Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I vote Cuba, or Aulani...its amazing here
Ack! Not Cuba! Unless you want to lose weight due to not eating all week LOL Just kidding, I know some folks love it there. I agree the beaches are awesome though.
I love Cuba. You do have be very careful to research the resorts. Been several times and never had an issue with food. I actually quite like the fact that the food is just ok….makes it easy to not over eat.

Right now we will not be going to Cuba. The current situation there is not good (across the board) they are having serious problems with supplies due to the fact that a huge amount would normally come from Russia.

No. Stay home. Your house must need cleaning or something. I'm sure you could find a better use of your time and money.
That’s the meanest thing anyone has ever said to me :rotfl2:

That sounds like my brother put you up to it. Every time I travel he will say…..you're going away again, you know what you could do with that money? He NEVER goes anywhere and likes it that way. I told him once that he will die rich (I’m sure he has the first nickel he ever made) but having been/seen nothing and I will die poor but I’ll have seen the whole world.

Last edited:

That’s is the meanest thing anyone has ever said to me :rotfl2:

That sounds like my brother put you up to it. Every time I travel he will say…..your going away again, you know what you could do with that money? He NEVER goes anywhere and likes it that way. I told him once that he will die rich (I’m sure he has the first nickel he ever made) but having been/seen nothing and I will die poor but I’ll have seen the whole world.
Ha ha. Well of course no one here is going to say don't travel so I thought I'd throw in a no vote for fun!
(I've got friends like your brother....)

We're going to Hawaii (Big Island) for 10 days in November, just saying... :stitch2:
Amazing! 10 days is such a nice amount of time. We LOVE the Big Island (got married in the Waikoloa resort area) and have been quite a few times but we always find new things to see and do there.
Right now we are debating heading back to Aulani or back to the Big Island.
Have you been before @kerreyn ?

Amazing! 10 days is such a nice amount of time. We LOVE the Big Island (got married in the Waikoloa resort area) and have been quite a few times but we always find new things to see and do there.
Right now we are debating heading back to Aulani or back to the Big Island.
Have you been before @kerreyn ?
Yes! If I've counted right, this will be our 9th trip to Big Island. We like the Waikoloa area as well, and have stayed there 7 of the last 8 trips, and have a condo booked in the Kolea development (by the Marriott) this upcoming trip.

Like you, we always find something new to do there - this trip we decided to book one night at the Volcano House overlooking the crater. I'm pretty hyped to go - we haven't been back since 2018.

Ohhhh one night at Volcano House is on my bucket list too!
Please let me know how you like that new Marriott property. We were looking at the Kings Land condos that allow use of the Hilton Waikoloa. I guess maybe we need a “Canadians going to Hawaii” thread LOL sorry for hijacking the Air Miles one!

That sounds like my DH. Doesn't see the value in traveling. He wants to pay off our mortgage before we spend fun money. I tell him that if he doesn't come, it's just more money for me to take another trip LOL
Not aiming to be mean here, but remind him nicely that the gift of growing old is not given to all. My DH died at 61, but we had been travelling all we could from very early in our marriage. So happy I have those precious memories.

So it seems that my scientific survey has returned a result of 99% in favour of another vacay. Oddly, I've been constantly tracking the price of the trip that we Covid cancelled in January. It was a total steal and I figured I would never again see it for that price. This morning I looked it up again and it was actually very close to what I had previously booked for. Only difference was that club class in not available...well, it is for one way for $700 PP so that's not happening. We had it for $500 RT. I'm super tempted....guess I have some decisions to make

Yes! If I've counted right, this will be our 9th trip to Big Island. We like the Waikoloa area as well, and have stayed there 7 of the last 8 trips, and have a condo booked in the Kolea development (by the Marriott) this upcoming trip.

Like you, we always find something new to do there - this trip we decided to book one night at the Volcano House overlooking the crater. I'm pretty hyped to go - we haven't been back since 2018.

Ohh, I never knew about Volcano House! I'm going to add that to my "if I ever get to Hawaii" list! Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter