Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Donald-my hero - I also got the Sobeys twice. I wondered if it was because I used the coupon and it was a special in the flyer? Maybe? I can't remember to be honest but I accept the airmiles and will not complain.

Ok need some help sorting out my account gang ... some miles posted that are confusing to the Duck
View attachment 293406
The Airmiles shop??? Uhm, will i already have the miles for a booking i made with Hotel .com even though we haven't stayed yet -- it's the correct amount for that --(and if so i will need to remember to do this every time!!) or from one of my transactions connected with StB but none of those have 10 bonus miles connected :confused3
The 2 posting for Sobeys ... i shopped at that location 2 times, once on Nov 25th using the chocolate bar coupon(still not credited but it's 20 miles, correct?), once on Dec 23rd to use cash miles to get miles and those 95 posted fine. Then we can further confuse the Duck with THESE miles
View attachment 293412
I'm pretty sure they are the use cash miles coupons from StB but why twice for Sobeys???

I have the second set of miles on the other card as well.

I received the 10 AM bonus from Airmiles shops as well today - have no idea what it is for! I shopped Indigo, The Bay and Bed Bath & Beyond for STB and all 3 have posted but I don't think any of those had a bonus 10 AM. I also shopped Bluenotes but nothing posted at all for that one :(.

Mel, when you have gone to Mexico, did you stay at AIs? We're heading there over March break and I've booked us into an AI in Playa del Carmen along with 3 excursions.
Where are you staying? I'm heading to a new resort just a couple of miles south of Playa del Carmen on Feb 4th. We have unlimited access to all the X parks and 3 of the ruin tours. We want lots of time to just hang out at the pool drinking margaritas so choosing excursions has been difficult. I've got it narrowed down to going to the Xcaret park, Xplor and Tulum.

@Donald - my hero , @bababear_50 and anyone else who may be interested in a get away - my hubby and I went to Riviera Maya Dec. 28/16 - Jan. 4/17. We stayed at the Iberostar Grand Paraiso. To say the hotel is a 5 star is an understatement. Anything we could have wanted was taken care of, we wanted for nothing the entire week. Believe it or not, you can have lobster for breakfast, lunch and dinner if you were so inclined. It's an all-inclusive, even the 'specialty' restaurants were included.

The Iberostar has five hotels in the Paraiso complex, with the Grand being adults only. Also, guests of the Grand can access all 5 resorts and their respective restaurants, pools and other amenities, but only Grand guests can use the Grand facilities/amentities, etc.

We booked the package through Air Transat, so I know you can use your AM travel certificates for it, which is good, because the price per person is pretty steep. My 50th is in March 2019, and we're taking the 'kids' (28 & 25 by then) and their respective partners with us either to the Grand, or to Greece, depending on where everyone is at budget wise by that time. That's what I'll be saving air miles for from now until then.
Ummmm..... I would avoid the IB complex like the plague. They have had problems with tainted alcohol and allegations of rape.

Welcome back to Canada Mel! Unfortunately, I was told that a 3.5* in Cuba is like a 2* elsewhere in the Caribbean and a 1* in North America or Europe. The only reason I haven't been to Cuba yet is that I'm a very picky eater. We stayed at 4.5-5* in the Dominican Republic, including an Iberostar resort that I loved, and there was still very limited choice for me (+ now I am dairy-free so even more difficult). I even had problems on a cruise (NCL) last year! For now we will stick with WDW (I just booked POFQ Dec29-Jan4) and DLR (April 24-28) for now but I am planning a big splurge to Tokyo in 2020 so those AM need to start accumulating!!!

Another resort that I would recommend is the Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana, DR. It was just recently refurbish ($20 million reno) to the whole property. It sits directly on Bavaro Beach.

I second Iberostars! We stayed at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in Jamaica and it was really nice! 400-500 rooms and very compact resort. Bonus, in Jamaica you don't have to worry about the tap water :)

Awww Mel, it sounds like you had a brutal vacation! I hear you loud and clear about the Disney trip and travel difficulties. But the beds will be comfortable, the food will be great, and the fun will be unbeatable! Give Chip and Dale a hug for me :)

Hi Hon
I feel so guilty going to Disney right now,,,,,,ok how to write this without it being political???
Hmmmmm
My darling daughter inlaw is an angel--such a free spirited, talented , animal loving gifted kind girl.............
She is probably more Canadian than me and Loves Disney as much as I do ,lol,,she was born in India but has live as a Canadian citizen here for 20 something years. Let's just say since " Mr. *****" came into head of a certain white house her experience at the airport has NOT been good. Everyone I know ( family and friends) are boycotting Disney until lets say maybe "Oprah" comes to stay at the white house.
Ok ..I hope I explained that well enough.
Hugs Mel

P.S.
missing the deep freeze was great!!!

Maybe Paris DLR would be nice with AM?!? ;)

Hi Hon, welcome home.
I have to say if I knew you were going to a 3.5 star, I would have tried to talk you out of it. We have been many times and try to stay in 4 to 5 star every time. We might pay 100 per week more, but there is a difference.
But your home now with us, gglad to have you back.
Lets get to planning your next Disney trip. There it doesnt matter, value, mod, deluxe. Its Home.

Oh my! It's January 9th and I only collected 1 AM towards Onyx so far! :sad2:
I haven't had any post yet. I finally got to Foodland on Sunday. Guess I need to remember to be using the AMEX card as much as possible for a while!

My Sobeys offers have been good lately! Sparkling water, mushrooms, etc. that's what I love about the targeted offers. Based on what you buy!

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not but starting mid december Rexall joined up with CARP and now you can get 20% off every day, not just Tuesdays, on regular priced Rexall brand products. Never crossed my mind to even look at it because i thought the age was 65 NOPE it's 50. Just wish i had paid attention a couple of weeks ago when Rexall was covering the cost of membership.

upload_2018-1-9_23-17-23.png
Here's the link to sign up if you're interested, $19.95/yr

CARP enrollment

Silly question. I usually keep the load and go email from rexall so I can get into it easily to see the offers. My email is gone and I don't know where to go to get in now. Anyone have thoughts on how I do this? There must be some very easy way and I just can't figure it out.
Thanks all.

Sobeys Atlantic is a dud flyer again this week! Hoping Superstore pulls through again for me :)

Thanks goodness for my BMO air miles mastercard or else I likely would hardly get any miles for January! February will be good too, since I'll be charging everything trip-related to my card (hotel, food, souvenirs, etc). I think last January I only earned 120+ miles from vendors...

Silly question. I usually keep the load and go email from rexall so I can get into it easily to see the offers. My email is gone and I don't know where to go to get in now. Anyone have thoughts on how I do this? There must be some very easy way and I just can't figure it out.
Thanks all.
loadandgo.airmiles.ca

:thanks:Thanks for the information on Cuba resorts. I've been looking, but not a clue as to what would be good. I feel a little more informed now. :thumbsup2

Do you wanna swing my northern Alberta and pick me up on your way there :teeth: :wave:I've been wanting to visit that area for many years...hopefully one winter I will get to play there!!!! Enjoy your time there!!!!
Gladly...we always try to get other people to travel with us but it never works out. Probably because we don’t plan that far ahead. I booked this one first week of December.

We have been to Cuba a few times and we love it. You really have to do your homework. The resort we like the best with reasonable prices is in Holguin. It's called Brisas Guadalavaca
Hotel_Review-g910832-d1211673-Reviews-or20-Brisas_Guardalavaca_Hotel-Guardalavaca_Holguin_Province_Cuba.html
We have gone to a few places but we like this the best. The number one reason we like it is the location to the beach, it's literally a few steps away. Most resorts in Cuba you have to walk through mangroves and over bridges to get to the water but this was built before new legislation that won't let you disturb mangroves. The other thing that is important to me is that the buffet is indoors and air conditioned, many of the other hotels have open air buffets the birds get in and poop everywhere and it's also really hot when there is no air con. If you want more info just pm me.

We just got back from a 9 day vacation to Merida Mexico. It's the safest city in Mexico, safer than most large US and Canadian cities. There are 1 million people there, lots to see and do and very cheap to go there. It's 4 hours east of Cancun.

Just back from Rexall. I spoke with the cashier about the lack of the spend $30 get 50AM coupon on the receipt (which had been a regular thing all last year). She said one popped up on a receipt on Tuesday (seniors day). Fortunately for me she kept it so I was able to use it my L&G and the email coupon on todays shop. I don't know if this will work every week but it did this week (at my store anyway).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter