Airmiles Armchair Chatter

So I had a saga on Wednesday with the double coupon day at Rexall. Went in first thing in the morning, got my $50 in stuff, she rang it in, scanned both coupons, all was well, until she accidentally hit "cash" instead of credit. I didn't have the cash, so she had to refund everything and try again. She puts it all through again, and now they system won't take the airmiles card. Manager says the airmiles system is resetting and it will be up to 20 minutes. At this point I'm late for work., so I tell them forget it and I'll come back later.

After work I go back, get my $50 in stuff, scan the airmiles card and what I thought were both coupons, but as I leave the store, I realize I must have done 1 twice instead of 2. Sigh. So 100AM short, but so fed up with the whole thing at that point I just left.

So then yesterday the miles post, and I now have the miles from the morning for the stuff I never paid for, and the miles from the afternoon. I keep expecting those morning ones to get clawed back, but so far, they are still there! I'm okay either way, but I'll take the extra miles for the stress and hassle if they don't want them back :)

Now I just have to keep earning so I can get some UOR tickets, hoping (like others) that they come out with some reasonably priced tickets, and that they offer the 3 park-3 day tickets.

I am too. Anxiously waiting to see " if and what" special they might come out with. I'm hoping that with Disney and Galaxy Edge, that they will try to entice more people to come visit them as well and give a great deal as motive. We would rather do Universal, with maybe one or two disney days thrown in. I have everything else priced out using our different cc reward perks lol. I guess time will tell

Hopefully UOR will have a 3 parks, 2 day + 2 days free promo again!

Blue Friday - doing that tonight! I have to take another look at the flyer and the groceries I actually need. Lawton's Drugs has an offer on this weekend too - $100 Lawton's gift card, get 50 miles. Not the best, but I shop there regularly for groceries too. And I can use it for my weekly bus tickets.

Sobey's: $100.31 before taxes and earned 565 miles.

The Tostitos 3 for $7.98 and 30 air miles deal? I bought 2 bags of chips and 4 jars of salsa. With the coupon I posted earlier I ended up paying 3 for $3.48 and getting the 30 miles. So I did it twice. We use a lot of the tostitos salsa. Worked out to $1.16 each bag of chips and salsa. I can't beat that!

Ohh, and $19.74 on my husband's card and 100 miles.

Now I have to visit Loblaws.

Oh. LOL. Of course. I'm about ready to give up on Air Miles posting them. We leave in 7 weeks. I had to ask for a quote. As soon as the 100 miles I put on my husband's card today post, I think I'll order them thru the Personal Shopper program. They already gave me a quote.

The Tostitos 3 for $7.98 and 30 air miles deal? I bought 2 bags of chips and 4 jars of salsa. With the coupon I posted earlier I ended up paying 3 for $3.48 and getting the 30 miles. So I did it twice. We use a lot of the tostitos salsa. Worked out to $1.16 each bag of chips and salsa. I can't beat that!
What coupon did you use?

Just back from Blue Friday...I wasn't sure what I was going to buy or what would be left at lunch time. I spent 111.44 and got 431 AM. I'll take that. No ice cream as we don't seem to eat ice cream...but any ice cream treats, those are gone before I can blink my eyes. Cereal, chips and tacos for the boys for lunches during the week...and cleaning supplies and dishwasher tabs for mom.

Hopefully UOR will have a 3 parks, 2 day + 2 days free promo again!

Blue Friday - doing that tonight! I have to take another look at the flyer and the groceries I actually need. Lawton's Drugs has an offer on this weekend too - $100 Lawton's gift card, get 50 miles. Not the best, but I shop there regularly for groceries too. And I can use it for my weekly bus tickets.

I should let you know too, that Lawtons gift cards can be used at Sobeys! Because they are owned by the same company, you can buy the Orange Lawtons card and get your air miles (fine print says maximum 2 per AM card btw) and then spend the gift card at Lawtons OR Sobeys!

Thanks! I can't get it to work for me, it's greyed out :(. Oh well!

Hmm.. I'm trying to scan one to see if I can post it as a JPG for you. I'm not sure how well it will work but I'll give it a try.

Now the Cashier thought it was excluding all salsa because of the way it's worded. I asked him to call up a Manager or someone because I read it as any flavour of tostitos tortilla chips AND salsa EXCEPT the "Simply" Tostitos chips and sauce. The lady who came up said I was right so the Cashier applied one coupon per bag of chips and salsa jar.

tostitos.jpg

If you are still doing blue Friday, the General Mills Cheerios are also in an instore promo "buy 3 get free item", the cost of the free item counts toward the $100 spend. I got Liberte skyr but there are about 10 items on the list. I don't have the details with me but you might want to check in your store. I'm in Ontario.

If you are still doing blue Friday, the General Mills Cheerios are also in an instore promo "buy 3 get free item", the cost of the free item counts toward the $100 spend. I got Liberte skyr but there are about 10 items on the list. I don't have the details with me but you might want to check in your store. I'm in Ontario.

Ohh that explains that! I asked the Cashier why one rang in free but he didn't know.

I should let you know too, that Lawtons gift cards can be used at Sobeys! Because they are owned by the same company, you can buy the Orange Lawtons card and get your air miles (fine print says maximum 2 per AM card btw) and then spend the gift card at Lawtons OR Sobeys!

Are you sure about that? I tried that before and it was a no-go. You can use Sobeys at Lawton's though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter