Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Quite proud of my Air Miles (and other) stack from this weekend.

I wanted to get another set of Herdmar Arco rainbow cutlery which i first bought a couple of years ago. It's like a little luxury and I think they are starting to phase the set out because it's not available at Linen Chest anymore, only The Bay. I wanted to have more than 4 place settings.

This week, Bay giftcards were the featured offer at Sobeys - for every $50, get 65 AMs. So I bought a $300 Bay giftcard and got the following:

- Edit: Forgot to say 20% off because of Bay Days! :)
- 390 Air Miles
- 1,500 Amex Reward points because I paid using my Cobalt with the 5x multiplier (this converts to 1,500 Aeroplan points)
- 120 Air Miles because of the 10x Airmilesshops offer
- beautiful cutlery that makes me happy every day
- $20 left over

I also did a shop on the blue bonus and sale items. Spent $131 with my Sobeys giftcard and got 441 miles. :)

Last edited:
I finally decided to get back into Air Miles hunting at Sobeys after we decided to use many of what I had on account for a trip down to St Maartin in December. I pulled in 511 at Sobeys for some targeted items. The Sobeys in Stittsville used to be good to troll around and find in-store Air Miles deals on things they were trying to clear as the store was never busy. They finally converted it into a giant Farm Boy.

Quite proud of my Air Miles (and other) stack from this weekend.

I wanted to get another set of Herdmar Arco rainbow cutlery which i first bought a couple of years ago. It's like a little luxury and I think they are starting to phase the set out because it's not available at Linen Chest anymore, only The Bay. I wanted to have more than 4 place settings.

This week, Bay giftcards were the featured offer at Sobeys - for every $50, get 65 AMs. So I bought a $300 Bay giftcard and got the following:

- Edit: Forgot to say 20% off because of Bay Days! :)
- 390 Air Miles
- 1,500 Amex Reward points because I paid using my Cobalt with the 5x multiplier (this converts to 1,500 Aeroplan points)
- 120 Air Miles because of the 10x Airmilesshops offer
- beautiful cutlery that makes me happy every day
- $20 left over

I also did a shop on the blue bonus and sale items. Spent $131 with my Sobeys giftcard and got 441 miles. :)
A thousand thanks for pointing out the HBC gift card offer! I've been looking at things over the last 2 weeks during the Bay Day sales but didn't actually buy anything so I got a code in my email today for 15% off ANYTHING (ok, so not the $400 bassinet my DIL has her heart set on o_O) . I glanced at my wish list and noticed that hubby's favourite gloves were not only on sale, but actually in stock, they're Sheerling Lined Sheepskin Suede and he loves them but they are $120 ! Today though? I paid $77 after I drove to Sobey's for the gift card. Also picked up some yogurt, granola bars, supper for him, bunch of $2.97 pizzas he enjoys, a few other "oh look that's on sale" things and more COVID-19 test kits

Spent just over $180 and snagged 325 miles.
I'll get 30-ish miles online and a few HBC points as well.

Guess I won't wait too long for that call back then (posted about it in BB thread)

They called back to hours later to say they wouldn't be able to get to my call today and that I could schedule a call back for some time in the next 7 days. I'll wait and see if it resolves itself in the next 48 hours and then call them right when they open in the morning on Saturday. Lord knows with the puppy in the house I'm up and going at that hour.

Last edited:

Random question. Does anyone know if I apply a Cnd. Uber GC to my Uber account, will it be used for payment in the US? I'm sure it would be taken with exchange but will they use it for payment? I can get PC points for Uber GC's this week and we will be using Uber in the US in October. If I can save a few $$'s I'm all in.
Asking here instead of the PC thread because I feel there are more people here who may have experienced this before. Hope no one minds.

ETA--found my own answer, just needed to look a bit harder.
Uber gift cards can only be used in the country where purchased.

Last edited:
Official Airmiles CHAT word from (Sandra)
they are aware people were given the wrong amounts and need 24 -to 48 hrs. to fix the tech issues.
(I'm short 100 too).
It is baffling at this time that we still have to wait so long for these points to be given - especially when they know they are going to post wrong. We get to see mile post into accounts within minutes at Shell, why does it take so long for promos to post?

Edited to add

The magic of collecting miles has been tarnished the last few years - this is just another layer of tarnish.

I see that I can purchase for ice cream treats and get a few miles. Buying those is always cheaper than heading to DQ for a treat after dinner/supper on Sunday nights when we like a little dessert after a great Sunday night meal. I guess I'll be stopping at safeway over the weekend. I should see what I have for offers as well. I should make the trip worth my while at least ;)

I see that I can purchase for ice cream treats and get a few miles. Buying those is always cheaper than heading to DQ for a treat after dinner/supper on Sunday nights when we like a little dessert after a great Sunday night meal. I guess I'll be stopping at safeway over the weekend. I should see what I have for offers as well. I should make the trip worth my while at least ;)
I seriously have no room left in my freezer but if I did I might consider a trip...wait maybe I could gift my sister with a few bars?
:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar
Hugs Hon
It sure is hard to collect miles right now.
I called Airmiles back instead of waiting and they added my 100 miles.!
I wish there was a May special Promo!!!!

Hugs
Mel

Ahhhh I saw that date release tooooo!!!! So excited.

If it helps for your decision, we used personal shopper for an annual pass and got a rate of 7.07 cents US/1 Air Mile.
Can you clarify this for me please? I'm pretty sure that when we used our miles for a pass in 2019 they were coming in around 14.2 miles per 1 USD and then in July 2021 it dropped to 13.92 miles/USD. Are you saying it's now HALF that?! If so I can't wait for them to be selling annual passes again, I've got more than enough for 2 and I seriously need to start planning a trip :P

Can you clarify this for me please? I'm pretty sure that when we used our miles for a pass in 2019 they were coming in around 14.2 miles per 1 USD and then in July 2021 it dropped to 13.92 miles/USD. Are you saying it's now HALF that?! If so I can't wait for them to be selling annual passes again, I've got more than enough for 2 and I seriously need to start planning a trip :P
I can tell you my math!

The Premier Annual Pass at Universal was $761 US if bought on the website, and the Personal Shopper charged us 10,750 Air Miles.

I can tell you my math!

The Premier Annual Pass at Universal was $761 US if bought on the website, and the Personal Shopper charged us 10,750 Air

Ok Disney, start selling those passes!!!! That awesome news, thanks for letting us know.

Going way off topic again for a sunny Friday afternoon post. I finished up a baby blankie today, trying to get a few things done before he arrives in July, little nugget is so spoiled already! Ok so did get some miles from buying the main material thru Etsy, the blue minky i used for the backing came from our Newly reopened Len's Mill.

1651267058786.png

I wrapped the backing around to make the "binding" and created fancy-pants mitered corners even
1651267126955.png

Glad he won't look too closely at all the little errors that are glaring to me, but overall I'm pleased with how it turned out

1651267188636.png
1651267303724.png

Going way off topic again for a sunny Friday afternoon post. I finished up a baby blankie today, trying to get a few things done before he arrives in July, little nugget is so spoiled already! Ok so did get some miles from buying the main material thru Etsy, the blue minky i used for the backing came from our Newly reopened Len's Mill.
So I was going to ask you how the new store was. We took a drive to St Jacobs yesterday and I talked about you as we drove past Guelph. I told my sister that we should take a trip to Guelph and shop the store. So how was it? It is worth the drive to Guelph (instead of the drive to Acton - if you remember that ad you are old).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter