Airmiles Armchair Chatter

DH was has been in Toronto the last 3 days for work training. He just texted me that he booked a room in Kingston because he’s too tired to drive all the way to Mtl. The first thing I did was to check was grocery store is available close by (Sobeys, Foodland or Metro) and texted him screenshots of my Metro targeted offers and the AM promotions in the flyer so he can go before leaving tomorrow. Luckily he’s very cooperative with my AM hunting and doesn’t mind making short detours for the cause.

DH was has been in Toronto the last 3 days for work training. He just texted me that he booked a room in Kingston because he’s too tired to drive all the way to Mtl. The first thing I did was to check was grocery store is available close by (Sobeys, Foodland or Metro) and texted him screenshots of my Metro targeted offers and the AM promotions in the flyer so he can go before leaving tomorrow. Luckily he’s very cooperative with my AM hunting and doesn’t mind making short detours for the cause.
No Sobeys, closest Foodland is Amherstview but there are 2 Metro's.

Did he book using Airmiles Travel Hub?

No Sobeys, closest Foodland is Amherstview but there are 2 Metro's.

That’s what I saw on Google Maps. I will let him choose which Metro he wants to go to.

Did he book using Airmiles Travel Hub?

Unfortunately he has to use his work TA portal since they pay. But he usually ‘forgets’ to use his work Amex and use one of of our AM credit card.

Got an email that if I fill up (25L plus) at Shell 4 times in April I can get 100 AM! Which is awesome except we are going away and I am not sure we'll be able to do it lol. They seem to know when I'm planning to travel and offer these types of deals (happened to me in December too). It's specific to my AM number so you may have a different offer?

I just checked DH's account and saw a bonus 200 miles dated March 28! I was trying to rack my brain if there was some old promo I had been waiting on.
It just says "Air Miles Bonus"...I have to be honest, I have NO IDEA what these are from LOL

Anyone else have this?

I just checked DH's account and saw a bonus 200 miles dated March 28! I was trying to rack my brain if there was some old promo I had been waiting on.
It just says "Air Miles Bonus"...I have to be honest, I have NO IDEA what these are from LOL

Anyone else have this?

I got 600

Got an email that if I fill up (25L plus) at Shell 4 times in April I can get 100 AM! Which is awesome except we are going away and I am not sure we'll be able to do it lol. They seem to know when I'm planning to travel and offer these types of deals (happened to me in December too). It's specific to my AM number so you may have a different offer?

Thank you for noticing, I have personal offer of 3 fill-ups get 100am for April.

Oh wait. I seem to recall people getting an offer for various amounts of miles if you spend X at X partner within a certain period of time...Does this ring a bell? Hopefully Donald will chime in on this!
I do recall something like that but I'm not currently at my desk with my notes -- I'll dig a bit deeper tomorrow and see if i can figure it out. There's nothing on my account today other than 3 lonely miles from HBC.

Hit up Metro after dinner tonight and walked away with a massive haul!

• Quaker granola bars : 3/$7 buy 2 get 15 AM .. bought 6 for $14 and snagged 45 AM
  • Rice crackers : 4/$7 buy 4 get 10 AM
  • Chocolate bars:2/$4 buy 2 get 4 AM ... bought 6 (don't judge :P ) 12 AM
  • Paper towels : $5.99 buy 2 get 15 AM
  • a bunch of targeted offers as well
Total pre-tax: $92.90 and snagged a whopping 95 AM ! Not as good as Blue Fridays but for a semi-normal Metro week, not shabby. Unfortunately we didn't buy a lot of "real" food :rolleyes1

I do recall something like that but I'm not currently at my desk with my notes -- I'll dig a bit deeper tomorrow and see if i can figure it out. There's nothing on my account today other than 3 lonely miles from HBC.

Hit up Metro after dinner tonight and walked away with a massive haul!

• Quaker granola bars : 3/$7 buy 2 get 15 AM .. bought 6 for $14 and snagged 45 AM
  • Rice crackers : 4/$7 buy 4 get 10 AM
  • Chocolate bars:2/$4 buy 2 get 4 AM ... bought 6 (don't judge :P ) 12 AM
  • Paper towels : $5.99 buy 2 get 15 AM
  • a bunch of targeted offers as well
Total pre-tax: $92.90 and snagged a whopping 95 AM ! Not as good as Blue Fridays but for a semi-normal Metro week, not shabby. Unfortunately we didn't buy a lot of "real" food :rolleyes1
Bought 6 granola bars at 3/$7 yesterday without airmiles. Missed the Quaker ones on the preview flyer. Need to pay more attention next time. May get 6 more Quaker ones for the AM. My cricket team of 9 can consume these in a second. These are my means to boost their energy level after school before a game. We have at least 6 games. Maybe I should buy more!

I got a similar offer in January. Five times for 150 AM. So easy with our two vehicles.

Today I got an email for spend minimum $5 in store three times, get 50 AM. Not bad, but I usually pay at the pump and don't make in store purchases, lol.

I wonder if the attendant will ring in my $5 purchases separately three times on the one visit?

I got a similar offer in January. Five times for 150 AM. So easy with our two vehicles.

Today I got an email for spend minimum $5 in store three times, get 50 AM. Not bad, but I usually pay at the pump and don't make in store purchases, lol.

I wonder if the attendant will ring in my $5 purchases separately three times on the one visit?
It’s worth a try. When I bought two Costa coffee at once, I asked the cashier to ring them separately and it’s done as requested.

Doing some list making! Anyone do IGA west? Saw in the flyer 20x the miles on tuesday. I never shop there but theres one right beside my son's school. It says in the flyer to see back for details so i kept scrolling through and couldnt find anything. Could also be that i missed it due to my insane sleep deprivation. Is it automatic or is there a coupon? Would love to stack iga MM coupon for my last offer on DH's card. Contemplating offering to pick up our son so DH can work some overtime if I can stack these offers.

I finally got my PC points back, plus an additional 70K. Kind of burns me that you have to get ugly with people to get this type of stuff taken care of. Anyway, they are trying to tell me that the thief has my email and passwords from some other online source. I'm not really buying that excuse but what ever. They have restored my points but frozen my account until I call them and confirm that my password has been changed on my PC and personal email. I already changed the password like a month ago when they first told me to. I also had to get a new card which I did last night. I still have to link the new card though. When I got the new card I chatted with the cashier that gave it to me and asked her if she had heard any stories of point thefts. She said she had not but had been made aware that there were several people coming to customer service and complaining about it.

It occurred to me that if they are giving everyone the points back plus a bonus this is going to cost them a pretty penny. Coupe that with the increases to minimum wage and Galen Weston will have to take a pay cut. :rotfl2:

I finally got my PC points back, plus an additional 70K. Kind of burns me that you have to get ugly with people to get this type of stuff taken care of. Anyway, they are trying to tell me that the thief has my email and passwords from some other online source. I'm not really buying that excuse but what ever. They have restored my points but frozen my account until I call them and confirm that my password has been changed on my PC and personal email. I already changed the password like a month ago when they first told me to. I also had to get a new card which I did last night. I still have to link the new card though. When I got the new card I chatted with the cashier that gave it to me and asked her if she had heard any stories of point thefts. She said she had not but had been made aware that there were several people coming to customer service and complaining about it.

It occurred to me that if they are giving everyone the points back plus a bonus this is going to cost them a pretty penny. Coupe that with the increases to minimum wage and Galen Weston will have to take a pay cut. :rotfl2:

Glad to hear that you got your points back as well as some goodwill points...I, myself, am cashing my points in when I reach $20-$30. I am not going to let them accumulate like I used to...though I will miss getting $100 of groceries for nothing. I have read that there have been numerous reports of stolen PC points and the points seem to have been redeemed in Quebec...I too do not buy their excuse, they are just trying to cover their butts. I think that when we want to redeem our points, we should have to enter a pin or something on the keypad to confirm the redemption.

Again there is a snowstorm and AGAIN this Friday is the 100:100 AM day at Safeway... oh fun... at least DH is here to watch DD while she bounces around like Tigger on spring break...
I color-coded my list according to the $100 so I should be able to make this work for me if I buy Round One, then go back and buy Round Two. I will hand over the MM coupon as well but if it doesn't stack, so be it. I'll be happy anyhow. And the snow is supposed to stop in a few hours according to radar maps! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter