Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I would be speaking with the manager of that store...and if that didn't work...i would go above that person to the district manager!!!! It is a fear of mine to have that happen to me! We work their stupid programs to best of our ability to get that perk.

Quick question that popped into my head...Did your points successfully transfer over to the new Pc optimum program. I have had a couple of people come through my till at no frills that have had trouble with their points not converting over properly.

I'm crossing all my fingers and toes you get your points back somehow...some way
I have no idea if it happened at the store I normally shop at. All I can see on my profile is that it was a click and collect.

I had no issues at all with the change over. It was so simple. Since then I’ve redeem at least 100,000.

If you feel that you are getting nowhere and need to escalate, use their Twitter and Facebook pages and they will fall all over themselves to fix it. Sadly most companies these days don’t mind giving poor service but they do mind looking bad.
I’m actually going to take to Facebook to shame Air Transat. We had a huge issue with them when got back to YYZ after Mexico. I sent them an email the day after I got home which was Feb 11th and still no response. The entire situation was handled beyond poorly and staff was beyond rude. I would appreciate a little compensation but don’t expect anything. At the time I really just wanted an apology but now not sure that will do it.

OMG....my 220,000 PC Optimum points have been redeemed by someone and that someone was not me. It was made on a click and collect purchase on a day that I was home all day.

I save my points all year long because usually around this time I am off work for a few weeks without pay. I pay for all our groceries so having them covered with points doesn't disrupt anything else....savings, vacay fund etc.
I seem to remember on the old PC points account that you could sort of lock your account. I remember that I had my account set that only my main card could cash in the points but I don't see that this can be done on the new PC optimum site. I will have to keep checking on this. Maybe then need this to be done on the new accounts as well. Has anybody found that they can restrict their accounts?

Just cleaning off my phone and found 2 pictures i took so i could share the AWESOME savings that could be had, just wish i had remembered when it would have been possible for everyone to take advantage of these GREAT deals (where't the sarcasm font :P )View attachment 307196 View attachment 307197
My cousin posted a similar pick-different store, different product-in FB and Twitter.....amazing how quickly the store responded!

You should just be able to click thru the airmilesshop link and they will automatically happen. Check out the first post in this thread for information regarding online shopping and be careful with the terms & conditions with Amazon specifically!! You will need to keep detailed records for these transactions since a lot of us often find these get lost in the shuffle of the big promos. You will need the following:
  • date of transaction
  • pre-tax & shipping total
  • name of store
  • if there are any multipliers that apply when you made the purchase -- currently there are several stores with those
poke around the website if you haven't before so you know which stores are there. I noticed you have young children and there is a coupon for Children's Place AND you can order online from there as well letting you kill 2 birds with one stone :D

Thank you so much, I appreciate your response!

When you shopped at Staples, did the cashier scan the coupon? I know mine was the first coupon the cashier had seen that day. There was a coupon code on my receipt. My 75 points posted at the same time as my purchase did (about 2 -3 days after).

Yes she did, I also received 2 $15 gift cards that day. There are 3 coupon codes marked on my receipt, the 2 gift cards and then a 3rd that I assumed was the bonus AM one.

Yes she did, I also received 2 $15 gift cards that day. There are 3 coupon codes marked on my receipt, the 2 gift cards and then a 3rd that I assumed was the bonus AM one.

Hi
I did online chat and she said they have 60 days to post base airmiles (which I got) and 120 days to post the 75 bonus airmiles,,(which I am waiting for).
I guess they have till June to post mine.
I need to print myself a reminder for this one.
Hugs Mel

I have no idea if it happened at the store I normally shop at. All I can see on my profile is that it was a click and collect.

I had no issues at all with the change over. It was so simple. Since then I’ve redeem at least 100,000.

OMG I hope they are able to fix this for you immediately! :furious:

I went and did my Customer Appreciation Day shopping at Safeway... not quite Blue Friday but I spent $157 and earned 211 AM...

Sobeys On March 8-14
https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/sobeys-on-flyer-march-8-to-14/all

Sobeys Urban Fresh
March 8-14
https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/sobeys-urban-fresh-flyer-march-8-to-14/all
(I can't find even one posted airmile deal in this flyer).

Foodland
March 8-14
https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/foodland-on-flyer-march-8-to-14/all

Metro March 8-14
https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/metro-on-flyer-march-8-to-14/all

Hugs Mel

In store detective needed as I didn't see much offered in the flyer

clipsherlock.gif

Last edited:
:furious: OMG....my 220,000 PC Optimum points have been redeemed by someone and that someone was not me. It was made on a click and collect purchase on a day that I was home all day.

I save my points all year long because usually around this time I am off work for a few weeks without pay. I pay for all our groceries so having them covered with points doesn't disrupt anything else....savings, vacay fund etc.
uhmm how can I dislike a post,,, this is crazy,,,but from my experience they have been good and replacing them after explaining. This is one of the main reasons we can not redeem for gift cards at PC anymore.
|Good luck

I seem to remember on the old PC points account that you could sort of lock your account. I remember that I had my account set that only my main card could cash in the points but I don't see that this can be done on the new PC optimum site. I will have to keep checking on this. Maybe then need this to be done on the new accounts as well. Has anybody found that they can restrict their accounts?
I'm going to go and look again but I'm pretty sure that there is no way to lock the account.

Thanks for sharing! Yes! Soooo happy to see this as one of the offers!!!

I don't understand how your PC Optimum points could have been redeemed by someone else. Is it a system issue, and they wiped out your points in error?
It's been a long time since I ordered through click and collect so I can't remember exactly but I think you have to key in your PC number. I thought perhaps someone transposed some numbers and got my account. Don't know. With my DD being a store manager she told me that most people do not save up points the way I do so it's quite possible that whom ever got my points knew they did not have that many and just accepted the redemption anyway.

I expect that this will take a week or more to even get a response.

uhmm how can I dislike a post,,, this is crazy,,,but from my experience they have been good and replacing them after explaining. This is one of the main reasons we can not redeem for gift cards at PC anymore.
|Good luck
The gift card thing came about because of hackers. Would you not think that after that the folks at Loblaw would have added pin numbers or something to secure the accounts?

Perhaps in future I should not stock pile my points either. Depending on how this goes I might just start buying gift cards every few weeks with my groceries and put them away.

dancin Disney style, I hope they fix the points for you asap. Should be easy enough for them to figure out.

Does anyone else find they aren't getting as many points at Superstore as they were before the merge? I'm getting great Shoppers Drug Mart offers but not for Superstore.

Alright, I am SUPER new to collecting air miles.. I live in Manitoba. I've had a card for 9 years but so far I only have 41 miles ! Would love the help of you experts! We leave for our trip February 10, 2019. 3 adults, childc 1 infant. My goal is to have enough points to redeem at least ONE adult ticket. If I can get more sweet. But even one would save me a good chunk of change. I plan on living the airmiles or die life and only shopping where I can collect points. Even if it means driving 15 minutes to rexall instead of walking 3 minutes to shoppers.

Also note, I really would like to avoid opening another credit card. My husband has 2 already open and after making really poor choices, I'm currently trying to rebuild my credit. We're planning to buy a house in 6 years so I want to avoid that route and just grind through The collector card.

Do any places earn miles on gift cards? I'm trying to find the best way to take advantage of the megamiles event.

Thanks everyone!

You've got this! I fell off the airmiles wagon and just got back on late in the Shop the Block 2017 promo. Went from 600 airmiles to 3500 in 3 months already without much extra spending. I am also saving for Disney passes. 10 years ago I was great about collecting and used airmiles to purchase WDW passes for my whole family and was able to purchase a ton of Christmas/bday gifts via Chapters gift cards. Ended up just being busy with kids and life but am thrilled to be back in the collecting game. :) This group is great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter