Airmiles Armchair Chatter

My trip to Rexall went well. Both coupons stacked, 200AMs for $56 spend. My Rexall recently installed some self-checkouts and I don't normally use those out of respect for the workers but there was a line and decided to see if the coupons would work there. It did, scanned them first.

My StB also posted in full which was a nice surprise as my Foodland shop didn't post until the 28th.

My trip to Rexall went well. Both coupons stacked, 200AMs for $56 spend. My Rexall recently installed some self-checkouts and I don't normally use those out of respect for the workers but there was a line and decided to see if the coupons would work there. It did, scanned them first.

My StB also posted in full which was a nice surprise as my Foodland shop didn't post until the 28th.
I'd be interested to know where you shopped that the coupon worked at the self-scan. I tried in Toronto one day and a big message popped up "coupons can't be used at self-scan" and i needed to wait for a supervisor to come over.

I'd be interested to know where you shopped that the coupon worked at the self-scan. I tried in Toronto one day and a big message popped up "coupons can't be used at self-scan" and i needed to wait for a supervisor to come over.

It was at the Jackson Square store in Hamilton. It just showed up as 2 separate $0 lines stating "SP $50 GT100" for each with the different barcodes. No issues, it just immediately posted when the coupons were scanned. Huh, YMMV I guess.

For the first time every I did a double Rexall shop. Total between 2 transactions was $101.77 pre tax and I earned 404 miles. I also topped up my gas tank and DD was driving on fumes so she filled her’s too....I think that’s around 80 miles.

BTW, had a chat with the Rexall cashier and she’s all gung ho for their new rewards program. I asked her if she knew why they where leaving AM. She said...they lost a ton of money after the expiring miles fiasco. So if that is true (I kind of doubt) they will lose a s*#t ton of money when AM is gone.

Last edited:
Just back. Did 2 orders. I was going to go back tomorrow and do the Beauty day when the cashier prompted me to do another shop today. $25 less in cash outlay same result. I don't know why I didn't think of that myself.

Good day $102bt spend got 404AM plus 2 $10 off coupons to use starting Friday. I'll go in an pick up just over $10 x 2 which make that stuff "free".

That was awesome of the Cashier to prompt you like that.

Just put my kiddo down for a nap so I'm scrolling through the weekly flyer previews...then it hits me that I'm not shopping this week because we'll be in Disney!!

:jumping1:

Ohh lucky! Have a great time!

For the first time every I did a double Rexall shop. Total between 2 transactions was $101.77 pre tax and I earned 404 miles. I also topped up my gas tank and DD was driving on fumes so she filled her’s too....I think that’s around 80 miles.

BTW, had a chat with the Rexall cashier and she’s all gung ho for their new rewards program. I asked her if she knew why they where leaving AM. She said...they lost a ton of money after the expiring miles fiasco. So if that is true (I kind of doubt) they will lose a s*#t ton of money when AM is gone.

Yeah, I'm not sure about that either. The Manager I spoke with at Rexall a couple of weeks ago said the Air Miles program costs them a lot. That I believe.

I did one order, the lady at the cash scanned both but was surprised I had two coupons, she said she'd let the system sort it out, and they both worked, she was quite surprised. I didn't buy that much lol, but I got kiddo some chips and new toothpaste (apparently he only likes watermelon flavour... eww!) and some chocolate bars for me. There were no regular Aero bars! so kiddo has to settle for the chips. And they had a small selection of M&M stuff so I got a shepherd's pie for dinner. I'm surprised the boy lets me eat any of it when I make it, he could eat the whole thing himself. I worry for when he's a teenager.

I don't think I would shop there much if it wasn't for the points, the things I get I could buy elsewhere for less, or more conveniently, but I will take advantage of the airmiles while I can!

Off-topic.. one of the things to hit us out the blue in December is our cat. She was born in September 2010, on the very day we left for our first WDW vacation, and we brought her home the day before Halloween. So she's only just over 9 years old. Not that old for a cat. Before we left in August (Universal trip), she had her yearly exam/shots, etc. Her weight was 11.34 lbs. Come mid-December, my husband kept insisting she lost weight. She needed to regardless, but ok. I brought her into the Vet's and discovered in that 4 month period she lost 2.21 lbs! Way too much too fast.

She ended up being diagnosed with either cancer, liver disease or fatty liver. Medicines were crazy! For 3 weeks it was 1/2 pill morning & night plus a full pill in the afternoon plus a syringe of liquid morning & night. And a 1/4 pill every 3 days to stimulate her appetite.

Every week she gets weighed. Every week she loses. Actually, twice she gained a bit. Last week she gained and for a full week kept eating a can of wet food (for cats who had surgery - easier on her stomach) every 24 hours. I was sure she would have gained weight, but yesterday I discovered she lost the weight gain and more! She's down to 7.98 lbs now. Surprisingly she's still very alert, active, not underweight (for her).

Yesterday she had another appetite stim. pill but refused to eat any of her food all night. Refused all today as well. I couldn't figure it out. She loved this stuff! Then it hit me to try opening a different can. Sure enough, she's been devouring it! I had to stop giving her all she wants as I'm afraid she'll throw it up since her stomach was so empty. Poor cat must have been trying to tell me all day something was wrong with that can and I was too stupid to understand her.

Well, I'm off to cuddle with my cat on the couch for a bit. She's wanted my attention all day and I haven't been able to give it to her until now. I don't know how many more weeks she'll be with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter