Airmiles Armchair Chatter

woah, I placed an Amazon order at 7:30 this morning that won't get delivered to my son and his wife until Sunday and the miles are already in my account! I ordered from The Source after dinner last night, the delivery is set for tomorrow and those miles just popped up as well. Why don't they post this easily during big promos?!

Year end homework time. Go into your Airmiles account. Select to look at transactions for the whole year. Click on the page to highlight all the transactions then right click to print. Print the file to a PDF and store it in a safe Airmiles file.

Most transactions (grocery stores anyway) have posted already and this is a good time to capture the year that was as they will disappear at the stroke of midnight on the 31st.

For those who have used the onyx personal shopper - they say it takes 10 days for them to purchase - but realistically how long did it take? #impatient lol

For those who have used the onyx personal shopper - they say it takes 10 days for them to purchase - but realistically how long did it take? #impatient lol
Probably depends on what you're buying but I sent them a link to a video game I wanted on Amazon and they got right back to me with the number of miles required and once I confirmed I wanted it, only took around 3 or 4 days.

Probably depends on what you're buying but I sent them a link to a video game I wanted on Amazon and they got right back to me with the number of miles required and once I confirmed I wanted it, only took around 3 or 4 days.
Amazing! Thanks for the response :) I sent them a link to something on sale and so I’m hoping they buy quickly before a) it sells out or b) the sale ends! Haha! That’s great about Amazon too- I’m thinking about getting a spin bike on there - so glad they (potentially) can buy things off Amazon.

I closed out 2021's hunting with a banner day!
  1. Stopped at Sobey's to pick up granola bars & crackers. Spent $29.83 got 146 miles
  2. Stopped at Metro to pick up milk, oatmeal & a pizza. Spent $24.97 got 35 miles
  3. Stopped at Shell to squeeze 30.001 L of gas into Frederick and pick up a lottery ticket.(just checked it, phooey didn't win anything) Spent $49.30 and got 56 miles
  4. Used my Samsung pay for the 3 to snag another 50 miles
  5. Placed an order thru Staples for tax software and other stuff just for me. Spent $64.23 and will earn 125 miles (had a coupon to get extra 80 miles)
Total spent $168.33 and snagged 412 miles, not half bad considering that's including Metro AND Online shopping!!

Total miles posted to the main card in 2021 18,583 and I've got close to 2000 outstanding from various
transactions.

Secondary card was slow, rarely used it but B3 netted some decent miles, including the hotel stay on Boxing Day for our quick visit to see the kids - all 5 of us except one of us have 3 jabs- which posted on the 30th. Total posted on that card only 1,110

I closed out 2021's hunting with a banner day!
  1. Stopped at Sobey's to pick up granola bars & crackers. Spent $29.83 got 146 miles
  2. Stopped at Metro to pick up milk, oatmeal & a pizza. Spent $24.97 got 35 miles
  3. Stopped at Shell to squeeze 30.001 L of gas into Frederick and pick up a lottery ticket.(just checked it, phooey didn't win anything) Spent $49.30 and got 56 miles
  4. Used my Samsung pay for the 3 to snag another 50 miles
  5. Placed an order thru Staples for tax software and other stuff just for me. Spent $64.23 and will earn 125 miles (had a coupon to get extra 80 miles)
Total spent $168.33 and snagged 412 miles, not half bad considering that's including Metro AND Online shopping!!

Total miles posted to the main card in 2021 18,583 and I've got close to 2000 outstanding from various
transactions.

Secondary card was slow, rarely used it but B3 netted some decent miles, including the hotel stay on Boxing Day for our quick visit to see the kids - all 5 of us except one of us have 3 jabs- which posted on the 30th. Total posted on that card only 1,110
Wow that's awesome! I'm just over 10,000, but I haven't been keeping up with the AM collecting this year. Need to be more on top of it next year to get enough for a few more tickets for next trip!

In 2021 on my card I collected 8321 but I made use of 13,528 miles on groceries and the infamous PS5. Now trying to build those points back up.
My Mom's card collected 6697 and used 2565 but those were probably all on groceries and stuff. But her status is now Onyx so it was good that I split my miles when I could between my card and hers. I actually get to cash in her miles as well for groceries so I can cash in the miles that I earn for her.

Well I did have two Universal trips on Airmiles planned so I now they have been returned I have a healthy stockpile in my account.
A little over 51,000 last year. I did manage to spend about 30,000 on rewards and groceries.
I barely used my son's card this year.
This year food costs will be more of a priority for me. I may be using PC optimum more. (No Frills).

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Amazing! Thanks for the response :) I sent them a link to something on sale and so I’m hoping they buy quickly before a) it sells out or b) the sale ends! Haha! That’s great about Amazon too- I’m thinking about getting a spin bike on there - so glad they (potentially) can buy things off Amazon.
The thing I wanted is now not available so I suspect I’m out of luck. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I guess I’ll try again some other time. Their process is like molasses. Not very helpful, eh? Or not helpful for anything remotely time sensitive. Oh well, I’ll take that as a sign and try again with other items. I want to see if I can get them to purchase a couch from IKEA lol but I suspect they’ll take too long….

I just double-checked my statement for the year. I earned 6490 pts, and used 12547 pts, well really 8387 because I cancelled a hotel room yesterday, so 4160 went back into the pot. I am thrilled with what I spent my points on. Aside from groceries and gas, I also redeemed points for things for the new house, and gifts for the girl in the basement.

I just double-checked my statement for the year. I earned 6490 pts, and used 12547 pts, well really 8387 because I cancelled a hotel room yesterday, so 4160 went back into the pot. I am thrilled with what I spent my points on. Aside from groceries and gas, I also redeemed points for things for the new house, and gifts for the girl in the basement.
I have obviously been watching to many crime shows because what came to my mind instantly was, well, a girl in the basement but not by choice. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter