Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Just want to say again how much i love using my "free" Airmiles merchandise! Thanks for helping me earn these great "gifts to ME" Spent the afternoon with Max the Mighty Mixer getting a batch of chocolate chip cookies into the freezer. Went from 7 lbs of dough
to 13 dozen cookies that are now in the freezer waiting to be baked!

Just back from Lawton's Drugs to jump on a double dip. Spend $35 in Our Compliments products, get 95 miles and spend $20, get 25 miles. I haven't been as diligent with my air miles collecting so this was very much needed for the account! At Sobeys, I also jumped on buy 6 YOP smoothies, get 40 miles ($7.50), which I will probably do again tomorrow before the new flyer comes out Thursday.

On a sad note, DH's company just told them they couldn't use Shell anymore for their gas! WHAT?! Ugh. I guess it's back to Irving for him, but Shell has so many better offers. At least Shell's are on 25L fill ups, which I can do. Irving is usually 35L, which my car would need to have zero gas in it to do.

Yes I've had the same issue. May times got my 25 miles and then after April 20th nothing! I got a new phone and I've been using Samsung pay from the lock screen too so now I'm kinda worried. I'm going back to the old fashioned way for this week so fingers crossed.

I think it's a good sign that I haven't seen anyone else have posted Samsung miles since April. Hopefully they'll dump all at once soon. With the total of 50 miles a week for next couple weeks I should have a good 250 - 300 miles due just for using Samsung pay to swipe airmiles card.

Yes and it was down yesterday and I wasn't able to complain about my visit to Shell. I went to my local Shell station to purchase lottery tickets with my air miles cash miles. I had $60 worth of tickets rung through the cash and when I went to pay I said I wanted to use my airmiles and the cashier scanned my card and then said oh the system isn't working so would you like to pay for it cash. I went nope and left the store. Have no idea what happens to the tickets that he had already scanned out of their system. Not my problem as I didn't have the $60 cash to pay for the tickets. I save up my cash miles to treat my friends to gifts at my yearly Car Race party.

juniorbugman said:
I have done it recently and I will be trying it again this week to double check. Maybe it was the rainy weather we had yesterday that made their system crash. I had checked the Shell website before I left and it just said it was a maximum of $60 per transactions up to 5 per day. This is from the Shell airmiles site - get $10 off at the pump or instore (excluding tobacco, gift cards and phone cards) for every 95 AIR MILES Cash Miles redeemed. You can use AIR MILES Cash Miles in $10 increments up to $60 per transaction. Maximum 5 transactions up to $300 per day at Shell or $750 per day across all AIR MILES partners.
I was looking at the same info you shared but thought this wording might have covered the lottery ticket problem
(excluding tobacco products, Shell Gift Cards, partner/third-party gift cards, prepaid credit cards, phone cards and any other goods or services specified from time to time or as excluded by law).

But if you've used them for lottery before, my mistake!

So I am happy to report that you can still cash in air miles at Shell to purchase lottery tickets. I went back today and was able to cash in $20 in lottery and that was all that I had purchased so maybe they did have some glitch on Saturday. And the better part of it was I bought 4 scratch tickets and so far 3 of the 4 are winners. Spin spin spin :rotfl::genie:

Mmmmmm Cookies,,,View attachment 403927
Got my heater Table from airmiles for the backyard today!
Oh so toasty.:flower3:
Hugs
Mel
I should have purchased one of those too. With the way "Spring" is shaping up here the heater is the only way to get warm. (I refuse to put the furnace on at the end of May). MIght need it for our summer too.

You guys with all these cookies, I might need to bake a batch tomorrow,

Ben & Jerry's Ice cream at Sobeys--YEAH!!
Blue Friday Sobeys Ontario
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10012/1316342?page=3

Foodland Ontario
Blue Friday
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10016/1316349
Metro Ontario
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10017/1316559
Ice cream
Buy 2 get 15 bonus airmiles
Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream, Magnum or Fruttare Bars or Hellmann's Mayonnaise
$4.99 each

You can add Haagen Dazz to the ice cream at Sobey's list as well! $4.49 buy 2 get 30 AM

OOH and one of our favourite offers at Metro .. the flavoured San Pelligrino $5.44 buy 2 get 25 AM. Kinda expensive but we don't really drink anything other than water so this is a real treat!

Last edited:
I'm thinking that this Blue Friday really stinks. There is very little that I would want. Foodland is slightly more appealing because of the Prime chicken, oatmeal and Tostitos but for me it's a good 30 minute drive to get there. The Brampton store is so small I think it might be really hard to make the $100 for the extra coupon.

@bababear_50 you go to Foodland...do you go to the Vodden store or is there one that I'm not aware of that's closer?

Quick glance at blue Friday Ontario - wish I had more money in the budget this week! I will have to be selective I guess, and not going for the $100 sadly.

I will do Blue Friday at Sobeys $100 spend will be able to do 430AM. I find I am only buying things I know I will use in the next 3-4 weeks. I've still got lots of stock piled goods in the basement to work my way through. I find it difficult to pass up a good deal but I'm not buying things I shouldn't eat (even if they are a great deal). Foodland, I will pick up some Prime chicken.

I will be doing the Metro offer spend $25 get 25 AM on two different cards to pick up a few other things there. With all the shopping my AM accounts should go up by 560AM in total (Sobeys, Foodland, Metro)

Of course it's Blue Friday this week :rolleyes2 The son has graduation exercises starting at 12:00 pm...the dd flies in at 8:20 in the morning, family will be coming by...gotta have everyone ready to leave and get seats by 11:00 or so. lol. And of course there were things I would have bought. Might see if I can swing a quick shop since our Safeway opens at 7:30 now...I'll go before I pick up the DD at the airport...then come home and start wrangling everyone to get ready!!!! Where there is a will, there is a way!!!! lol

Edited to include...I'm going to try to get a Blue Friday shop in...as I've only collected 1500 AM so far this year because I have been super busy, and also...the offers on Blue Friday have been dismal for things we eat...but ICE CREAM!!!! and pasta and some of the sausages and bacon...we will use those in our house for the summer!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter