Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I am afraid of that for us. Our flight was the morning of March 14 and on March 13 when I tried to cancel AM told me I had to rebook before the flight departure time or I would forfeit my miles/$. And because I booked May 2019, my new dates had to be within a year of that. So I now have flights for May 15, 2020 departure. Not dates I particularly wanted but was not offered any alternative. That was in the first days of mass cancellations. Now it seems there are a bit more options out there but at the time I wasn’t given any. I feel liked we may have been screwed out of our AM and $.
We also have 4 Canadian resident parkhoppers that expire Jan 13, 2021 and so far Disneyland is not extending that. I can’t return them to AM as I wrote our initial on each one as we were a few days from our trip and didn’t expect to have to cancel so last minute.

I am going to suggest you call AM and immediately ask to speak to a supervisor,,this may take some time. OR go social Media!!!
These are unprecedented times and Airmiles needs to help people or their reputation is going to take a BIG hit!
I am crossing my fingers and toes that something can be worked out.
Thinking of you cari
Hugs
Mel

I noticed the same thing but wasn't sure how to bump it without looking self-centred :P

ACTUALLY i did take some interesting pictures while in Metro yesterday. We decided to wait until Monday instead of our usual Sunday shopping to allow them to get stock back onto the shelves and I left hubby in the car while i went into a LOT of stores. I actually had trouble navigating the aisles because of all of the toilet paper they had in stock! There was so much it was literally impossible to maintain proper social distancing in the frozen food aisle and someone was directing traffic. It was at the end of almost every row, in the produce section it was EVERYWHERE 😱

Jacqueline...that is a lot of TP and the sign says that there is a limit of 4...I went to my local Fortinos yesterday and they had TP, not as much as your Metro, but they were limiting it to 1 per family.
There were other packages that had different limits (odd!) something had airmiles and it was only 2, some no-name sandpaper-on-a-roll was also limit of 2.

I mean it wasn't cheap, on sale for $5.99 (i think) but i didn't see ANYONE in the store with any type of tp in their carts but they seemed to be stocking up on paper towels and toilet cleaner! 🤷‍♀️

I mean it wasn't cheap, on sale for $5.99 (i think) but i didn't see ANYONE in the store with any type of tp in their carts but they seemed to be stocking up on paper towels and toilet cleaner! 🤷‍♀️
Must be cleaning the toilets lots and have used up all the toilet cleaner. You know to use up all the TP that they bought. Maybe the kids are having a TP party and fill it up too much. Who knows.

I noticed the same thing but wasn't sure how to bump it without looking self-centred :P

ACTUALLY i did take some interesting pictures while in Metro yesterday. We decided to wait until Monday instead of our usual Sunday shopping to allow them to get stock back onto the shelves and I left hubby in the car while i went into a LOT of stores. I actually had trouble navigating the aisles because of all of the toilet paper they had in stock! There was so much it was literally impossible to maintain proper social distancing in the frozen food aisle and someone was directing traffic. It was at the end of almost every row, in the produce section it was EVERYWHERE 😱
View attachment 483158

View attachment 483159
WOW.....I've been looking for a while now and no one around me has ANY! Now I know why.

I'm on my last package. Maybe I should drive to Guelph. Hmmmm :scratchin ….that would give me something to do too

There were pictures of my Metro with some in stock yesterday on social media, I guess they got their shipment in? I am still ok... have one pack unopened still (just a regular size pack, not Costco lol). I have been dreading the thought of going to the store, keep thinking we have enough food for at least one more day. But man am I tired of cooking! I will need to go get bread, milk and "regular" groceries though. I'd love to have more pasta and rice around, kiddo eats the stuff like candy, but I also don't want to take too much.

There were pictures of my Metro with some in stock yesterday on social media, I guess they got their shipment in? I am still ok... have one pack unopened still (just a regular size pack, not Costco lol). I have been dreading the thought of going to the store, keep thinking we have enough food for at least one more day. But man am I tired of cooking! I will need to go get bread, milk and "regular" groceries though. I'd love to have more pasta and rice around, kiddo eats the stuff like candy, but I also don't want to take too much.

I'm doing the "one more day!" dance too! My pantry is still okay, but we're getting really low on perishables, especially fruits and veggies.

Could you get some of the more instant rice options? I feel like there's a product out there that you just microwave and eat. It's pre-seasoned and everything. Then your kiddo could make his own lunch once and a while and enjoy rice while you get a cooking break?

But man am I tired of cooking! I will need to go get bread, milk and "regular" groceries though. I'd love to have more pasta and rice around, kiddo eats the stuff like candy, but I also don't want to take too much.
Could you get some of the more instant rice options? I feel like there's a product out there that you just microwave and eat. It's pre-seasoned and everything. Then your kiddo could make his own lunch once and a while and enjoy rice while you get a cooking break?

This is the perfect time to cook in batches and freeze portions that can get pulled out to heat up when you're simply too tired of cooking. We've all suddenly lost the ability to say "screw it let's go out" but this lets you say "screw it, defrost something!" Or have cereal for dinner ... whatever appeals to both your palate and your energy levels at the time.

It doesn't take any longer to cook a double batch of a favourite recipe and if you package it up as soon as you're finished the clean up won't take any longer either. Same goes for any baking -- I'll be adding info about that to my kitchen thread later. (i won't be advocating using the recipe i use to make 15 dozen chocolate chip cookies at once though :P )

This is the perfect time to cook in batches and freeze portions that can get pulled out to heat up when you're simply too tired of cooking. We've all suddenly lost the ability to say "screw it let's go out" but this lets you say "screw it, defrost something!" Or have cereal for dinner ... whatever appeals to both your palate and your energy levels at the time.

It doesn't take any longer to cook a double batch of a favourite recipe and if you package it up as soon as you're finished the clean up won't take any longer either. Same goes for any baking -- I'll be adding info about that to my kitchen thread later. (i won't be advocating using the recipe i use to make 15 dozen chocolate chip cookies at once though :P )

Great ideas :)

Funny side story: our current house is too small to fit our freezer! It's a bungalow from the 50s, and the turn down the basement stairs is pretty sharp. When we moved in, we tried a few different ways and the freezer literally wouldn't fit through the door. It lives in the garage now. Who knew, 70 years ago, the kinds of storage we'd need in the future.

I wonder if the flyers will still be delivered tonight. I am sure people are willing to still get paid to do this.
Good question! Our Shoppers had a sign everywhere the flyers normally display that due to COVID-19 there will be no paper flyers available. Not sure why, i didn't bother reading the rest of the sign, i was on a mission to find frozen blueberries!

Dont need flyers, just add to my sadness of not being able to collect or price match....boohoo....I can laugh at it. Sister just dropped off our grocery order. Swapped her for half the turkey I cooked along with potatoes and cauliflower. Fair trade. And now I have room in my freezer after cooking a turkey. win win
But she collected the pcpoints.:headache:

Smartcanucks has a few flyers posted, I haven't really looked yet. It's kind of weird, even if I think "oh hey, that's a good stock up price!" I kind of assume when I get to the store, it won't be in stock any way. So I'm not as excited about flyer day as I once was.

I did buy 3 packs of frozen fruit and frozen veggies last time I was in a store, we still have some of that. I made kiddo eat the fresh stuff first, he LOVES frozen mango. I make the pack last 3 servings, he'd eat it all at once! And only one serving a day. The frozen berries I use in oatmeal/over night oats & smoothies. Though I think he'd eat them too if he knew about them ;)

I'm going to Lawton's tomorrow to pick up some stuff with their $35/75 in Our Compliments products.

I caved the other day and made an online order for Reitmans through the AM shops (2x). All three came to $63 pre-tax:

Lots of deals on right now for online shopping!

Now I’m on the other side of that idea. I HATE cooking at any time but since I don’t have a lot to do right now....cooking is something. Normally we don’t like leftovers either but I’m trying make some so that there is lunch the next day.

DH still has to work but they reduced hours today and now he’s going to be home around 3:15. I’m not mentally prepared to have him under foot that early.:scared:

Good question! Our Shoppers had a sign everywhere the flyers normally display that due to COVID-19 there will be no paper flyers available. Not sure why, i didn't bother reading the rest of the sign, i was on a mission to find frozen blueberries!

lol lol lol....
I'm on a mission to find Tuna,,,we are a pair Jacqueline,,HUGS!
I tried 3 small tsp of roast beef last night,,,instant nausea,,bile,,vomiting.....ahhhhhhhhhh I guess that's what happens when you don't eat red meat in over a year.
Hope you found those blueberries.
Hugs
Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter