Airmiles Armchair Chatter

This will be my first time ordering Universal tickets through Redtag. I can't find the 3 Day + 2 Free tickets on the site. How do you go about getting those?
I think you may need to get those through a personal shopper as those are on " sale" through Universal.

This will be my first time ordering Universal tickets through Redtag. I can't find the 3 Day + 2 Free tickets on the site. How do you go about getting those?
When I went on the site, I narrowed my search field to 3 day tickets. From there I saw there were 2 point options the same and the titles seemed the same. When you hover over the title, you will see one will show the +2 days free option. I chose the 3park 3 day +2 days free park-to-park option. For my dates it was 4307 points per tickets all fees included. I placed my order on a Thursday and received the email with barcode vouchers on Saturday.

When I went on the site, I narrowed my search field to 3 day tickets. From there I saw there were 2 point options the same and the titles seemed the same. When you hover over the title, you will see one will show the +2 days free option. I chose the 3park 3 day +2 days free park-to-park option. For my dates it was 4307 points per tickets all fees included. I placed my order on a Thursday and received the email with barcode vouchers on Saturday.

Hmmm...I wonder if I'm doing something wrong. I only show tickets that don't have the +2 option. I'm short a few hundred miles and won't be travelling until October so I have a bit to wait before I can book.

Edited to add: Sorted just by 3 day tickets, like you said above, and they are showing now...🤦‍♀️ Thanks for your help!

Ok, I'm back Betches! It's been a long time, or else it feels that way!

Anyhoo, I have our resort rezzies all bought and paid for (through gift cards) and am going to look into re-activating our expired tickets, which were Cdn rate air miles tickets (5-day base tickets).

Just wondering on how much we can expect to pay in additional costs? Traveling Nov 27-Dec 4, 2022!

So glad to be back in research mode, although this Genie+ crap is already giving me heart palpitations...

Hmmm...I wonder if I'm doing something wrong. I only show tickets that don't have the +2 option. I'm short a few hundred miles and won't be travelling until October so I have a bit to wait before I can book.

Edited to add: Sorted just by 3 day tickets, like you said above, and they are showing now...🤦‍♀️ Thanks for your help!
Glad it worked. Another thing I noticed at the time, unless I just couldn’t figure it out, is that an “adult” ticket for a teen must be purchased with an adult ticket with someone over 18. I wanted to use some of my points for 1 teen and my husband’s points for his ticket and our other teen. I was not able to get the single teen ticket as the birth date section needed a birth year older than my teens. Ended up buying them all from the same account. Luckily I had enough points. I already bought my annual pass before COVID. Hoping I can still use it this year. I had emailed in 2020 and they said I could. So, here’s hoping.

Shell gas
I am not sure how others are handling the changes at Gas stations but for me it is just not working.
The pre pay is messing me up. Fluctuating gas prices too.
I thought for sure $50 would give me the required 30L but it was short and then it took Shell 5 days to release the double charge on my credit card.
I might just switch over to Petro Canada and collect their points. They do offer 3 cents off there if you link your credit card.
Any thoughts or ideas you are trying?

Hugs
Mel

Shell gas
I am not sure how others are handling the changes at Gas stations but for me it is just not working.
I thought for sure $50 would give me the required 30L but it was short and then it took Shell 5 days to release the double charge on my credit card.
I might just switch over to Petro Canada and collect their points. They do offer 3 cents off there if you link your credit card.

Hugs
Mel

I don’t have much help for you, but we have a shell right around the corner from us so I usually fill up there and I have a 70L tank. Pretty hard to not put in the 30L since I usually run my tank pretty low before filling up. If you have a Loblaws owned grocery chain with a gas bar attached to it, you can get 3.5c per L back in PC points. That’s our second choice.

I don’t have much help for you, but we have a shell right around the corner from us so I usually fill up there and I have a 70L tank. Pretty hard to not put in the 30L since I usually run my tank pretty low before filling up. If you have a Loblaws owned grocery chain with a gas bar attached to it, you can get 3.5c per L back in PC points. That’s our second choice.
Thanks Hon
I do have a Loblaws Gas Bar on the way to work. I used to enjoy the drive to and from work ,,,not so much now .lol.
Good to know about the PC discount too.
Thanks
Hugs
Mel

Shell gas

Hugs
Mel

ok don’t let the pre-pay authorized amount mess you up!

It happened to me the first few times years ago when I used it, it was frustrating. Until one time I was watching my husband fill up and he selected the pre-authorized amount to be $100. I asked him why would you choose $100, you aren’t going to spend that much on gas (years ago, remember). He told me the $100 is the maximum amount you would pay, BUT you can choose to stop filling at any dollar amount lower than $100. And have the flexibility to stop based on the number of litres of gas. Life changing for me, from then on, I can always choose to stop at 30L exactly!
hope this makes sense, I should be asleep.

Last edited:
If you collect pcpoints, we use Esso a lot now,,,get 3cents per litre back in points. Also use the gasbuddy app to see on way home where gas is cheaper,,,but I dont drive out of way. Fill up after work or later at night,,cheaper,,,always more expensive in the am.

yup what others said about the gas! I just hit whatever the highest number is and then pump. Our car only holds 35 L so not a problem that it will end up costing me much but I'm sure to make the threshold (barely!!) You'll only get charged for what you actually pump

Ok, final update on my saga to get my expired AMs tickets converted.

First, I started out using the number on this page : https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/help/phone/ for existing tickets. This was my first and greatest mistake
1st day - called at 8am, told 167 minute wait. Held for a while, just in case it was wrong, had to drop for meeting
2nd day - called right at 7am. Got through to cast member number 1, she couldn't help, told me she was transferring to ticket services, that said "more than 10 minute wait". 45 minutes later, hang up for a meeting.
Today - called right at 7am. Had a helpful cast member that wanted to assist, but couldn't see my tickets. Said she was resorts, even though, remember, I've been calling the supposed ticket number. Says she will transfer to ticket services. Wait on hold just over an hour, next cast member can see my tickets, but can't do anything with them because they are Canadian resident tickets. Says he will transfer me to ticket services (WHAT??). Next on hold says over 2 hour wait, rage and hang up.

Come back to Disboards, hoping someone can help with a better number. Aug2020distrip very helpfully provides the number 407-939-1289 and their much better experience getting this done. I call that number, press 4 for tickets, 1 for expired tickets, 1 for a callback. Says callback will be over 160 minutes, fine, it's Saturday, I'm good.

Call back came in about 60 minutes, but then I had 30 minutes of silent hold. Music comes on for 30 seconds, finally an agent who can actually help me picks up!

I had managed to get some pixie dust back in 2020, and had upgraded our 7day AM tickets to 7 day park hopper plus. I changed those to 6 day hopper plus, fixed date starting Aug 15, changed my daughters child ticket to adult. Cost was $315.12USD. I then added Genie+, so total was $698.52USD. I paid with my Disney gift cards I get from PC points (buy groceries on points, get equivalent in gift cards trick).

We finally have tickets for this summer!

Renovations are slowly moving along - all the old panelling and ceiling tiles pulled down and carted off to the dump, new drywall up, mucked, sanded and the priming is just starting now. We bought the paint yesterday and the tiles arrived this morning, guess I better go pick them up! We've given up trying to find a furniture store that's willing to even order the stupid sofabed, I can't handle the stress involved in that so we've put a pin in that for the time being. After months of searching at this point (yup started looking during Boxing day sales) I'd almost given up on finding a solution for this room and FINALLY stumbled across one that will net me some miles and completed the Mix & Match promo!

TV Stand/Sewing Crap Hiding Zone

Last edited:
I did the same sort of thing years ago. We had a big cabinet for the TV (the old ones before flat screen). I had DH add some shelves where the TV had been and poof, place to store all my fabric etc.

I had spent a lot of time refinishing it and didn't want to throw it out as it was a good piece. It just needed a little makeover.

I just reviewed all the flyers for my usual grocery shops. It's a value drought out there for AM. Sobeys has Max a miles on this coming week but the offers just aren't great. Price too high or AM to low to make the drive and $ spent worthwhile.

I may be nearing the end of my Airmiles journey. I'm all about value for groceries and proper nutrition at the moment so my days of 5 bags of chips for 95AM are finished. I do hope things turn around soon, I miss the good old days of a Blue Friday 900AM shop.

Now to use up all those dream miles I've collected over the last few years.

I am feeling the same. I used to be the king of AirMiles out here in Stittsville but with a new No Frills opening here there is little enticement to go into Sobeys or Metro. We'll be spending our miles for a while here but its not like the good old days for collecting.

I may be nearing the end of my Airmiles journey. I'm all about value for groceries and proper nutrition at the moment so my days of 5 bags of chips for 95AM are finished. I do hope things turn around soon, I miss the good old days of a Blue Friday 900AM shop.
I feel you. We rarely buy many of the items that have AM attached to them. It's been 1.5 yrs since we started, and we haven't really gone back. If we have a movie night in, we will run and pick up munchies ( usually to No Frills and it's close and cheaper :o) but we only get what we want, and it's gone by the next day. So many of the items that have AM attached to them are not ones we eat anymore.

I am with you on missing the days of a good 900 AM shop!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter