Airmiles Armchair Chatter

OMG -- i didn't study the flyers closely this week so i missed this! I said to hubby in the grocery store on Sunday "I just opened the last wet swiffer package so as soon as they go on sale with AM i need some, add it to our "watch list"
If you're talking about the wet cloths -- they last for one "wash" of my front hall/bathroom and then an initial pass on the kitchen floor, and then done. If the kitchen is particularly dirty I'll use another one (like after yesterday's cookie baking session when the phone kept ringing and i kept dropping dough on the floor as i wiped my hands on my Food and Wine apron :P ) The dry cloths are good for much longer -- but are lousy at picking up anything more than the dust bunnies that hide under the hutch and the initial pass on the crunchy bits that fall under hubby's chair (seriously, how does he make so much mess???) All that to say i LOVE mine and they usually last until the next sale! I also use the dusters!

Side note, they are a P & G product so you can use a coupon from this site (there is currently one for the entire setup for $3.00 and $1.00 for the refills)

P & G coupons via Rexall

Hey Hon
I did not mean to infer that using the swiffer wet jet indicates laziness,,lol,,,lol. sorry Hon:upsidedow:oops::o:o,,I just always tease my sons that they are lazy.
Thanks for the link to the coupons,I appreciate it.
I agree the dry ones just seem to push the dust around. My new floors are tile porcelain (look like wood planks) and I love how easy it is to keep them clean now.
sierra-wood-lifeproof-porcelain-tile-lp31624hd1pr-64_400_compressed.jpg

Thanks again
Hugs Mel

So for the first time I received push back from Rexall from stacking AM coupons. I had the $25 get 50 AM for the Rexall products as well as the spend $40 get 60 AM. She made a fuss and showed me where it says only one coupon can be used. I asked if she would scan it and see what happens, which she did and it did work. She then gave me a lecture on how Rexall doesn't get the AM's free, its 25 cents per AM that they need to pay. I was respectful of her comments but I kept thinking 'how is that my problem'. I mean if they take then the issue seems to be on their end. If they didn't take then okay, they fixed their problem. Can't be that hard for them to input that into their system can it? Lol.
Anyways, rant over, I spent $45.16 after tax and got 119 AM's. One of my load and go's didn't work but I can't exactly complain.

So for the first time I received push back from Rexall from stacking AM coupons. I had the $25 get 50 AM for the Rexall products as well as the spend $40 get 60 AM. She made a fuss and showed me where it says only one coupon can be used. I asked if she would scan it and see what happens, which she did and it did work. She then gave me a lecture on how Rexall doesn't get the AM's free, its 25 cents per AM that they need to pay. I was respectful of her comments but I kept thinking 'how is that my problem'. I mean if they take then the issue seems to be on their end. If they didn't take then okay, they fixed their problem. Can't be that hard for them to input that into their system can it? Lol.
Anyways, rant over, I spent $45.16 after tax and got 119 AM's. One of my load and go's didn't work but I can't exactly complain.

I would have lectured her on how all of Rexall's prices are at least 1/4 more than Walmart's and would she rather that I and the rest of the airmiles users do our shopping there and put her out of a job? The only way that Rexall prices become competitive is by stacking coupons.

I would have lectured her on how all of Rexall's prices are at least 1/4 more than Walmart's and would she rather that I and the rest of the airmiles users do our shopping there and put her out of a job? The only way that Rexall prices become competitive is by stacking coupons.

Totally agree! Since my load & go offers have stopped coming, I have stopped shopping at Rexall's. I debated going there today for the $25 get 50 (as we can stash 4 cans of nuts to bring out at Thanksgiving and Christmas) but haven't had time so far.

And WTH? It's not her job to lecture you on air miles. That's up to the higher up people in Rexall who deal with air miles. Sheesh!

Hey Hon
I did not mean to infer that using the swiffer wet jet indicates laziness,,lol,,,lol. sorry Hon:upsidedow:oops::o:o,,I just always tease my sons that they are lazy.
Thanks for the link to the coupons,I appreciate it.
I agree the dry ones just seem to push the dust around. My new floors are tile porcelain (look like wood planks) and I love how easy it is to keep them clean now.

Thanks again
Hugs Mel

I'm always frank about how LAZY i am! I wouldn't call it lazy so much as creative in my use of energy :P BTW i don't use the swiffer wet jet -- i just use the wet cloths on the standard swiffer stick. Don't have room to store multiple "things" and they work perfectly fine for the between swipes. Twice a year i really go at the floor in the kitchen (ugly old yellow, linoleum) by stripping the finish off with a good scrub and wash with real cleaners. Then i use what used to be called "Pledge Future Shine" (been bought out & i forget the new name) -- it's simple to use, squirt it, mop it on, let it dry. I put 2 coats on and then use a dry swiffer to polish it up. If i use the wet swiffers at least once a week they keep it looking shiny & clean!! The front hall is a similar product to yours and the wet cloths are all i have used for 3 years and it looks as good as the day it went down.

Totally agree! Since my load & go offers have stopped coming, I have stopped shopping at Rexall's. I debated going there today for the $25 get 50 (as we can stash 4 cans of nuts to bring out at Thanksgiving and Christmas) but haven't had time so far.

And WTH? It's not her job to lecture you on air miles. That's up to the higher up people in Rexall who deal with air miles. Sheesh!

Agree with all this 100%!!! It's not my problem that you have loop-holes that i can use and it's not coming out of your salary so just scan the darned things and stop judging me :P I actually need a bunch of stuff but can't be bothered heading out of the house today .. i would need to spend $60 if I want to use my LnG offer as well and it would net me 170 AM but the hassle of actually putting on "outside clothes" (you know, NOT a Donald shirt that is stretched beyond belief and shorts with stains), walking/taking the bus or waiting till the car is home, and then the concentration of a serious shop isn't worth 1700 AM!!!

Hi Hon
For some reason my sons like the swiffer (laziness) lol. I like the Vileda mop and bucket myself, The cyst ruptured last year but instead of going away the scans show it is refilling,,I am seeing a surgeon next week so maybe he will have some suggestions. I have to have strong legs for my Disney trips is what I am going to tell him!:D
Hugs to you
A cyst has a sack. They can rupture at any time and that’s ok but if the sack is not removed they will always refill. You have to find a surgical dermatologist to remove the sack.

Just back from a Rexall shop.
I purchased two Rexall products total $30.48 (Both labeled Rexall)
Bill showed
Base miles N/A
Bonus MilesN/A
Load & Go N/A
which store manager says usually means the airmiles website is down.

Next purchase total $30.52
Manager is not sure if the Nosh & Co products and Savvy products will go through,,she seems to think it is only Rexall and Be Better,
She read the fine print and did say it is a bit misleading as Nosh & Co and Savvy are Rexall owned products.
This Bill showed
Base Miles N/A
Bonus Miles N/A
Load & Go N/A
So if the airmiles don't post in the next couple of days she said that she will *make it right* for me.

Hugs Mel

Just a suggestion for Rexall (you never know who reads these posts):rolleyes1
Maybe in the fine print they will have to exclude certain *Rexall* products in the future.
They even have a *KIT* beauty line.
They should even get their act together with Airmiles.

So I went to Rexall to use my coupon today and after I walked there for 25 minutes I get there to find out they don't have my Rexall item I was going to purchase so I just left. I was lucky that I got a ride to another Rexall which had my item as well as another item that I had been looking at and the 2nd item is going on sale tomorrow but the sale tag had already been put up so they had to give it to me for the sale price. My total came to 29.98 and the scanned coupon on their cash says spend $30 get 50 airmiles not the spend $25 get 50 that the coupon said. We went back and forth and I said do you have anything cheap that I can buy to get my total over $30 and I found a box of Savvy tissues for $.69 so my before tax was $30.67. They said there must be some communication issue with what airmiles sent out for the coupon and what they were told. The Manager person said she had just manually given somebody the 50 airmiles but if she did it again they would be calling her. That is probably why your coupons didn't work.

A cyst has a sack. They can rupture at any time and that’s ok but if the sack is not removed they will always refill. You have to find a surgical dermatologist to remove the sack.
Hi Hon yeah mine is a
A popliteal cyst, also known as a Baker's cyst, is a fluid-filled swelling that causes a lump at the back of the knee, leading to tightness and restricted movement. The cyst can be painful when you bend or extend your knee,
Unfortunately it's inside my leg so I have been waiting for a surgeon's appointment,,,a long wait. I have a feeling even if he suggests surgery it will be a long wait for that. Our medical system is very busy.
My fingers are crossed.
Hugs Mel

Just curious if any Air Miles DIS'ers are planning on going to WDW for the 50th anniversary in 2021? We already have a big family trip planned for April 2019 to Mexico, so at this point, all of my miles are being saved for that WDW trip.

Question though: Do we know if the celebrations will start right on January 1, 2021? Or will they start on the exact date WDW was opened?

WE're in the "talking" stages of a 2020 trip for my oldest daughter's 30th. If it doesn't pan out and we don't go in 2020, I think 2021 might be a good alternative!

They should even get their act together with Airmiles.

So I went to Rexall to use my coupon today and after I walked there for 25 minutes I get there to find out they don't have my Rexall item I was going to purchase so I just left. I was lucky that I got a ride to another Rexall which had my item as well as another item that I had been looking at and the 2nd item is going on sale tomorrow but the sale tag had already been put up so they had to give it to me for the sale price. My total came to 29.98 and the scanned coupon on their cash says spend $30 get 50 airmiles not the spend $25 get 50 that the coupon said. We went back and forth and I said do you have anything cheap that I can buy to get my total over $30 and I found a box of Savvy tissues for $.69 so my before tax was $30.67. They said there must be some communication issue with what airmiles sent out for the coupon and what they were told. The Manager person said she had just manually given somebody the 50 airmiles but if she did it again they would be calling her. That is probably why your coupons didn't work.

Hugs to you Hon,,I am so sorry you walked there and they didn't have what you needed.
That is so wrong --the email said spend 25.00 get 50 airmiles.
I am glad they gave you the sale price,,I looked through the new flyer and noticed alot of Rexall items going on sale and some with airmiles,,,kind of made me wish I had waited till this weekend to shop.
Hugs to you
Mel

Hugs to you Hon,,I am so sorry you walked there and they didn't have what you needed.
That is so wrong --the email said spend 25.00 get 50 airmiles.
I am glad they gave you the sale price,,I looked through the new flyer and noticed alot of Rexall items going on sale and some with airmiles,,,kind of made me wish I had waited till this weekend to shop.
Well I don't mind the walking and I need to get my 10,000 steps per day in so the walk is good for me. If I had gone to the 2nd store first I wouldn't have gotten the Rexall item on sale so it all worked out for me. Both stores were the same walking distance from my house but I thought I would try the bigger store as I figured they would have the product in stock more than the littler store. How wrong I was!!! Good thing my ride was available to pick me up from the first store and take me to the second store.

Just back from a Rexall shop.
I purchased two Rexall products total $30.48 (Both labeled Rexall)
Bill showed
Base miles N/A
Bonus MilesN/A
Load & Go N/A
which store manager says usually means the airmiles website is down.

Next purchase total $30.52
Manager is not sure if the Nosh & Co products and Savvy products will go through,,she seems to think it is only Rexall and Be Better,
She read the fine print and did say it is a bit misleading as Nosh & Co and Savvy are Rexall owned products.
This Bill showed
Base Miles N/A
Bonus Miles N/A
Load & Go N/A
So if the airmiles don't post in the next couple of days she said that she will *make it right* for me.

Hugs Mel

Just a suggestion for Rexall (you never know who reads these posts):rolleyes1
Maybe in the fine print they will have to exclude certain *Rexall* products in the future.
They even have a *KIT* beauty line.

My coupon didn't work either. I was told that the 50 bonus would post within 2 weeks, and if not come back to the store, and they would make it right. If that doesn't work I will return all the items and get a refund. They claimed Rexall was redoing their computers, and they were changing how things were done. We will see.

All my purchases are still in the shopping bag, and will stay there until I get my 50 bonus air miles, with the exception of the 99 cent potato chips which we will eat.

Just curious if any Air Miles DIS'ers are planning on going to WDW for the 50th anniversary in 2021? We already have a big family trip planned for April 2019 to Mexico, so at this point, all of my miles are being saved for that WDW trip.

Question though: Do we know if the celebrations will start right on January 1, 2021? Or will they start on the exact date WDW was opened?

Based on how Disney celebrated prior anniversaries at WDW and DLR, I am betting on them celebrating WDW 50th from October 2021 to October 2022. Therefore, we are planning a Spring break (first week of March for us) in 2022 but if they change their pattern, we will go March 2021 instead. DH agreed to buy AP for 2021-2022 but now I think we will only go to WDW once in March and visit Aulani or DLP instead of going multiple times to WDW. I still love WDW but since visiting DLR in April, I don't want to spend all our Disney money at WDW anymore and visit all the other Disney places all over the world.

Favour time! Just wondering if my fellow DIS'ers would be willing to "buy" port of wine tickets for me for the Friday at 7pm show? I would be most grateful! DH is technically Onyx now, but it won't be posted until Sunday!

I would guess they will start at the beginning of the year! WDW and DLR anniversaries usually last over a year :)

Favour time! Just wondering if my fellow DIS'ers would be willing to "buy" port of wine tickets for me for the Friday at 7pm show? I would be most grateful! DH is technically Onyx now, but it won't be posted until Sunday!

Are you referring to the "Access for two to the NSLC Festival of Wines - Halifax NS - Sept 2018" for 1 reward mile?

I can if you still need it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter