• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Hello everyone! I collect Air Miles but rarely check rewards as I am just saving for Universal Orlando tickets. But today I logged on to Air Miles and I don't see the US parks option at all :worried: Is this no longer offered? I'm so sad!!
I'm still seeing it when I log in.

Hover over the "Travel" tab.

You should see "US Parks" listed under the "Travel Products" banner on the left.

Hope this helps.

Only 5 airmiles but hey every Airmiles counts
That's a great idea! I always get scratchers to put into my family's xmas cards. We don't exchange gifts anymore. I'll be doing that one for sure!!!!!!
This week ahead she has costume fittings and safety training. For some odd reason the group is staying at the Airport Marriott.....Disney owns what 15 resorts. The only thing I can think of is that the safety training takes place at Port Canaveral so the airport is just that little bit closer. On the upside it does not appear that she will have to share the room. She has a day off on the 16th and is planning to head to MK.

I had a good laugh at one of the lists they sent. It was a what to pack. It says you need a bathing suit and sunscreen. Then the next sentence it says 'It's winter in Toronto, bring a jacket'.
This is such a great adventure for her! I hope that she is documenting all of this is some way, shape or form. When she looks back on this experience, it would be great to remember all these little moments.

This is such a great adventure for her! I hope that she is documenting all of this is some way, shape or form. When she looks back on this experience, it would be great to remember all these little moments.
I will suggest that she document this journey. Although, if I said anything now she would bite my head off. The travel stress is real. I'm soooooo tempted to tease her because this is exactly what I go through before a trip and she full on makes fun of me. She has spent the whole day running errands and trying to pack. The biggest problem is that she doesn't really know what she needs clothing wise.

:rotfl2: and todays episode of the daily drama..... her flight got hurricane rescheduled, her recruiter called to advise on the situation and she spent 90 minutes on the phone with Disney IT trying to upload another contract.

So I just had to do this.
Airmiles - you get 5 miles and you get 5 miles and you get 5 miles. That's all folks. I think today was the end of the Carousel of Dreams promo.
Yes all 3 cards had 2 spins today and all 3 cards hit the 5 jackpot every time.

Got my last 4 spins and ... all 5AM so earned 20AM today I guess :)

Glad to see MCO is reopening slowly tonight, hopefully the hurricane hasn't done too much damage. Crazy how late in the year that was.

I will also report that I am finally feeling better, still have a cough which I think will remain for awhile. But I managed to stay awake all day! And have a long weekend to get more rest (and be sad I can't go see Black Panther in theatres this weekend). I have ordered way too much take out, mostly for the child, but did cook dinner tonight so am back to doing that as well. I'll probably do a Metro delivery order this weekend or early next week but I have a bunch of stuff I froze when I realized I would not be cooking.

Hey everyone. Sorry it’s been awhile I check in and read then never respond .
Still working in infection control and it’s crazy all the diff sicknesses out there. Kids are good, healthy knock on wood. Big kid bought a new car since his has been at Ford since mid august waiting for a part. They gave us a rental but he’s not 21 yet. So it’s been a PITA Hes been taking the train every weekend back and forth and it’s costing ..
Has anyone heard any rumblings about a big promo any time soon. Isn’t this around when we get the shop 3 shop 5 shop 7 promo. I need to get going on my Christmas shopping ..
Glad you are all semi- well. Counting down to DL in April. And I think we’ve decided to do Fl again next Xmas and maybe do a party and just the discovery cove plus 3 park deal on Black Friday .. Gives us all something to look forward to .
Have a great night all

Quick question….if I request a quote from the personal shopper how fast do you think I could get a park ticket?

Trying to figure out options for DD’s day off. MK is sold out so she thought of getting a 1 days park hopper but that’s $200ish USD

Quick question….if I request a quote from the personal shopper how fast do you think I could get a park ticket?

Trying to figure out options for DD’s day off. MK is sold out so she thought of getting a 1 days park hopper but that’s $200ish USD
I think my quote came in in under 48 hours and about the same for the ticket. I would ask when you get the quote , and tell them you are on a time crunch

So the kid made it to the hotel late last night! A lot later than planned but she made it. It was 11pm when she texted me from her room. Early morning start today...7am. She just texted me that she hates it already....I'm not answering that. She's NOT at all a morning person so I'm not surprised. Hopefully, things get better as she figures things out. She gets stressed when she doesn't know how things work/where to go. She is also the poster girl for the word 'hangry'. Then throw in tired...yikes.

There were a lot of tears yesterday and I'm worried that she will just stay in that mindset. Praying that she meets one person she likes.

So the kid made it to the hotel late last night! A lot later than planned but she made it. It was 11pm when she texted me from her room. Early morning start today...7am. She just texted me that she hates it already....I'm not answering that. She's NOT at all a morning person so I'm not surprised. Hopefully, things get better as she figures things out. She gets stressed when she doesn't know how things work/where to go. She is also the poster girl for the word 'hangry'. Then throw in tired...yikes.

There were a lot of tears yesterday and I'm worried that she will just stay in that mindset. Praying that she meets one person she likes.
Sending her positive thoughts. She will never regret doing it and as a career move, it is the best one she could make. Companies drool over people who have worked for Disney. Putting that on her resume will take her far. It's another reason the College Program is so sought after. I know things have changed and Disney doesn't have the same standards they used to, but they still train for excellence.

Sending her positive thoughts. She will never regret doing it and as a career move, it is the best one she could make. Companies drool over people who have worked for Disney. Putting that on her resume will take her far. It's another reason the College Program is so sought after. I know things have changed and Disney doesn't have the same standards they used to, but they still train for excellence.
Thanks. My stomach has been in a knot since the texts came this morning. The last one was 'I want to come home' but at that point it was 6:55am. I don't think she had even met the group at that point. I'm scared but at least I should have a break from the messages until at least noon. If there is no Wifi wherever she is I won't hear from her until she gets back to her room. Please, please...let the day get better and someone invite her for dinner.

Please confirm regarding Indigo gift cards. I can buy gift card from Indigo via AMS to earn AM. Do I earn AM again when I use the gift card to make a purchase? I would like to buy some Native art puzzles to donate to my school library for Indigenous Education Month. TIA!

Please confirm regarding Indigo gift cards. I can buy gift card from Indigo via AMS to earn AM. Do I earn AM again when I use the gift card to make a purchase? I would like to buy some Native art puzzles to donate to my school library for Indigenous Education Month. TIA!
Yes, with one little caveat - the system gets confused about how much you've actually spent on the gift card and you will get shorted by 1-ish. If you spend $100 on a card it will only trigger 4 miles not 5 or spend $200 it will trigger 9 not 10. I think it's trying to take into account tax so if there's a threshold spend involved like last month, be sure to bump the amount you pay OVER by at least $10.

YES for earning when you use it as well, this will be treated as you expect it to if you used any other form of payment. Great way to double your miles and if you do it now you'll also get the 7x sitewide miles (and 10x if you live in Ontario)

Yes, with one little caveat - the system gets confused about how much you've actually spent on the gift card and you will get shorted by 1-ish. If you spend $100 on a card it will only trigger 4 miles not 5 or spend $200 it will trigger 9 not 10. I think it's trying to take into account tax so if there's a threshold spend involved like last month, be sure to bump the amount you pay OVER by at least $10.

YES for earning when you use it as well, this will be treated as you expect it to if you used any other form of payment. Great way to double your miles and if you do it now you'll also get the 7x sitewide miles (and 10x if you live in Ontario)
Thanks for the tips! :disrocks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter