Airmiles Armchair Chatter

O/T
off topic
I was wondering if anyone has had to see their doctor during the current situation?
I have a not very serious problem,,,and I really don't want to be bothering doctors however if there is a solution I am overlooking then maybe...
I got a Shingles shot ,,1 of 2 shots spaced over time,,,I still need the second shot before end of April,,Rexall pharmacist gave me the first shot,,but the pharmacist says they are not allowed to give shots right now. I have had Shingles twice in the past and it is not something I ever want to get again.
Any thoughts or assistance,,ideas.
Thanks
Hugs
Mel

I needed my allergy shot so went to dr two weeks ago. I called ahead to make sure it was ok to come. They told me all the procedures they had in place. I felt ok with the precautions so I went. My dr met me at the door with a mask on and one for me and opened ever door for me. I touched nothing and she walked me out as she opened all doors again. Felt safer than at the grocery store

O/T
off topic
I was wondering if anyone has had to see their doctor during the current situation?
I have a not very serious problem,,,and I really don't want to be bothering doctors however if there is a solution I am overlooking then maybe...
I got a Shingles shot ,,1 of 2 shots spaced over time,,,I still need the second shot before end of April,,Rexall pharmacist gave me the first shot,,but the pharmacist says they are not allowed to give shots right now. I have had Shingles twice in the past and it is not something I ever want to get again.
Thanks
Hugs
Mel
I found this information from the CDC. A little background before you call telehealth

CDC Shingrix

O/T
off topic
Thanks
Hugs
Mel
@bababear_50 Hi Mel! You say you need the shot by the end of April. I got my first shot last March, which put the booster at the end of September. We were heading to a month-long Mediterranean cruise. When I queried my nurse who was giving me the shot, she said it was okay to be longer than the 6 months (definitely not earlier). I ended up getting mine in the second week of November, and she was good with that.

Thanks Gang!!!
I was able to go to Rexall and get my prescription from the pharmacist.
The Nurse at my Dr. office met me at the entranceway of our clinic and in 1 minute had shot me in the arm. Kind of like a drive thru shot in the arm.
First time I've ever said thanks for a shot in the arm.
I am so thankful that frontline workers are helping out everywhere and anywhere!
1587404188802.png
Hugs
Mel

just back from my biweekly metro shop and I'm happy with my haul!
they had my milk on sale AND bonus miles attached. Bought 8 (yes EIGHT) 2L cartons of 3% lactose free milk and that should do for the 2 weeks. I'm happy they had enough of the 3% because I'm losing weight again- I'm stupidly rationing my tuna and need the extra calories. That got me 80 miles plus an extra 10 targeted ones. Picked up some liquid egg whites since the yolks are a complete bust! I ended up with hives on my soft palate and down my throat, rather scary 😱
total spent 141, snagged 221 miles!!!

I'm trying white cheddar cheese this week which excites me to no end, I love me some cheese 🧀🧀🧀 and it makes the disgusting egg whites almost palatable. I can also add them to mashies for a quick meal.

@Donald - my hero do you like dijon mustard? When I used to only eat egg whites, I would scramble them and add the dijon for colour and flavour. They were really good and I don't like mustard!
mustard is a straight up no go food for me, as is any seasoning or additives other than salt. Not even table salt since it has crap added to it as well, gotta be the stuff you can grind. I also can't have sulphites anymore and that cuts out a ton of things. It's exhausting and frustrating to be cooking for myself and my hubby. Add in the baking that needs to be done for things I can't eat but still need to be made since hubby can't eat most commercially baked items and I'm stretched pretty thin right now. Each new food I can challenge and pass is a huge cause for celebration but dang it's slow going!!!

Please don't be upset by my comments about this crazy diet @ilovetotravel1977 ! I actually consider myself extremely blessed to be able to carry out this elimination diet and even though it's an extremely challenging and slow process it's exciting. I hope I'm not jinxing things by saying the out-loud (ok, typing it :P )but i haven't had a gastritis attack since late last year and that's HUGE! I'm willing to push thru the boring meals to find out what I can safely eat.

I'm THRILLED that I'm able to continue this during the craziness that COVID-19 has created. I'm so fortunate that hubby still has work to do and while the all the training is on hold -and that represents 45% of the income - he is still busy and keeps getting more work requests. That means I can afford to keep buying the tuna that costs $3 a can, the milk that just cost me $45 & the ridiculous amounts of blueberries I need to eat. I complained about needing to cook 2 meals but that's no different that it has been for several years now because it's not fair for him to miss out and this is how our division of labour has been for as long as i can remember. Besides he SUCKS in the kitchen and I can't program my way out of the house!! All the baking i do is out of love, it's a great stress buster and it is cheaper than buying those things from a bakery.

Do i get frustrated and angry over my dietary limitations? Damn straight I do! Yesterday i even dissolved into an ugly puddle of tears because dang it i wanted some ice cream or a piece of the fresh bread with homemade strawberry jam. My anxiety is thru the roof and frozen blueberries don't carry the same comfort :P But I know it's worth it in the long run so I keep pluggin along.

Oh and a bizarre bonus feature of the self-isolation we've been asked to follow is that I don't need to constantly turn down dinner invites, watch others eat foods i love but can't have and I don't have to explain why I can't eat "just one bite, it tastes good"

So apparently this is happening. I thought some of you with young kids might like this.

https://www.iheartradio.ca/virginra...as-launched-a-free-bedtime-hotline-1.12154072
Your kids can get a sweet good night bedtime message from Mickey and 4 other Disney characters! Just call 1-877-7-MICKEY. It's the classics Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, or Goofy. The catch: It's only happening until April 30th. Hey, anything that will help get your kids to bed is a win! Thanks, Mickey!

Virgin Radio says it works in Canada as well.

Thanks Gang!!!
I was able to go to Rexall and get my prescription from the pharmacist.
The Nurse at my Dr. office met me at the entranceway of our clinic and in 1 minute had shot me in the arm. Kind of like a drive thru shot in the arm.
First time I've ever said thanks for a shot in the arm.
I am so thankful that frontline workers are helping out everywhere and anywhere!
View attachment 489475
Hugs
Mel
drive by shooting

Please don't be upset by my comments about this crazy diet @ilovetotravel1977 ! I actually consider myself extremely blessed to be able to carry out this elimination diet and even though it's an extremely challenging and slow process it's exciting. I hope I'm not jinxing things by saying the out-loud (ok, typing it :P )but i haven't had a gastritis attack since late last year and that's HUGE! I'm willing to push thru the boring meals to find out what I can safely eat.

I'm THRILLED that I'm able to continue this during the craziness that COVID-19 has created. I'm so fortunate that hubby still has work to do and while the all the training is on hold -and that represents 45% of the income - he is still busy and keeps getting more work requests. That means I can afford to keep buying the tuna that costs $3 a can, the milk that just cost me $45 & the ridiculous amounts of blueberries I need to eat. I complained about needing to cook 2 meals but that's no different that it has been for several years now because it's not fair for him to miss out and this is how our division of labour has been for as long as i can remember. Besides he SUCKS in the kitchen and I can't program my way out of the house!! All the baking i do is out of love, it's a great stress buster and it is cheaper than buying those things from a bakery.

Do i get frustrated and angry over my dietary limitations? Damn straight I do! Yesterday i even dissolved into an ugly puddle of tears because dang it i wanted some ice cream or a piece of the fresh bread with homemade strawberry jam. My anxiety is thru the roof and frozen blueberries don't carry the same comfort :P But I know it's worth it in the long run so I keep pluggin along.

Oh and a bizarre bonus feature of the self-isolation we've been asked to follow is that I don't need to constantly turn down dinner invites, watch others eat foods i love but can't have and I don't have to explain why I can't eat "just one bite, it tastes good"
When I was at Costco they had bags and bags of frozen blueberries. I not only thought of you instantly but wondered if you ever needed if I could bring them to your porch. My niece and nephew live in your city and I would happily drive up to see their sweet little smiling faces from a safe distance too. So keep it in mind if you ever can't find them. Lord knows I'm looking for things to do:rotfl::hug:

@Donald - my hero a couple of things.....are you rationing the Tuna because it's hard to get? If so call the grocery manager, explain your situation and ask him/her to order you in a case or two or three.

To your frustration.....if it helps at all many of us are feeling frustrated right now. While it's not food related, I am certainly having some dark/sad days right now. I have had several days lately that I've just started to cry for no specific reason. There are so many things that I want to be doing but can't, places I want to go, I want to see people, I want to go back to work and just hug someone. It made me cry on Sunday thinking that when I do go back to work I might not be allowed to touch someone's hand or give them a hug. Those things mean as much to me as it does to them.....and I didn't realize it before.
AND....I was a Shoppers and saw frozen blueberries, I thought of you. :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter