Airmiles Armchair Chatter

We never get any kids, so we always both go out with ours a street over where the houses are more dense (we are in a rural area, trick or treating on our street would be maybe 5 houses in 30 minutes if you are walking). I leave candy out just in case, but it's always still there when we get back.

Does anyone use travelhub for hotels? DH travels to Toronto for work about once a month, so I told him he needs to start using travelhub. His trip last week was his first using it, and we got the 90+75 bonus miles posted earlier this week, and then he got two emails this morning saying he had earned another bonus 90 and another bonus 75 (and it each one specifically says, you earned x and you earned another x, like you earned 75, and another bonus 75). I'm not sure why, and I'm waiting to see if the second set post - anyone seen this before?

Did everyone get the email from Air Miles regarding their new partnership with Redtag.ca? Looks like the partnership with Marlin/Transat is over as of December 31/18:

"As a result of this new partnership, after December 31, 2018, 11:59 p.m. ET, Collectors will no longer be able to get Miles directly from Transat Distribution Canada’s travel agency network (Marlin Travel, Club Voyages, Transat Travel, Voyages Transat, TripCentral Atlantic Canada and TravelPlus) or use their Miles for Travel Certificates or Travel eVouchers for these retail travel agencies. Collectors can continue to use their Cash Miles for Transat eVouchers up until December 31, 2018."

I'm going to email our Marlin TA and ask about this. I know we have until March 1 to pay off our Greece trip, but we need to find out if we need to bring in the vouchers we've accumulated so far before the December 31/18 cut off.

Last edited:
Do you need to sign up with shell to get these offers? Or do they come direct from airmiles?

Directly from airmiles. They are somewhat random but we get them every month, maybe one of us left out. You need to use your airmiles card at Shell first so they know you are a Shell airmiles customer.

I have a loaded Metro offer this week, spend $100 get 100 AM. Which I think aligns with their weekend offer? I may be shopping at Metro this week! Amazing. Any way!

Did everyone get the email from Air Miles regarding their new partnership with Redtag.ca? Looks like the partnership with Marlin/Transat is over as of December 31/18:

"As a result of this new partnership, after December 31, 2018, 11:59 p.m. ET, Collectors will no longer be able to get Miles directly from Transat Distribution Canada’s travel agency network (Marlin Travel, Club Voyages, Transat Travel, Voyages Transat, TripCentral Atlantic Canada and TravelPlus) or use their Miles for Travel Certificates or Travel eVouchers for these retail travel agencies. Collectors can continue to use their Cash Miles for Transat eVouchers up until December 31, 2018."

I'm going to email our Marlin TA and ask about this. I know we have until March 1 to pay off our Greece trip, but we need to find out if we need to bring in the vouchers we've accumulated so far before the December 31/18 cut off.

I have not seen this. I would be interested to hear what they say. I know there has been a big offer to get flights through redtag.ca and earn bonus airmiles... I would prefer to be able to book online myself so this would be better for me. I think. We'll see what they come up with I guess :)

Sorry to burst your bubble. The Loadable offer is the weekend offer (all week actually Nov 1-7). You have to load the offer either via a computer or on the app. There is no "flyer" specific coupon.

I just did the offer this morning and only received 100AM (1X) spent $100.38 got 129AM.

I'm going to assume that was why the travel agent handling our daughters destination wedding, asked us to cash in our miles for vouchers to put towards our trip. She phoned each family to make sure that anyone who was wanting to lower the cost of their trip and collected AM that they were able to do that in time. I had used all our AM in Sept and saved us 1600.00. I almost have another 400.00 in AM for vouchers. I might need to make a phone call to the travel agent and ask if I can still cash more in...or do we save those for a different trip with the boys :scratchin

Sorry to burst your bubble. The Loadable offer is the weekend offer (all week actually Nov 1-7). You have to load the offer either via a computer or on the app. There is no "flyer" specific coupon.

I just did the offer this morning and only received 100AM (1X) spent $100.38 got 129AM.

Well that's sad... I guess I'll make dueling lists then, for Metro and Sobeys and see which gets me the "better" groceries for cost. More work but oh well!

Halloween has come and gone... we have still too much candy left. We TOT'ed for about 3 hours, came home with a half-filled pillowcase.
Sales flyer... yeah I don't even care... we don't need anything substantial enough to go shopping this week...

I haven't received one in months either.

Thought I'd post my son's Shell track record (that he sent me anyway):

Filled up once in March, received and did an offer for May (4x/100am)
Got an offer for June, 2x/25am, didn't do it and offers stopped
Filled up once in Sept, received an offer for November.

I can't use mine anymore, dh used my card for a 5l premium fillup for the lawnmover and now I only get premium offers.
The other extreme, dh, fills up say once a week currently has 3 November offers; 3 cents off/litre on weekends, 20am wus 95am and 4x/100am.

happy halloween-hangover day, everyone! sounds like it was a great day for those who enjoy haunted festivities :)

our first halloween was great. there’s usually snow here by halloween, but not this year. it was a bit chilly, but not too bad and no snow! we made a family costume and we even took our LO trick or treating. we made it to about 10 houses before we needed to get home and start bedtime, but baby seriously loved it! it makes me so excited to see how he reacts to visiting disney for the first time (we leave in 44 days!)

Rumour alert: Someone is posting on RFD that Shop the Block will be Nov 15 - Dec 27. Top award (because lets face it that's what we'll all go for) 7 coupons get 2000AM. I can't remember what all the others levels will get. They mention in their post that this is preliminary and may change before the promotion starts.

Edit to add: looks like it may be 7 Partners not 7 coupons. Exact details should be out soon.

Last edited:
Rumour alert: Someone is posting on RFD that Shop the Block will be Nov 15 - Dec 27. Top award (because lets face it that's what we'll all go for) 7 coupons get 2000AM. I can't remember what all the others levels will get. They mention in their post that this is preliminary and may change before the promotion starts.

i love a good air miles rumor! 2 weeks until we find out for sure!

So if you get a travel voucher now with dream miles but don't use it by dec 31st, is it dead after that?

No the article I found said you can still use them afterwards. It didn't mention a time frame to use by, so you may want to check with your travel agent, or for an update on the airmiles website (I couldn't see one).

I can’t recall , was it 7 offers get 2000 airmiles last year as well ? I think it was but I don’t keep track.

Heard back from our TA.

I asked about having to use the travel certs before the Dec. 31 deadline, and her response was "Order them before December 31st, they don’t expire, but if you want to receive airmiles (for the package booking) we need to issue them before December 31st."

So we'll be going into the travel agency sometime in December to pay off the trip and make sure we get air miles on the package.

I think I'll actually prefer to use redtag.ca in the future. I like to do my own bookings and make sure things are how I prefer them.

Redtag.ca
We are pleased to announce a new partnership with redtag.ca that provides AIR MILES® Collectors with more options to get and use Miles when making Package Vacation bookings through redtag.ca.

Starting January 8, 2019, 12:00 a.m. ET, you will be able to get and use Miles for Package Vacation bookings through redtag.ca.

Yes. With this new partnership, you can get and use Miles on Package Vacation bookings:

• Get 1 Mile for every $20 spent on Package Vacations booked through redtag.ca.1
  • For every 909 Dream Miles used, you will get $100 towards a Package Vacation booking through redtag.ca.
  • Flexibility to both get and use Miles: use Dream Miles for dollars off online bookings and get Miles on the total value of your booking.
There are thousands of Package Vacations made available by redtag.ca from Canada’s leading travel providers: Air Canada Vacations, WestJet Vacations, Sunquest Vacations, Transat, Porter Escapes and Sunwing Vacations.

If you’re looking to use Miles towards Cruise bookings through redtag.ca, you’ll be able to do that later in 2019!

Transat Distribution Canada (TDC)
As a result of this new partnership, after December 31, 2018, 11:59 p.m. ET, Collectors will no longer be able to get Miles directly from Transat Travel, Club Voyages, Voyages Transat, Travel Plus, Marlin Travel and tripcentral.ca or use their Miles for Transat Travel Certificates. Collectors can continue to use their Cash Miles for Transat eVouchers up until December 31, 2018.

Any Certificates or eVouchers you may have currently will continue to be honoured after this time.

FAQ
When will this change come into effect?

Starting January 8, 2019, 12:00 a.m. ET, you will be able to get and use Miles for Package Vacation bookings through redtag.ca.

Yes. With this new partnership, you can get and use Miles on Package Vacation bookings:

• Get 1 Mile for every $20 spent on Package Vacations booked through redtag.ca.1
  • For every 909 Dream Miles used, you will get $100 towards a Package Vacation booking through redtag.ca.
  • Flexibility to both get and use Miles: use Dream Miles for dollars off online bookings and get Miles on the total value of your booking.
If you’re looking to use Miles towards Cruise bookings through redtag.ca, you’ll be able to do that later in 2019!

As a result of this new partnership, after December 31, 2018, 11:59 p.m. ET, Collectors will no longer be able to get Miles directly from Transat Travel, Club Voyages, Voyages Transat, Travel Plus, Marlin Travel and tripcentral.ca or use their Miles for Transat Travel Certificates. Collectors can continue to use their Cash Miles for Transat eVouchers up until December 31, 2018.

Any Certificates or eVouchers you may have currently will continue to be honoured after this time.

I was unaware of this change! How are you informing Collectors?

On November 1, we started communicating this news to Collectors, through an email, updates on www.airmiles.ca, a press release and proactive media relations.

Does this mean I won't be able to get Transat Dream Certificates or Cash eVouchers?

After December 31, 2018, 11:59 p.m. ET, Collectors will no longer be able to get Miles directly from Transat Travel, Club Voyages, Voyages Transat, Travel Plus, Marlin Travel and tripcentral.ca or use their Miles for Transat Travel Certificates. Collectors can continue to use their Cash Miles for Transat eVouchers up until December 31, 2018.

What if I already used my Miles for a Transat Dream Certificate or Cash eVoucher? Will I still be able to use it?

Yes. Any Certificates or eVouchers you may have currently will continue to be honoured after this time.

What added value will a partnership with redtag.ca bring me?

With thousands of Package Vacations made available by redtag.ca from Canada’s leading travel providers, such as Air Canada Vacations, WestJet Vacations, Sunquest Vacations, Transat, Porter Escapes and Sunwing Vacations, the new partnership provides Collectors with even more choice when booking Package Vacations!

Will I be able to use my Dream Miles towards Cruise bookings?

At the time of launch on January 8, 2019, you will not be able to use your Dream Miles towards Cruise bookings through redtag.ca. We will be working hard to have this implemented so that you may do so later in 2019.

What can I do if I want to use my Miles towards Package Vacation bookings on redtag.ca?

Make sure to set your Account balance preference to make sure you’re getting Dream Miles that you can use towards your Vacation bookings!

Who should I contact if I have questions about this change?

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us through chat and social media (Facebook, Twitter).

Terms and Conditions

1. Exclusions apply

We live on an unlit street with houses only on one side. In 16 years in the house we were prepared to hand out candy for the first 7 years before DD was born. Not one kid came so we just stopped buy the candy. (I only bought one small bag of stuff DH and I liked). It frees us up to take DD9 out each year. Start up at Dmum/ DSIS' s place and take them out for about 1/2 hour then switch to go out with the cousins closer to DD age in their neighbourhood at 6:30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter