Airmiles Armchair Chatter

DH picked a great day to come to Ottawa. It's cold out there today! Smart you deciding to stay home.

No kidding eh??? I decided to switch my appointment to today, I'm currently studying google maps to determine my best route on the ttc so I can avoid the cold for as much as possible. I'm taking myself to the movies, doing some shopping, grabbing some dinner and then taking the UP Express to Pearson to meet the hubby. By the time his flight left last night he'd already checked in for tonight's and eventually that plane landed before he even took off :eek: flight was packed with everyone who was supposed to be on the cancelled flights the rest of the day :crowded:

minnie is not my style, but we had to replace our suitcases this year and i would have gone with disney if there were options i liked enough!

my current favorite is the disney cruise line (fashioned like an old steamer trunk).
Me to. My problem though is wondering if the luggage might 'get lost' while traveling. I keep eyeing the Disney stuff but wonder if it might be to tempting for others. Yes, I can get paranoid at times ;)

My Minnie suitcase is carry-on for two reasons. One: I don't want to pay checked luggage fees and Two: I'm afraid someone handling it will damage it. The two times I had to gate check (really small plane) I watched out the window to make sure they took care of Minnie. So far so good.

Now can I use my Minnie to go to Universal or should I take DH plain black one?

My Minnie suitcase is carry-on for two reasons. One: I don't want to pay checked luggage fees and Two: I'm afraid someone handling it will damage it. The two times I had to gate check (really small plane) I watched out the window to make sure they took care of Minnie. So far so good.

Now can I use my Minnie to go to Universal or should I take DH plain black one?

yes! i would only buy a carry on sized disney bag because i’ve had checked bags damaged often enough. i would be so afraid to ruin it that i wouldn’t use it. at least as a carry on, i can ruin it myself!

and i would totally use your minnie bag. maybe a bit of disney visibility will be a sign that universal should up their game ( i would totally buy a HP suitcase...)

Oh my you are all making me think that I need to learn how to pack better.
Honestly I do try but I never seem to be able to get everything into the carry-on. Maybe I should practice a bit this weekend.
I do admire people that are able to do this.
Hugs
Mel

P.S. That Minnie suitcase is adorable.
Hugs
Mel

yes! i would only buy a carry on sized disney bag because i’ve had checked bags damaged often enough. i would be so afraid to ruin it that i wouldn’t use it. at least as a carry on, i can ruin it myself!

and i would totally use your minnie bag. maybe a bit of disney visibility will be a sign that universal should up their game ( i would totally buy a HP suitcase...)

I'm with you on the HP luggage--I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
Hugs
Mel

Ive packed for a 7 night caribbean cruise in a carry on. The issue is with shoes, men due to the size, and women due to the quantity LOL

All of my summer clothes is made of that jersey spandex material that rolls up easily.

Sometimes you just need a big case though due to multiple types of weather.

I normally do just carry on, but have to admit it can be annoying to manage everything. Kiddo is a help but when he gets motion sick on the flights he isn't much help at the end of the journey. For Disney I tend to pay for one checked bag. Because it's just so much magic when it shows up in your room! It is a pain to check at the airport and everything though. Maybe I just don't like travelling? But love the destinations so it's the price I pay :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter