Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I'm pretty sure there are some Toronto hunters in the group, i know it's been talked about in the StB & MM threads but I've searched and can't pin down who it is .... I'm looking for a Rexall that won't be bothered by me trying to a) Max my miles/$$ b) use coupons (MM, product & the survey $5.00). I've decided to celebrate my last butt-crack-of-dawn trip with an extended stay in the city and I want to give one more kick at the MM offer while it's still valid. I'll be in the downtown core and willing to hit up any that are easily accessible either on foot from the Bathurst/College area right down to the waterfront or a short transit trip. I'm *somewhat* comfortable with the maze AKA The PATH. There are a few that I KNOW hate the AM system and I'm hoping to find one or 2 that won't get bent out of shape with a Duck on a mission :P

I used my MM coupon at the Rexall in First Canadian Place (PATH). To be honest, I've never used any of my $5 survey coupons before. So not sure how they handle that.

The store is one of the largest in the area and has a good selection, but it's not open on the weekends. It does get quite busy during the hours of 11:30-1:30 for the lunch hour crowds. If you avoid going then, you should get some peace and quiet as you try to maximize your miles...good luck!!

Question for the experts: I loaded the Safeway spend $60 MM offer to my card with the AM app, is there any way to unload it? I’m concerned that if I get to Blue Friday on Friday, the spend $100 get 100 AM will not work as the spend thresholds are not stackable. Any thoughts?

Question for the experts: I loaded the Safeway spend $60 MM offer to my card with the AM app, is there any way to unload it? I’m concerned that if I get to Blue Friday on Friday, the spend $100 get 100 AM will not work as the spend thresholds are not stackable. Any thoughts?

I don't know about Safeway specifically but check your app to see if there's a barcode symbol next to the offer on the AM app. If it does, it means you need a coupon to get it (can be scanned from the app). It was the case for all my MM offers showing on the app.

Just back from Sobeys (Barrhaven for those in Ottawa). Not a great selection of cold treats with Airmiles as they get their frozen shipment and get it out on the shelf Thursday night/(overnight?). I went today hoping for good selection. May have to go back tomorrow.

Did anyone receive a Rexall email coupon offer this week? I haven't gotten one, and I don't recall seeing a link on the board... :confused3

And just like that, as soon as I posted and checked my email again, there's an instore spend $30, get $10 offer for Fri-Sun. Looks like I'll wait until next week for my Rexall run.

Did anyone receive a Rexall email coupon offer this week? I haven't gotten one, and I don't recall seeing a link on the board... :confused3
Nope, no coupon this week and yup, if there is one i stick it in the first post. I was hoping to get one as well so I could combine it with the mm coupon that's done tomorrow.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me how many miles you needed to redeem for a 7 day adult disneyworld park pass with the Canadian discount? I'm really hoping for something similar this year. After megamiles I'll be at 2000miles on each card (mine & hubby's). I'm trying to figure out how much more I'll need, even if it's a rough guesstimate.

Can someone tell me how many miles you needed to redeem for a 7 day adult disneyworld park pass with the Canadian discount? I'm really hoping for something similar this year. After megamiles I'll be at 2000miles on each card (mine & hubby's). I'm trying to figure out how much more I'll need, even if it's a rough guesstimate.

Currently they are 3790 Am for an adult 7 day pass. Those do expire at the end of 2018 I believe. I know earlier in the thread people were saying that when they entered them into their Disney accounts...they didn't have an expiration on them. I'm not exactly sure where that thread starts...but it's back a few pages.

Currently they are 3790 Am for an adult 7 day pass. Those do expire at the end of 2018 I believe. I know earlier in the thread people were saying that when they entered them into their Disney accounts...they didn't have an expiration on them. I'm not exactly sure where that thread starts...but it's back a few pages.

I'm not seeing those prices. What I'm seeing is that a 5 day adult pass with the Canadian discount is 4000AM, and there is no option for 7 day adult passes. I wonder if they are showing different people different options?

storm-trooper-walt-disney.jpg

Walt Disney World Resort Florida 5-Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket - Canadian Residents Offer - Adult

Canadian Residents, save miles on a 4-Day or longer Magic Your WayTheme Park Tickets! Use our miles through February 10, 2018 to take advantage of this great offer!

Disney’s Hollywood Studios,
Epcot, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park, Magic Kingdom Park

AIR MILES Item Number: 1331682174
WDW2011EngLogo.jpg

• 4,000 reward miles

I agree to the Terms and Conditions

QTY

Opps,,,my bad...that was a child pass :o :rolleyes1 There is only one adult for 5 days showing for me. Geeze!!!!! I think I need a nap or to warm up. This long winter is making me crazy :o:flower:

I redeemed two 7 day adult disneyworld Canadian discounted park passes in January and they were 4500AM each.

7 day regular am tickets Sept 2017 were 5200. Disney has increased prices since then and has announced upcoming tiered multiday ticket prices based on park dates. It is very hard to predict what will happen next.

Just back from Sobeys (Barrhaven for those in Ottawa). Not a great selection of cold treats with Airmiles as they get their frozen shipment and get it out on the shelf Thursday night/(overnight?). I went today hoping for good selection. May have to go back tomorrow.

I was at Barrhaven at 6:30pm today and it looked like they have tons of everything. Head back tonight if you have free time :)

Try the Rexall on 481 Bloor Street West if you are willing to stretch the distance a bit. It allowed me to use the store specific grand opening coupon plus Airmiles Rexall coupon and the survey coupon. Then I also got my load n go AM. But this is about a year ago. I am not sure if there is any change in policy though.

I used my MM coupon at the Rexall in First Canadian Place (PATH). To be honest, I've never used any of my $5 survey coupons before. So not sure how they handle that.

The store is one of the largest in the area and has a good selection, but it's not open on the weekends. It does get quite busy during the hours of 11:30-1:30 for the lunch hour crowds. If you avoid going then, you should get some peace and quiet as you try to maximize your miles...good luck!!
Since the weather was nice enough to walk a bit today i struck out towards Linen Chest (it's a store thru the online portal and they have pillows but i want to try before i order!) -- on Richmond west of University and i walked right past a Rexall on the corner of Queen & University --- OMG -- so nice, big, bright and incredible stock, they even have sushi in a cooler at the front of the store :eek:. The staff was super friendly and more than willing to help me out, finding Easter chocolates that were on deep discount sale to get me to just the right spot in the sale to let me use the MM coupon AND the $5.00 survey coupon. I ended up spending just a tad over $45 once that was applied. I also used one of the LnG offer because the super sweet guy who was at the till took me to the travel section to point out small Aveeno cream .. cost $5.49 and netted me 10 AM
Total spend $45.14 & snagged 82 AM .. not good compared to what i used to do at Rexall but i got things i needed that were on sale and had bonus miles.

I'm not seeing those prices. What I'm seeing is that a 5 day adult pass with the Canadian discount is 4000AM, and there is no option for 7 day adult passes. I wonder if they are showing different people different options?

What we'll be seeing for a bit of time now will be minimal stock of the Disney tickets. AM will want to clear out the stock they currently have before they buy more from Disney since they have an expiry date attached to them. Until someone tries to use them after the end of this year we won't know how that will play out! So, while it says in the description that you can get both 5 & 7 day passes they have obviously run out of the 7 day so only the 5 day ones are showing up if you try to redeem.

I agree with @Days In the Sun , the fact that Disney is introducing tiered tickets things will get complicated and once those appear on the AM site they will be mighty pricey. I imagine AM will only get in the ones that will be good for ALL time periods meaning the most expensive version.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter