• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

FREE TICKETS!!!!!
We have had a change in plans and will not be going to Quebec this March. So I had 2 tickets to the La Compagnie Creole March 4 8pm. If you could use them or know someone who can. Please let me know. I will mail them out.
Hope someone here can use them.

edit: this is Saint Foy, Quebec city, Quebec

reposting , no takers yet,,,

I think we did,,,Ijust called my son to confirm (not home right now) but by the photos online it looks like the right place.
Hugs Mel
The Occidental is next door to where we stayed. Same owner. It’s a group of Mexican real estate developers and there is a 12 year plan. This will eventually be a destination on its own. Convention and wedding facilities, timeshares, 6000 rooms in 9 hotels, a mall etc etc.

I think this may be Sobeys corp wide. The cashier I had last week at Sobeys said something about doing each special only once. I didn't give it a second thought at the time but it makes sense now.

All you have to do is purchase 4 go out to the car put your groceries away then go back in and buy another 4. We used to have to do this all the time at Independent. The limit isn't 1 per customer. It's 1 per customer per transaction which I interpret as multiple transactions in one day is OK. I could be wrong but it's worth giving it a shot.

Or this is what a lot of us have a second AM card for. Use 1 then do a separate order with the other card.

Well I'm totally ok with that and it makes sense to me, now that you've interpreted it lol. So each "visit" to the store you are a customer and each transaction you can only get four.

Agree the deals this week are pitiful. Even Rexall has nothing special for the weekend! Just a vitamin deal that I could see. I hope things improve!

Nothing in the flyers? Don't forget to take a look at your targeted offers (Sobeys, Metro). Last week I got 20AM from the flyer and the rest were targeted offers.

All i can say is it's a good thing I don't mind sitting here doing surveys -- only way I'm getting miles this year!! The flyer offers are pitiful
** the missing coupon for 3 on-line transactions PLUS the miles connected to those are peeking out as well.
View attachment 302541

AND YES, we need a get-together somewhere :D
I started on Feb 2nd and have collected 144 AM so far. I'm loving how easy they are. Just wish there were more surveys to do.

@dancin Disney style that resort looks AWESOMESAUCE! And that little thing you mentioned as a possible down-side is a huge selling point for us, we LOVE quiet.. just perfect. It ticks all of our boxes and then some, but holy smokes $$$ you got a bargain! Fingers crossed that we can book it and then keep collecting travel vouchers because it's over $3,500 pp next January. Sitting around $2400 until end of November but that's not always a good month for hubby. The offers better start improving or this will become the impossible dream :P

@dancin Disney style that resort looks AWESOMESAUCE! And that little thing you mentioned as a possible down-side is a huge selling point for us, we LOVE quiet.. just perfect. It ticks all of our boxes and then some, but holy smokes $$$ you got a bargain! Fingers crossed that we can book it and then keep collecting travel vouchers because it's over $3,500 pp next January. Sitting around $2400 until end of November but that's not always a good month for hubby. The offers better start improving or this will become the impossible dream :P
The photos do not do it justice....I've got plenty more if you want them. $3500 PP...Wowsers!!!! I don't think any resort is worth that much. I can have two vacations for that much money. I have a few contacts in the travel industry and the long range prices are always pretty high. There are a lot of people that have to book close to a year out and the tour companies cash in on that. The best course of action is to select a few different places that you would be happy with and then sit back and watch the prices. I generally book 6-10 weeks out but that's because I usually can't plan/ book that far in advance unless it can be cancelled.

LOL.....I just mentioned to DH that we could go back to Hotel Xcaret in October for only a couple of hundred more than I just paid. The guy that would never take a holiday, or even a day off for that matter, if I didn't tell him that we were going somewhere......just said "so book it then". It probably won't happen though because I want to take my DD for a WDW holiday and it looks like the best time for that would be at the end of August AAAAND I did say we were not participating in Christmas any more. Going to have to figure that all out.

I got an email from airmiles offering 250 AM for my first delivery of MissFresh, a meal delivery company.

I didn't know what Miss Fresh was so I just looked it up. Looks like you need to sign up for a weeks worth of meals at $7.99 per portion.

correction, different option $58-66 per week for 3 meals

The Hotel Xcaret Mexico. I would recommend it to anyone...adults and families. There is something for everyone. One thing though...if it maters....it's kind of quiet at night. There is no nightly show or disco. There is a dinner show 6 nights a week but it ends about 9:30ish and there is a great cover band that plays in the lobby bar 3 nights a week. The band doesn't start until around 10pm. We enjoyed just walking around at night. Everything is beautifully lit at night and the ocean breeze is lovely. Strolling on the beach path after dark was really nice.

I've got the pics on my phone and will post as many as you want later.

PS....sorry for all the individual replies....so some reason when I tried to multi quote it would delete every thing.

It looks absolutely gorgeous! I've added it to my list of places to go. :) Thanks for sharing!!

Good grief that’s beautiful!!

We just decided on an early December trip the other day. The plan is Bonnet Creek and Disney, but I could easily be convinced to go to an island or Mexico if I could take 5 people for the same 5-6000. I just don’t even know where to begin looking. My perimeters are safe, clean, beautiful beach, great food and stuff to do. I am seeing some decent reviews and great prices for an Iberostar today (Iberostar Quetzal), and I would book instead of Disney.. I am always up for new experiences. But I have no idea what flights would be and if it’s actually a decent place. Has anyone stayed at the Iberostar resorts? This place would be $3700 Canadian for two rooms (we have five people).

It’s not like Disney where I know the whole area like the back of my hand, or cruising which I am really comfortable with. I’d happily do an AirBnB on an island somewhere if I could get decent flights and groceries etc. I am just so out of my element with even knowing where to begin!

I was glancing thru the Winter Offer Hub this morning and stumbled across this little thing! Spend $5.00, get 10 AM and know that $6.00 is going to your local animal shelter, i like that!
upload_2018-2-15_14-2-31.png

Click here
* Offer valid February 11th – February 24th, 2018. Get 10 Bonus Miles when you purchase a Paper Paw for $5 and Global Pet Foods will kick in another $1 for a total donation of $6. Limit of one Bonus Offer per AIR MILES Collector Number per day during the promotion period. Donate as little as $1 in-store, Global Pet Foods will match it with another $1 up to $75,000. Your generosity will help homeless pets, as well as over 100 local animal shelters and pet rescue groups across Canada. ®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Global Pet Foods Stores Inc.

**looks like you can do this once a day if you want :D Watching that video makes me want to get a puppy

So I want to thank whoever it was that brought up the travel hub through airmiles! I didn't know about it, so figured I would look through it. They had my hotel I booked through expedia, for 60 cents less lol, for my trip in October with a bonus 115 AM.
We have an upcoming overnight trip to Toronto planned for April that is currently booked thru Hotel .com (was the cheapest rate) so i decided to double-check the travel hub and discovered the hotel is now showing as a "Big Earn" $248 +tax and get 445 AM. I couldn't remember what I'm paying thru Hotel .com and discovered that the rate thru them is $15.00 CHEAPER today than when i booked it, SO i cancelled the original and booked again with the cheaper rate! Now paying $245 taxes included, I'm willing to give up the 445 AM to save $44.00 (the $ value of those miles is about $47) I'm constantly checking and re-checking rates everywhere, next up to go bugged eyed looking at resorts for January!

Rexall L&G this week spend $40 get 60AM. If they put out an email for the same on Monday I'll be using it. If not here's hoping for a Blue Friday for Ontario next weekpixiedust:.

Airmiles did the hockey game in Ottawa (Onyx event) up right last night. There were two drink tickets per person, pizza, chicken strips and smoked meat sandwiches. Popcorn, chips and veggies to start. Just as we were getting ready to leave they brought out the most amazing dessert tray (yum, yum) They also had a photographer there taking pictures which I guess will show up on their AM facebook page someday.

The hockey game was ho-hum but I got to see one of my DS's former team mates play in an NHL game. That was exciting (even though he was playing for the other team). Met @kuhltiffany at the end of the night, it was nice to finally put a face with a name.

Good grief that’s beautiful!!

We just decided on an early December trip the other day. The plan is Bonnet Creek and Disney, but I could easily be convinced to go to an island or Mexico if I could take 5 people for the same 5-6000. I just don’t even know where to begin looking. My perimeters are safe, clean, beautiful beach, great food and stuff to do. I am seeing some decent reviews and great prices for an Iberostar today (Iberostar Quetzal), and I would book instead of Disney.. I am always up for new experiences. But I have no idea what flights would be and if it’s actually a decent place. Has anyone stayed at the Iberostar resorts? This place would be $3700 Canadian for two rooms (we have five people).

It’s not like Disney where I know the whole area like the back of my hand, or cruising which I am really comfortable with. I’d happily do an AirBnB on an island somewhere if I could get decent flights and groceries etc. I am just so out of my element with even knowing where to begin!
So this was my first trip to Mexico but I did a TON of research...as I usually do because it passes for entertainment for me. In general Mexico is not a great beach place. There are resorts with decent beaches but often the water is very rough and not good for swimming. In terms of food it's always going to be better in Mexico over the DR or Cuba. The more southern Caribbean islands will also have good food and beaches but the prices are going to be very high....ie:$2500+ pp. A co-worker of DH has just left for two weeks in Playa Del Carmen and he has rented a condo there for only $600/week. DH said it looks really nice. We went into Playa Del Carmen for an afternoon and I saw a huge grocery store just outside of the main tourist area. Playa is now pretty 'American-ized'...they have Walmart, Home Depot, Sam's Club, Costco etc etc. It's only about 40-45 minutes away from Cancun airport and you can get private airport transfers for about $90CAD RT. If this sort of thing interests you get on the TripAdvisor forums and start reading. There is a large community on there of people that like to do the rental thing. Lots of info there on things to do, places to go, dining and so on.

I don't know specifically about that Iberostar but generally that chain is good. Others big chains to look at are RIU, Ocean, Princess, and Barceló. My other options for this trip were the Grand Sirenis and the Barceló. I would also go to the Valentin Imperial....it gets VERY high praise as being a lot of bang for the buck. Anything in the Barceló complex might tick off a lot of your boxes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter