Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I have an answer for why I received the 350 AM's from BMO. Just received an email that they are changing the BMO AM World Elite Mastercard Flight Benefit.
Beginning July 4, 2022 cardholders will receive a 25% discount on one worldwide flight booking per year, up to a maximum of 750 reward miles. This is to replace the current 15% discount flight benefit. They are 'celebrating our most valued customers' with 350 AM's. Since ELCray got 500 it must be different for each person.
I'll take what they give and not look back. ;)

I have an answer for why I received the 350 AM's from BMO. Just received an email that they are changing the BMO AM World Elite Mastercard Flight Benefit.
Beginning July 4, 2022 cardholders will receive a 25% discount on one worldwide flight booking per year, up to a maximum of 750 reward miles. This is to replace the current 15% discount flight benefit. They are 'celebrating our most valued customers' with 350 AM's. Since ELCray got 500 it must be different for each person.
Nice! I didn't get anything, haha! But that doesn't surprise me...it feels like I don't get anything with my BMO AM card anymore.

Oh man, I really like that 15% discount! What is with all the devaluations... sighhhh. I guess I'll focus on Aeroplan for flights since the sweet spots on Air Miles redemptions are pretty well gone and it's pretty well cash value only ... womp womp.

Thank you for sharing!

I got that email as well, so far, no bonus miles from BMO for me. So if you travel more than once per year, you won't have access to the 15% anymore? You only get the 25% one time? Geesh. This card is just taking every plus away.

I got that email as well, so far, no bonus miles from BMO for me. So if you travel more than once per year, you won't have access to the 15% anymore? You only get the 25% one time? Geesh. This card is just taking every plus away.
That's the model used for the Amex Air Miles Platinum card too - the once-annual travel benefit up to 750 AMs.

I must have gotten this because I have multiple bookings in the system. Edit: The 15% off is still showing so I guess if we want to take advantage we need to do so before the changeover.

Last edited:
I got the same as well. I got 350 miles. Of course, we redeemed for 4 flights to Orlando back in February. :(

Does it read to you that it's 25% off one worldwide flight, meaning one ticket? If you need two tickets you still only get 25% off one? Or do you think it's 25% off all tickets purchased for one flight? Confusing....
I haven't booked an AM's flight in years so not sure getting this bonus has anything to do with that.

Does it read to you that it's 25% off one worldwide flight, meaning one ticket? If you need two tickets you still only get 25% off one? Or do you think it's 25% off all tickets purchased for one flight? Confusing....
I haven't booked an AM's flight in years so not sure getting this bonus has anything to do with that.
From the FAQs:
The 25% discount is applicable to one full booking (a single ticket or multiple tickets) per year and will be distributed equally on each ticket included in the booking, to a cap of 750 Miles. For example, if your booking includes three flights requiring 1,500 Miles each for a total of 4,500 Miles, each flight will receive a discount of 250 Miles, with the 750 Miles cap.

The flight discounts were the only reason I was holding onto the card. They did away with the lounge pasees last year and I get a lot of the same coverages with another CC so I guess I'll be parting ways with the BMO W/E M/C before my next renewal.

The discount flights were great for us. We used them to fly my parents here to visit. It was a cheap alternative for us to be able to help them come visit. It's easier for them to fly than drive the 11 hr drive to see us. Sigh....we will be re-evaluating if we will continue to push the am collection. I do like being able to use AM for hotels on trips. I find them the best " value" for that.

From the FAQs:
The 25% discount is applicable to one full booking (a single ticket or multiple tickets) per year and will be distributed equally on each ticket included in the booking, to a cap of 750 Miles. For example, if your booking includes three flights requiring 1,500 Miles each for a total of 4,500 Miles, each flight will receive a discount of 250 Miles, with the 750 Miles cap.

This is interesting...if they are capping the discount to 750 miles total, that's much less than the discount we received on our Orlando flights we just booked. We are always booking 4 flights and we are coming from BC. Our discount of 15% saved us 3154 AM. That Westjet MC is starting to look a lot better for flights...

Edited to add: I just looked at the email they sent and it's right in the description on the front. This is a huge blow for us who normally use the majority of our AM for flights. It's always been our best value.

So once again Sobeys has let me down with any offers. I seem to have a buy anything get 50 miles but that is my only Sobeys offers. The second card got some puny offers but no spend offer and the third card got nothing at all. Guess Sobeys is punishing me for spending all my money there. I know that there is an offer in the ad but I would have still like some offers to use. My offers will probably come tomorrow.
Well today is now Friday and no loaded offers on 2 of my cards from Sobey's. What are they playing at these days? Oh well good thing I still have the spend anything get 50 miles. Let's see if I can make the spend $125 earn 100 miles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter