Airmiles Armchair Chatter

O/T
Vent
Ok I know you have a million and one things to do and you are distracted but for the love of God you are in control of a vehicle that has the power to kill someone.
Today at Home Depot a man out of nowhere (speeding) made a left hand turn in front of the garden center while watching the other way.
He hit my orange cart and sent it flying in the air with all my garden plants. Two more feet and it would have hit me. The flying cart almost hit another couple.
He did stop and apologised for not looking before turning and offered to pay to replace the plants and flowers. I was just so shook up I wanted to get home.

Oh my gosh, that is so scary! I'm glad you are all right bababear. I hope you are feeling much better today.

Has anyone been scanning airmiles through Samsung pay 3 times a week to get 25 miles?

If so, have you had any recent postings from Samsung? I got 2 postings middle of April and nothing since.

I'm wondering if I use the shortcut to Samsung pay on my lock screen is not counting, as opposed to opening the phone and going into the Samsung pay app.

Have 50 AM showing up from BMO. I assume this is from a month or two back when I had to use my BMO card for a certain dollar amount to get 50 AM. But then it could be the bonus boom coupon. Though I would have expected that one to say Bonus Boom or something... what to cross off the list... any one else get these?

Have 50 AM showing up from BMO. I assume this is from a month or two back when I had to use my BMO card for a certain dollar amount to get 50 AM. But then it could be the bonus boom coupon. Though I would have expected that one to say Bonus Boom or something... what to cross off the list... any one else get these?
I received them, not sure what for either. Still waiting on the spend $60 get 100 Bmo offered for Sobeys.

Pretty sure the 50 AM from BMO is for Bonus Boom. DH and I both did that one and we have both received 50AM overnight. The other spend at Sobeys and Shell were offers that only I received I got 10AM for one should have been 50AM and haven't seen anything for the May offer yet (same spend at Sobeys and Shell).

Last edited:
I’m liking the new format, easier to read on my iPhone while commuting (like right now). Everything looks more sharp and brighter (yes I already wear glasses, lol).

DS23 is planning on going to Toronto at the end of June for a few days. I had originally told him I would pay for his flight with miles (gasp!) as I figured it would only be 1500 or so. Well, their flights are only $260 TAXES IN return from Halifax! So cheap. He would still have to pay the taxes of $146.99, so my portion is 1870 miles on $114! That is NOT a good return on the miles.
I think I might just give him the $114 and keep my miles...thoughts?

I was hoping it was my BMO offer for shopping at Sobeys in April, I had spend $100 on my BMO at Sobeys (cumulative over April, had to activate) and get 50 AM. I didn't want to have to chase that one down and thought it was too quick for the bonus boom offer. I guess I'll have to figure this out so I know which offer to chase down.

DS23 is planning on going to Toronto at the end of June for a few days. I had originally told him I would pay for his flight with miles (gasp!) as I figured it would only be 1500 or so. Well, their flights are only $260 TAXES IN return from Halifax! So cheap. He would still have to pay the taxes of $146.99, so my portion is 1870 miles on $114! That is NOT a good return on the miles.
Definitely don't use your miles on that one. Your 1870 miles are worth a lot more than $114. I am constantly doing the 95/$10 conversion when trying to decide if I should use miles or not. Great deal on the flight by the way.

I would keep the miles and just give pay the difference. Sometimes I shake my head at the amount of miles. I had a similar situation when I was going to use my AM for a flight for my mom so she could come here for DD wedding shower ( i didn't want her to miss that ) So I paid cash for her trip and told her Happy Mother's and Birthday!!! lol She was a happy camper with that

Has anyone been scanning airmiles through Samsung pay 3 times a week to get 25 miles?

If so, have you had any recent postings from Samsung? I got 2 postings middle of April and nothing since.

I'm wondering if I use the shortcut to Samsung pay on my lock screen is not counting, as opposed to opening the phone and going into the Samsung pay app.
I can't provide an answer but i find that quoting a post sometimes has others notice it again. I have tried repeatedly to get Samsung Pay to work on my phone with zero luck. It worked fine until i decided to add a second fingerprint when i was baking one day and the one i was using was a tad greasy. The next time i opened the app it just hung, spinning and spinning and spinning wanting me to either use my fingerprint or use a PIN. Very frustrating and Samsung has been zero help, suggesting I reset my phone to factory settings even though they're not sure that would help.

SO GANG, anyone have an answer to this question?

Yes I've had the same issue. May times got my 25 miles and then after April 20th nothing! I got a new phone and I've been using Samsung pay from the lock screen too so now I'm kinda worried. I'm going back to the old fashioned way for this week so fingers crossed.

I received them too (Boom boom is the only BMO airmiles I'm waiting on).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter