Airmiles Armchair Chatter

As a donor to Habitat for Humanity I’m not sure how I feel about this. Not good. I don’t like charitable foundations to waste my donation. Perhaps it is a Loyalty One initiative. Hopefully.
Yup i agree -- don't send me stupid address labels, teddy bears, pads of paper etc, use my money for what i donated it towards! Not sure about this specific promo as it is -- did you see all the info you're granting them access to?!?!

OH and BTW you made the 15,000th post and that deserves a prize of some kind I think!!!!
am board.png

The Great to be Onyx promo from August (shop five over the three day weekend get 50) - has anyone seen those Miles post?
TIA
You know i keep all the fine print of every offer -- I've blocked out the totals you'd get because they were slightly different for each level -- Gold had one & ONYX had another --

This AIR MILES offer is exclusive, non-transferable and only available to the recipient of the offer invitation. To qualify for this offer, eligible Collector must click the "Opt in" button in the offer invitation email by August 26, 2018. Offer is valid from August 24 to 26 2018. To qualify, eligible Collector must swipe his/her AIR MILES Card and get a minimum of 1 Mile at any participating AIR MILES Partner 3 times during the offer period to earn the Bonus Offer of __ Miles, or 5 times during the offer period to earn the Bonus Offer of __ Miles. Offers cannot be combined. Limit of 1 swipe per Partner location per day. Miles are earned in connection with eligible purchases made at participating AIR MILES Partners. Please see airmiles.ca for specific Partner offer details. Any Miles earned through AIR MILES Credit Cards are not eligible Miles and do not qualify for this offer. All eligible Miles must be earned before 11:59 p.m. EST on August 26, 2018, and subsequently posted to your Collector Account. Limit of one (1) offer per Collector Number. Please allow up to 90 days after the end of the offer period for Bonus Miles to be posted to your Collector Account.

The end date of the promo will be considered August 26th and 90 days from that is November 24th so we have a bit to wait till we chase those down :crazy2:

As a donor to Habitat for Humanity I’m not sure how I feel about this. Not good. I don’t like charitable foundations to waste my donation. Perhaps it is a Loyalty One initiative. Hopefully.
Most charitable organizations spend the donations on a lot of things that most people would not be in favour of....salaries being the top of the pile.

Most charitable organizations spend the donations on a lot of things that most people would not be in favour of....salaries being the top of the pile.

Salaries are an unfortunate necessity (unless they can get volunteers to run things). I take exception to all the stupid mailings (several times per year when we donate 1X per year) and the "gifts" (which I don't need or want) that take up space in my drawer.

Salaries are an unfortunate necessity (unless they can get volunteers to run things). I take exception to all the stupid mailings (several times per year when we donate 1X per year) and the "gifts" (which I don't need or want) that take up space in my drawer.

Yeah it's great to say that volunteers will do things but most of the time that falls by the wayside and paid employees have to take over.
For the life of me I can't figure out how GoodWill near me went out of business? Everytime I went there the store was busy and they got lots of donations,,,I think this definitely had to be mismanagement. Right now the three donation boxes close to my home are constantly filled.
I do donate frequently to my local food bank and am planning on a fundraiser for Christmas,,it is a lot of organizing and work though.
My mom used to say we all have to care ,,,,,,,, "there go I but for the grace of God ".
Hugs
Mel

O/T Off Topic
A favor please
If you have seen these or spot them during your shopping excursions would you let me know please?
I need a lot of them for a treat I am making for some kids. I am not sure if they are sold in Canada?
Thanks
Hugs
Mel

adb21d8be457f39a007d74f9555dfb91.jpg

O/T Off Topic
A favor please
If you have seen these or spot them during your shopping excursions would you let me know please?
I need a lot of them for a treat I am making for some kids. I am not sure if they are sold in Canada?
Thanks
Hugs
Mel

adb21d8be457f39a007d74f9555dfb91.jpg
These are super cute!

I know exactly what you mean. I get mail labels and stationary from an organization I've never even donated to.

I know exactly what you mean. I get mail labels and stationary from an organization I've never even donated to.

I get address labels twice a year from some Jewish organization... uhmm not sure how I got on that mailing list. Tried to find some way to opt out, Google was no help, they included tons of ways for me to donate but nothing on how to ask them to stop. Eventually found a website with a place to contact them and after I explained they are wasting their money sending their labels to a Christian I now get regular mailings on converting :rotfl2:

Charities will share your info when you make a donation. This is the default. You need to tick the box to indicate you do not want them to share this info. We donated to the Red Cross earlier this year and neglected to do this on that one donation. Now we are receiving all sorts of mailings and "gifts" from every possible charity out there.

Charities will share your info when you make a donation. This is the default. You need to tick the box to indicate you do not want them to share this info. We donated to the Red Cross earlier this year and neglected to do this on that one donation. Now we are receiving all sorts of mailings and "gifts" from every possible charity out there.
In my case I don't think they are getting info that way. I only donate to three places....Cancer Society, Alzheimer's and Sick Kids. The first I do in cash in the spring when they set up the daffodil table at the grocery store...I drop a couple hundred in the box and don't take a receipt. The second I do at work...once a year we host the coffee break, again it's in cash and I take no receipt. Sick Kids my donation is done online but under a team name....so again not my personal info. :confused3

Thanks for the RExall coupon - I have a 40pts for $25 load and go, so that's 100pts for $40. DD has had a miserable cold for a week and chewed through a lot of medicine, time to restock :)

Just checked the AM site for WDW tickets....I said I would make a decision on oct 15th....right now the adult 5 day tickets are gone. Does anyone have experience with the child tickets? If I grab a couple of them would I be unable to add them to MDE for adults without first paying the upgrade cost?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter