Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Finally bit the bullet and ordered the stand mixer I've wanted! Just over 3500 AM plus 110 AM bonus for ordering :) Those did not show up right away though so will make a note to watch out for those.

I was waiting til the 2000 STB miles posted but I realized that I can't order my Universal Orlando tickets too far in advance anyways so might as well order my mixer first!

This is the one I got: https://rewards.airmiles.ca/merchan...tertm-55-quart-52l-stand-mixer---silver/51162

Guess I got the last one in stock? Now shows out of stock! Lucky me!

OOOH that's MAX! You're gonna love it!!! I seriously have no idea how i managed to do everything i did without him helping me out :P I won't tell you how many miles i had to spend to get it though :rolleyes1 I think it might of been on the weekly sale when i jumped on it. I've had bonus miles attached to items in the past and the miles tend to post fairly quickly so you shouldn't have to chase them down.

Nice thing about the mixer is that it comes with a 3 year warranty so just stash the box somewhere in case you run into trouble. Have fun mixing it up

I don't normally use my Airmiles for flights because of the taxes on top of the redemption are so high, but I'm a little stuck for a one way flight from Toronto to Vancouver in May. Does anyone know approx. how much the taxes would be? I can't check because I won't have enough airmiles until my STB ones get deposited.

I don't normally use my Airmiles for flights because of the taxes on top of the redemption are so high, but I'm a little stuck for a one way flight from Toronto to Vancouver in May. Does anyone know approx. how much the taxes would be? I can't check because I won't have enough airmiles until my STB ones get deposited.
On a Saturday in May flight was 2160 AM and $79.16 taxes.

Not bad, I was looking at Aeroplan points for a one way ticket Toronto to Ottawa and taxes and fees were $81.20

Let me (us) know how it goes. I'm waiting on those 25AM as well. They may show up in the Sobeys regular posting on Wednesday/Thursday.

Let me (us) know how it goes. I'm waiting on those 25AM as well. They may show up in the Sobeys regular posting on Wednesday/Thursday.

Okay, all done and posted. Have the email handy as I had to tell them the particulars, promo dates, etc

Another two that I can cross off the list!

Anyone else get nervous when you start to cash out your miles? I have over $700 Cash miles and DH has about half of that. I want to start cashing them in, but I always find I have to spend that money on car repairs, house stuff, etc NOT FUN STUFF! lol Last time I started to do this I had $1000 in my vacation fund, which I had to use on my stupid car!

Anyways, I'm hoarding every last miles until our next Orlando trip in 2021 (WDW and USO), so I could have around $5000 in Cash miles and enough Dream miles for all of our park passes. Essentially trying for a free trip.

Can someone verify for me please....I'm on chat right now and this 'person' can't do math....but maybe you guys will say I can't do math :rotfl2:

Wayfair order on Black Friday....$540.....the deal was base plus 2X bonus plus 15X bonus for BF. My math...27 base....27 bonus....405 BF bonus....total 459. I was only given 432 miles and after some argument I dropped it after expressing my displeasure with having to yet again police them to get my miles. I even tossed in the I've been a member since 1992.

Was also told that the 50 bonus for the Airmilesshops STB will be applied by April 27th.

BTW....I still have not gotten the Sept Mastercard 500 miles and added that in to the chat. That has been passed along to BMO for verification and it's now up to them.

Can someone verify for me please....I'm on chat right now and this 'person' can't do math....but maybe you guys will say I can't do math :rotfl2:

Wayfair order on Black Friday....$540.....the deal was base plus 2X bonus plus 15X bonus for BF. My math...27 base....27 bonus....405 BF bonus....total 459. I was only given 432 miles and after some argument I dropped it after expressing my displeasure with having to yet again police them to get my miles. I even tossed in the I've been a member since 1992.

Was also told that the 50 bonus for the Airmilesshops STB will be applied by April 27th.

$540/20 = 27 (base)x 2 = 54 (2x) x 14 = $378 (15x) = 432 miles

You don't actually multiply the base amount by the multiplier, you always do one number less as the base is included in the multiplier.

$540/20 = 27 (base)x 2 = 54 (2x) x 14 = $378 (15x) = 432 miles

You don't actually multiply the base amount by the multiplier, you always do one number less as the base is included in the multiplier.
Thanks. So I'm the idiot...:rotfl2: but that was a very easy explanation that could have been offered by the chat person and it would have avoided a bunch of back and forth and making me mad.

ETA: I just realized I spelled out my math and was not corrected

Anyone else get nervous when you start to cash out your miles? I have over $700 Cash miles and DH has about half of that. I want to start cashing them in, but I always find I have to spend that money on car repairs, house stuff, etc NOT FUN STUFF! lol Last time I started to do this I had $1000 in my vacation fund, which I had to use on my stupid car!

Anyways, I'm hoarding every last miles until our next Orlando trip in 2021 (WDW and USO), so I could have around $5000 in Cash miles and enough Dream miles for all of our park passes. Essentially trying for a free trip.

We only collect enough Cash Miles to be able to complete any offers that might be part of the big promos. We don't have any way to separate our money into separate "piles" since we're with Manulife -- all of our accounts are combined into one that's connected to our mortgage thru a secured line of credit. Hubby keeps a spreadsheet where he earmarks money for certain things but it really doesn't make any difference, it's all in the same pot. The only way it would work with us being able to actually see it would be to cash it in for things we no longer are able to do -- GIFT CARDS!! Yeah i know, we could do the business of adding a gift card to the grocery shopping and tell ourselves the miles bought the gift card instead of the food but that doesn't have the same gratification to me :P

That being said, i do tend to let the miles just pile up and then get all pouty when i drain it for anything -- hello you stack of travel vouchers sitting here taunting me -- I like the look of the account when it's bursting at the seams and it's pretty pathetic right now, just over 300.

Last edited:
We only collect enough Cash Miles to be able to complete and offers that might be part of the big promos. We don't have any way to separate our money into separate "piles" since we're with Manulife -- all of our accounts are combined into one that's connected to our mortgage thru a secured line of credit. Hubby keeps a spreadsheet where he earmarks money for certain things but it really doesn't make any difference, it's all in the same pot. The only way it would work with us being able to actually see it would be to cash it in for things we no longer are able to do -- GIFT CARDS!! Yeah i know, we could do the business of adding a gift card to the grocery shopping and tell ourselves the miles bought the gift card instead of the food but that doesn't have the same gratification to me :P

That being said, i do tend to let the miles just pile up and then get all pouty when i drain it for anything -- hello you stack of travel vouchers sitting here taunting me -- I like the look of the account when it's bursting at the seams and it's pretty pathetic right now, just over 300.

We use Manulife for our house as well! We do have a chequing and savings account. I use the savings account as my vacation fund.

Mine is bursting right now...over 7000 Cash and over 9000 Dream, DH's is over 3000 Cash and over 4500 Dream. ugh...I just want to spend them all! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter