• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Wow....you guys were busy here while I was away. I've got a few pages of reading to do to get caught up.

I will be staying with AM even when Sobeys leaves. I only shop there when there have been good promos which this year have been the loaded offers. It's out of my way and over priced. I get most of my miles from my Amex and MC. I charge every dollar to those cards. With my CC's I can still earn at least enough AM for a pair of park tickets a year so I'm happy with that.

So I'm wondering if I missed something.....I have read the announcement on the AM site but I only see that they say they are leaving Atlantic Canada. Are they in fact dropping ALL stores or only the Atlantic locations? Have I read this wrong?

I do not like AM chat feature, first they connected, asked a bunch of questions and made me click a link to verify my email. Then they disconnected and I can't tell if someone new is going to come on or what. All this for 34 AM. Honestly. I didn't even do this for the 50 AM they should have given me in May for filling up a second time in the month. How do I know if someone new will connect? Do I just wait and see? start a new chat? Call instead?

Had to start a new chat - they posted me the 50 AM for last month but won't do Saturday's until 2 weeks have passed. After hanging up on me twice.

Last edited:
I had to laugh at your post Heather
This is me.
Mel connects to chat
Hi this is Sarah
whom am I speaking with? (duh it says right on the screen but I'll play along....
Hi Sarah
This is Melanie.. ,,,,,,,, ,,,I already confirm that my profile is up to date and correct please find attached offer I am inquiring about. If you are aware of an issue occurring with this offer please state so,, therefor I will not be required to explain at length. If you require the email sent to an address please post the email address.
Thanks

Can you tell I have experience with CHAT,,, lol

I had to laugh at your post Heather
This is me.
Mel connects to chat
Hi this is Sarah
whom am I speaking with? (duh it says right on the screen but I'll play along....
Hi Sarah
This is Melanie.. ,,,,,,,, ,,,I already confirm that my profile is up to date and correct please find attached offer I am inquiring about. If you are aware of an issue occurring with this offer please state so,, therefor I will not be required to explain at length. If you require the email sent to an address please post the email address.
Thanks

Can you tell I have experience with CHAT,,, lol
I ended up calling and doing the callback thing while I was waiting for the chat to connect the second time. Took 90 minutes for them to call me back but the person I got did eventually give me the 34 AM.

The chat gave me the 50 for my second May fill up, though she kept telling me I needed 3. I save my emails though!

But I will be ready if it happens again. Second person connected and told me I was inactive so she was disconnecting. Yeah because I was waiting for someone for 20 minutes. Oh well. All sorted now but I remember why I usually just let it go.

For DH’s card, I have my email attached to it as well. And everytime on the chat they say “you need to change the email as that is a duplicate.” I said nope, as I am the controller of DH’s card. Then I tell them all my info is up to date. Once it took 15 minutes to get through all of the checks of my info. That rep got 2 stars in my survey lol

For DH’s card, I have my email attached to it as well. And everytime on the chat they say “you need to change the email as that is a duplicate.” I said nope, as I am the controller of DH’s card. Then I tell them all my info is up to date. Once it took 15 minutes to get through all of the checks of my info. That rep got 2 stars in my survey lol
I get this all the time as well, I dread calling in or using chat. I always end up assuring them I will change the email address and then don't. It's annoying. So what if we use the same email? I could be an elderly person (I am, lol) who doesn't use a computer and don't have an email of my own. Just something I have to put up with I guess.

There have been so many posts in this thread over the past few days that I feel I *should* respond to (my therapist has gotten to the point that she doesn't say anything but points at me when I say that "S" word) and it is on my do-to-list before end of the week. Thanks a ton to everyone who has been stepping up to the plate and providing timely answers to questions, my brain isn't firing on all cylinders at the moment.

I know this has nothing to do with Airmiles but I consider this group of Disers part of my family! I was trying to get this wall hanging done before our son & daughter-in-law were home for a family wedding so that she would have it by today but that just wasn't in the cards (I felt getting the blanket and car sear cover were more important before he arrives!) and now I'm sitting here committing a deadly sin ... PRIDE (ok so 2, being rather SLOTH like too) I really like how this turned out. This is the description provided about the panel

In light of the recent traumatic events that have unfolded at former Residential Schools across Canada, Karen Erickson created 'Every Child Matters' out of reverence to those grieving. This painting depicts two siblings who were finally set free after being grimly discovered at a Residential School.

The children who are shown holding hands were torn apart from each other, but now reunited as they make their way back home. Karen included beautiful imagery such as a moon and feathers to represent the First Nations, Inuit and Metis people joining together to guide the two siblings home.

100% of the net proceeds from the sales of the panel from 'The Journey Home' will be donated to the Indian Residential School Survivors Society and the Orange Shirt Society.

It's especially fitting since they just received confirmation that their son will have official Indian status.
Journey Home.jpg

Last edited:
There have been so many posts in this thread over the past few days that I feel I *should* respond to (my therapist has gotten to the point that she doesn't say anything but points at me when I say that "S" word) and it is on my do-to-list before end of the week. Thanks a ton to everyone who has been stepping up to the plate and providing timely answers to questions, my brain isn't firing on all cylinders at the moment.

I know this has nothing to do with Airmiles but I consider this group of Disers part of my family! I was trying to get this wall hanging done before our son & daughter-in-law were home for a family wedding so that she would have it by today but that just wasn't in the cards (I felt getting the blanket and car sear cover were more important before he arrives!) and now I'm sitting here committing a deadly sin ... PRIDE (ok so 2, being rather SLOTH like too) I really like how this turned out. This is the description provided about the panel

In light of the recent traumatic events that have unfolded at former Residential Schools across Canada, Karen Erickson created 'Every Child Matters' out of reverence to those grieving. This painting depicts two siblings who were finally set free after being grimly discovered at a Residential School.

The children who are shown holding hands were torn apart from each other, but now reunited as they make their way back home. Karen included beautiful imagery such as a moon and feathers to represent the First Nations, Inuit and Metis people joining together to guide the two siblings home.

100% of the net proceeds from the sales of the panel from 'The Journey Home' will be donated to the Indian Residential School Survivors Society and the Orange Shirt Society.

It's especially fitting since they just received confirmation that their son will have official Indian status.
View attachment 678182
Jacqueline, I loved this piece when you first shared it, but by sharing the story behind it, makes it even more special in my heart. You should be proud! What a wonderful gift for your grandson.
p.s. It's summer....the only should is to stop, enjoy the heat and the laziness that it brings.

Am I the only one who didn't know Staples is leaving AM? Just got an email from them. Perhaps it was announced somewhere else? Bolding is mine.

Dear Staples Customers,

We would like to inform you that as of July 1, 2022, our partnership with the AIR MILES Reward Program will be changing. As a result, you will no longer be able to earn Air Miles or redeem Air Miles Cash on Staples purchases in stores, on Staples.ca, on StaplesPreferred.ca and on StaplesCopyAndPrint.ca.

In anticipation of this change, Stapes has been enhancing our membership programs to ensure you continue to receive great benefits when shopping at Staples.

Our Preferred program for small businesses provides perks like Preferred pricing, gift with purchase, and discounts on other services and solutions through out partnership network. We have recently extended Preferred pricing to thousands of products in store, and we now offer free everyday shipping on all online orders for our members. Learn more about joining Staples Preferred here

Our Teacher membership program supports educators with exclusive coupons, 20% discount on classroom décor, 10% off printing services, and more. Learn more about joining Staples Teacher Membership here.

We will continue to offer our email subscribers exclusive discounts and offers, access to content, and previews on products and promotions.

If you would like to continue to earn Reward Miles on Staples merchandise and services, you can shop with us on AirMilesShops.ca

Thank you for continuing to be a great customer. If you require additional information, please speak with a store associate, or contact our customer service team here.

Back to the land of the living today..... Completely knocked out yesterday (sedated).
I had a crown redone and root canal (4 nasty roots) done yesterday.

But this woke me up!!!!
I am going through some sticker shock here.
So my estimate from the Endo was a bit over $1,600 ,,,, I foolishly thought that was for it all to be fixed.
So today I log on and my Family Dentist charged another $1,424 for the completion of redoing the crown....holly molly... One tooth and over $3,000 dollars later. The original Crown on this tooth was over $1,500.(Done a year ago).
So one tooth has cost me over $4,500
My plan will cover about 1,300 and I have to pony up the rest,,, next time I will ask for detailed clarification.
WAIT there will Not be a next time ,,,please tooth fairy.
But the pay off is I seem to be able to chew a bit on the left side of my mouth (It's been over a year chewing on my right side only) ,, well it was just a bit of muffin but so far so good.
If you have a dental plan use it now and not when you are retired.
now back to my popsicle🍡
Hugs
Mel

Am I the only one who didn't know Staples is leaving AM? Just got an email from them. Perhaps it was announced somewhere else? Bolding is mine.
I did not know this and seen it posted on " that" fb group. 🎶 Another one bites the dust 🎶

I did not earn much from Staples, but I would use them for the big promos and making sure to restock on office items we use at home during the promos.

This won't make or break us from not collecting miles - but it will certainly weighs on the not side.

Staples will still be on AirMileshops to earn miles, so not completely gone. We just can’t double dip like we used to be able to when they were also a separate sponsor.

Atlantic Canadians will be the new Scene+/Sobeys guinea pigs while everyone one else waits until 2023 for the turn over. I received an email from Scene saying we will be able to redeem our points AT Sobeys, Lawtons, etc, so maybe we can still manipulate our vacation budgets. It will be more like PC Optimum...cash in points and put that money into a travel fund. I know it won't help those who collect miles purely for WDW, etc tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter