Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Jacquelines coupon code is the same as the one I received so I don't think it's unique.

It seemed to work today for me.
As stated in the offer above a discount of $0.01 will appear on the receipt in the subtotal area (which it did for me) so I believe it worked for me.
Hugs Mel

Does the coupon discount appear on the printout of the order. I could have sworn I saw it on the page on my screen but when I look at the printout now there's nothing.

As I look at previous orders where I used a coupon it never shows on the printout.

Last edited:

Online I cannot find a place to put in the coupon number for Staples. I see where it says if I have a coupon put it in on the next page so I go there and I cannot find any spot to put it. No wonder I never shop online 😂

Online I cannot find a place to put in the coupon number for Staples. I see where it says if I have a coupon put it in on the next page so I go there and I cannot find any spot to put it. No wonder I never shop online 😂
I'm pretty sure I saw little red printing under the total on the payment page. I clicked on the printing and a box opened up to enter the code.

I hope that doesn't mean mine didn't work. I know I hit apply and it showed up as -.01. I had this same issue in the summer and it worked out. If it doesn't post to AM before the 23rd, I'll just return everything.

Last edited:
Okay so let's say I charge $100 from Sobeys to my card. I normally would get 1/$10 so 10 miles on the charge.

Now it will be 3/$12 so 25 miles on the charge? $100/12x3=25
I'm slow lately with responding to posts, I read them at least 3 times a day but it takes a lot of extra mental energy to put my thoughts into words these days. Here's why we will continue to use our Platinum AMEX card. We get 1 mile/$5 spent on food, including grocery stores & restaurants, and transportation and 1 mile/$10 on anything else.

$100 spent at a grocery store will earn us 1 mile/$5 spent so 20 plus the 1 mile/$20 gives us the extra 5 miles for the same 25 miles, correct? We don't get extra miles for shopping at sponsor stores though ( i *think* this is a MasterCard benefit isn't it?) Don't forget that there won't be any rounding for your $12 spend, won't make a lot of difference on bigger transactions but if you spend only $10 you get no miles, right?

We don't get gas at Shell so if you do get extra miles for using MasterCard at sponsors I guess we're missing out on those ? We go to PetroCan and get the 1/$5 plus extra CAA points AND HBC points so confusing to me!

Main reason we use AMEX as our primary card? We've had that card much longer and just feel more loyal I guess? Plus we've found their customer service to be amazing over those almost <gulp> 40 years!

Congratulations to you & your son TammyLynn.

Well you can not get airmiles at Pizza Pizza , Starbucks or Tim's ,
BUT you can use cash airmiles to buy Starbucks e vouchers and Pizza Pizza e - vouchers.

I bought a bunch of Uber eats e vouchers for my sons at Christmas time.
They liked that because then they choose the food/drink they want.

https://rewards.airmiles.ca/cashrew..._WEIGHT&order_dir=DESCENDING&region_filter=ON
Hugs Mel

Congratulations to you & your son TammyLynn.

Well you can not get airmiles at Pizza Pizza , Starbucks or Tim's ,
BUT you can use cash airmiles to buy Starbucks e vouchers and Pizza Pizza e - vouchers.

I bought a bunch of Uber eats e vouchers for my sons at Christmas time.
They liked that because then they choose the food/drink they want.

https://rewards.airmiles.ca/cashrew..._WEIGHT&order_dir=DESCENDING&region_filter=ON
Hugs Mel
Thanks Mel
We are very happy as they wouldn’t defer him last year and then they changed admission requirements . ( used to have to have 100 hours hands on and he had 600) still a little nervous about what September might look like.
I think I misspoke ..if everyone can let me know when we see purchase gift cards at shell or foodland and get bonuses .. or Pc points .. I wanna start stockpiling when I can..
Thanks guys xo

Thanks Mel
We are very happy as they wouldn’t defer him last year and then they changed admission requirements . ( used to have to have 100 hours hands on and he had 600) still a little nervous about what September might look like.
I think I misspoke ..if everyone can let me know when we see purchase gift cards at shell or foodland and get bonuses .. or Pc points .. I wanna start stockpiling when I can..
Thanks guys xo
I'm fairly sure you can buy Pizza Pizza gift cards at any of those little kiosks in any store because I wanted to stick a Dominos gift card in with a new home card for our son & his wife but at that time you could only get them instore and that wasn't an option at the time ( i ran short of time before we headed to Florida last year and simply forgot!) I bought the card & gift card at Shoppers, stuck them in the envelope and mailed them right then and there, came home and left for the airport!! Not sure about the others but I know i've seen them at Metro so probably at the 2 stores you mentioned.

Congrats to your son and GREAT thinking outside of the box for a "meal plan" mom!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter