Airmiles Armchair Chatter

This is the problem my daughter is running into. She can get a direct flight from YYC to MCO in February, but coming back AM wants to send her through Winnipeg. When I tried to just do a one way flight, the direct from YYC to MCO doesn't come up. It's been over seven years since I've booked a flight on AM - do you know if AM changes/adds flights, or is this it?

From what I've seen, in my obsession with flights to/from Ottawa, AM adds and takes flights away all the time. Just keep trying and looking, if you have time. I booked too quickly for my fall flights to Orlando. Got direct going down and only saw flights through Toronto or Montreal coming home (booking one way). No sooner had I booked and direct flight home opened up. That being said they can also put flights out there and once they're gone you won't see them again. It's becoming a game of Russian roulette.

Thank-you to my little"AngelDisney" who kindly sent me a few Costa coffee vouchers. My sons loves them and I appreciate your kindness.
Hugs to you
Mel

Thank-you to my little"AngelDisney" who kindly sent me a few Costa coffee vouchers. My sons loves them and I appreciate your kindness.
Hugs to you
Mel
My pleasure dear Mel!
Don't forget you can still get 10 AM each using the cards.

Hello and Welcome

Walt Disney World Orlando Florida
5 and 7 day passes canadian resident tickets
adult 5 day---2950 7 day----3250
child 5 day---2650 7 day--- 3150

I am currently saving for a few Universal Studios Park passes.
2 day Park to Park pass is 2425 airmiles.

go to Dream rewards--go to Fun attractions USA
Legoland
Seaworld
Busch Gardens
Disneyland

I also collect cash airmiles to get Starbucks gift cards online,
all 4 parks in Disney World and in Downtown Disney Springs have a Starbucks.
95 airmiles =$10.00 starbucks gift card.

Hugs Mel
Thank so much! I already bought can tickets for next year (first trip-yay) but will be saving for future trips now.

New to air miles. If I read correctly, you can buy park tickets with AM? How many does it take for a ticket?
First things first :welcome: to the hunt, so glad you found us! I hope you pick up some great tips from this little community to make your miles grow quickly. We try to report when we see offers appear in flyers, share links for coupons and then post recaps of our escapades so others can get an idea of what is possible. Something as simple as a heads up about an upcoming big bonus can spark your quest. Hubby and I had never bothered taking what amounts to almost 90 minutes in the car to hit up a Sobeys until a very similar frozen treat bonus to what is coming this weekend was shared. That trip alone we scored over 300 AM and spent less than $60.00 We now head over there whenever a big bonus pops up:rolleyes1

Regarding the Disney tickets, as soon as you get enough miles to cash in for one ticket, jump on it and order it ASAP. They will eventually run out of their stock of the CDN discounted tickets and you can bet that when they replenish their stock the number of miles needed to redeem will skyrocket. Don't wait until you have enough miles to order the total tickets you might want!!!

Good luck, have fun and report back with your successes (and failures those help us all out too) Make sure to check out the first post for some extra tips.

My haul at Sobeys yesterday: spent $26.51, got one Air Mile. :rotfl: Air Miles collector FAIL.

Granted, I wasn't trying. I just needed a few things, and Sobeys was on the way home. Still, it's pretty bad when I can't find anything worthwhile - I did keep an eye on the tags, but did not find anything tempting. Well, except for the soup, but of course that was out of stock.

Anyway, amongst all the reports of "I spent x and got 3x miles", I found my little trip yesterday amusing, in a pathetic sort of way.

My haul at Sobeys yesterday: spent $26.51, got one Air Mile. :rotfl: Air Miles collector FAIL.

Granted, I wasn't trying. I just needed a few things, and Sobeys was on the way home. Still, it's pretty bad when I can't find anything worthwhile - I did keep an eye on the tags, but did not find anything tempting. Well, except for the soup, but of course that was out of stock.

Anyway, amongst all the reports of "I spent x and got 3x miles", I found my little trip yesterday amusing, in a pathetic sort of way.
I went to Sobey's yesterday for ice cream and a few things and couldn't find my airmiles card. Spent $20.. NO miles. So I'm actually jealous of your 1 mile:p

Sounds like our regular weekly shopping trips to Metro. They are running around 7-ish per trip .. you know, where we spend close to $80 and that is basically our targeted offers. The on-the-shelf offers there are PATHETIC and it's not very often that their flyer offers apply to us.

*** I just did my other Rexall survey and the coupon was STILL dated July 11th <sigh> I'll keep my eyes peeled for a link online somewhere and give a heads up when i find it!

Rexall shopping trip while waiting on hubby's GO train....
  • Sale # 1 Spent $40.06 (closest i've been in a long time :P ) and snagged 126 AM by using the Spend $40.00 get 60 AM coupon and several load n go
  • Sale #2 Spent $46.43 and snagged 154 AM by using the coupon and buying $30.00 worth of vitamins --worth 30 AM and a loadngo for the vitamins
Total spent $86.49 and snagged 278 AM :dogdance:

I filled out the survey with the hope it would generate the next $5.00 coupon and the silly thing was still dated for the 11th --- you know, TODAY! I'll hold off and do the 2nd survey code tomorrow

Just did the Rexall survey and the generated coupon has now expired, hopefully there is a new one soon.

Sounds like our regular weekly shopping trips to Metro. They are running around 7-ish per trip .. you know, where we spend close to $80 and that is basically our targeted offers. The on-the-shelf offers there are PATHETIC and it's not very often that their flyer offers apply to us.

*** I just did my other Rexall survey and the coupon was STILL dated July 11th <sigh> I'll keep my eyes peeled for a link online somewhere and give a heads up when i find it!
I'm in Guelph for the next four days to watch my nephew. I was kind of excited to check out Metro. I think I'll just leave Dh a list for Sobey's and skip it.

I'm in Guelph for the next four days to watch my nephew. I was kind of excited to check out Metro. I think I'll just leave Dh a list for Sobey's and skip it.
If you need any suggestions for places to eat, things to do & see, let me know :D

I'll be hitting up Metro tomorrow more than likely for some cheese bread, I'll do a glance at the shelves to see if there's anything of note :thumbsup2

I went to Sobey's yesterday for ice cream and a few things and couldn't find my airmiles card. Spent $20.. NO miles. So I'm actually jealous of your 1 mile:p

Here's a suggestion for all of us AM ****. Order an extra card and stash it away in a safe pocket in your purse/wallet for just such an emergency.:D I've usually got my DH card with me as well so while the points wouldn't go into my account they stay within the family.

This is good to know.
I'm curious, anyone have their AM card# memorized? Yup, I do:wave:. I order thru airmilesshops.ca ALOT so after a while, I key it in without thinking, lol.

I do. I have a terrible memory but can remember this. It actually baffles cashiers that I can spew off this sequence of 11 numbers as if it was my phone number.

You can also download the app and have your card on your phone if you can't remember the number. :)

If you have the airmiles app, you can always show the digital card (available when clicking on the little card symbol at the top right on iPhone). You can also use a digital wallet like UGO wallet to store card numbers.

Here's a suggestion for all of us AM ****. Order an extra card and stash it away in a safe pocket in your purse/wallet for just such an emergency.:D I've usually got my DH card with me as well so while the points wouldn't go into my account they stay within the family.
Or if your Oynx for more than 1 year, you get new cards each year. |Dont throw out the old ones, they still work even with the expiry date. Its the same number.

I have mine memorized, and it's in the AM app, as well as my sobeys, metro and rexall apps... but I still panic if it's not where it's supposed to be in my purse!

Sobeys looks kind of awesome this week, there are a tonne of AM offers, though I'm not sure how many of them are worth it. We will be stocking up on ice cream treats :) Buy 4 get 100 AM, cheapest are 3.99 each. Given my son eats at least one popsicle or other frozen treat a day, they won't last as long as I'd like! I may get a few for me too :)

Rexall has a beauty offer, I think it's spend $50 get 100 AM? Metro looks a bust.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter