• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

The flyer a big ol' nothing burger for air miles. :confused3
Nothing🍔 for me either
last weeks flyer deals were better for me. I might just go today and pick up a few things.(Paper towels)
Shame that they couldn't make the last shop a nice one.
I'm still not sure about the whole Scene+ program.

Hugs Mel

Quick trip to Sobeys
Found a new stack of Brita Water Filters that just arrived off the truck.
They didn't have them last week.
3 pack for $23.99 savings $6.51
Buy 1 box get 50 Bonus Airmiles
Stuffed crust Pizza *My Offers* buy 1 get 20 Bonus Airmiles
Paper Towels 12 pack 12.88 ,,, buy 2 get 50 Bonus Airmiles.
So that's it for me for this week.
122 Airmiles

Hugs Mel

Scene+
Just a thought
We all have had many issues getting Airmiles posted over the years.
How is Scene+ plus going to be any different ,,, I mean it's not Empire Foods posting the points it just another go between company again.
The one thing I do like about PC Points is that they always post right away,, and it's the Loblaws PC company not an outside company posting the points.
So often I heard it's out of our control by Airmiles.
Just random thoughts....

Hugs
Mel

Scene+
Just a thought
We all have had many issues getting Airmiles posted over the years.
How is Scene+ plus going to be any different ,,, I mean it's not Empire Foods posting the points it just another go between company again.
The one thing I do like about PC Points is that they always post right away,, and it's the Loblaws PC company not an outside company posting the points.
So often I heard it's out of our control by Airmiles.
Just random thoughts....

Hugs
Mel

I have had issues with PC Points not posting correctly at times from Shoppers Drug Mart, but you can always tell on the receipt whether they've posted or not. If they don't post, I keep the receipt because I know if it's a substantial amount (more than 1000 points) they are going to want to see it. It's been over a year since I've had any issues though.

Contacted Airmiles via CHAt
I asked for 10 Airmiles from 2 coke purchases at Shell be posted to my account.
Flat out NO "we had a meeting this morning and there will be NO more missing miles added to accounts." "Go to Help section click on there and be prepared to submit receipt."
Wow,,, not good news.:headache:
Like I am going to take my time to now collect and submit Shell receipts for a 5$ purchase which gains me $1???
Off to ESSO or Petro Canada I go.
What they don't seem to understand is that they aren't the only card in the game at this point. The harder it is to collect, and reconcile issues, the less people will use them. Might be time for me to check out the Airmiles rewards and cash out my points for Christmas gifts.

I have had issues with PC Points not posting correctly at times from Shoppers Drug Mart, but you can always tell on the receipt whether they've posted or not. If they don't post, I keep the receipt because I know if it's a substantial amount (more than 1000 points) they are going to want to see it. It's been over a year since I've had any issues though.
Yeah it is good to know that people have had issues with PC Points,,, BUT at least they have been resolved in a timely manner compared to Airmiles wait 120/60 days for everything.
Thanks for sharing
Hugs Mel

What they don't seem to understand is that they aren't the only card in the game at this point. The harder it is to collect, and reconcile issues, the less people will use them. Might be time for me to check out the Airmiles rewards and cash out my points for Christmas gifts.
Yep and it's frustrating ,,,I want to say so many things to them ,,,like

How many times can you offer a Blue Bonus for Chips/Granola Bars/Oatmeal/ Cereal?

In todays tech world why would anyone be willing to wait 2 to 4 months for points to post to their rewards account?

In todays world why would someone choose Grocery shops with paper receipts instead of digital?

In today Economy are people able to afford to buy multiples?

Their focus seems to be online shops,,,,, but even those companies are parting ways with them.

I have been watching the new flyers for the past month from Atlantic Canada and I see no different /great deals for people collecting Scene+ points.

Hugs Mel

Quick update on my Air Miles issued green Canadian non expiring 5 day exchange voucher (that is quite the title for this pass)
I just spent about 30 mins on the phone but was able to get mine put into my MDE and it now shows an expiration date of 2099 hahaha.

The most important part was not the bar code or the long number underneath it but a W number That was beside it in smaller writing because that is the classification of the ticket within their system. It was from that they were able to find the voucher and then verify that it was mine based on the number under the barcode. Just FYI for any of you that need to transfer these vouchers still

This is super helpful! I’m glad you got yours sorted and I appreciate your update.

Now let’s all hope we get back to Disney before 2099…

I recently cashed mine out and I’m glad I did.

I had been saving for a while towards a cruise and a high dream miles balance was starting to make me nervous. For me, it was worth it to change plans and get merchandise I’m excited for.

Now I’m playing the shell game with cash air miles, just like I do with PC Points. I don’t let them build up much, and watching my secure savings account build feels just as exciting but much less scary than dream miles did.

Contacted Airmiles via CHAt
I asked for 10 Airmiles from 2 coke purchases at Shell be posted to my account.
Flat out NO "we had a meeting this morning and there will be NO more missing miles added to accounts." "Go to Help section click on there and be prepared to submit receipt."
Wow,,, not good news.:headache:
Like I am going to take my time to now collect and submit Shell receipts for a 5$ purchase which gains me $1???
Off to ESSO or Petro Canada I go.
I’d be willing to bet that’s not true….sounds like the kind of BS answer that someone throws out when they don’t want to deal with it

I thought so too.
But
this is the email I just got

"Hello Melanie,

Thank you for your email and for the information you have sent us. My name is Karl and I'm happy to confirm that I have posted the 10 missing AIR MILES Reward Miles you are claiming below into your Collector Account.

To view your recent transactions including this posting online, please click on the “Help” tab on our website and then “Recent Transactions”. You can also view your Account balance and transactions on the AIR MILES Mobile App (if downloaded on your cell phone) as well as your personalized Offers and also collect Miles through the App.

I thank you for allowing me to help you today and am here if you need any further assistance. Have a good day!

Best Regards,

Karl
AIR MILES Customer Care"

Date​

Partner​

Description​

Miles​

Details​

• September 14, 2022

MISSING MILES OFFER CODE
    +10

Maybe next person who does CHAT or Phone call can report back if they were told the same thing.

Hugs Mel

The flyer a big ol' nothing burger for air miles. :confused3
Yup...it's a big bust for me. Surprising...nope! I'll purchase some oatmeal for a local charity and their pantry...and I'm needing bleach. That's probably the last of my AM shopping at Safeway.
That is why I do love the PC program. I have always received my points that were not posted correctly - usually within hours.
How many times can you offer a Blue Bonus for Chips/Granola Bars/Oatmeal/ Cereal?

In todays tech world why would anyone be willing to wait 2 to 4 months for points to post to their rewards account?

In todays world why would someone choose Grocery shops with paper receipts instead of digital?

In today Economy are people able to afford to buy multiples?

Their focus seems to be online shops,,,,, but even those companies are parting ways with them.
I agree. Their focus is shifting towards online shopping. I am not a huge online shopper, so I will loose out on miles.
Just got this offer from BMO. Not going to happen! (unless I go and purchase 4 Wagyu steaks) 6 days really.
That's just ridiculous :headache:

Hopefully we can get a fair jag of miles in the next little bit from Shell. They are the only other place we regularly go to. And that is fuel for Dh's truck. My car for around the city is good with Costco fuel.

Today, I needed to order some printer ink from Staples, at just over $100 before tax.

I could shop through airmilesshops and get 5 AM (1AM/20) + 8 for using my MC (1AM/12) for 13 AM (basically $1.36 worth of points) OR I could shop through Staples with the Rakutan 2% initiated and get $2.00 back. That Rakutan check that comes every quarter is automatically put in my vacation fund. Today, I chose Rakutan.

Today, I needed to order some printer ink from Staples, at just over $100 before tax.

I could shop through airmilesshops and get 5 AM (1AM/20) + 8 for using my MC (1AM/12) for 13 AM (basically $1.36 worth of points) OR I could shop through Staples with the Rakutan 2% initiated and get $2.00 back. That Rakutan check that comes every quarter is automatically put in my vacation fund. Today, I chose Rakutan.

I always check both sites (and sometimes aeroplan when I remember). I seem to have switched my Rakuten to scene+ though and I'm not sure I will like that. I like getting a deposit into my paypal quarterly that covers some payment or other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter