200 and get 400AM!! It was their 40th birthday celebration that day and was good for only Saturday! I had totally missed it when looking at their flyer!

So for $221 I received 536AM! I won't have enough AM by the time we leave in a month, but that's a great head start for plane tickets in October when I go back again.

That's fantastic! I wish I had seen that in the flyer. Are you in Ontario?

I don't believe this was posted already.

Air Miles' Black Friday is up to 50% off select items starting Friday at 12 AM. (I hate these staying up to midnight deals... sigh.. wry grin)

Their website shows a sneek peek of 6 items.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter