Airmiles Armchair Chatter

that's why i might complain about accounts that have 2 step authentication but actually prefer that for any online transaction! It's annoying to try and complete some of my airmilesshop transactions with all the extra steps before i get timed out of one of the accounts and then need to start over but i prefer the security.

@dancin Disney style I'm going to assume that you've changed all of your passwords connected to your airmiles account now and even looked into the security measures you have in place for your email account. I really hope that you're able to get those miles back.

that's why i might complain about accounts that have 2 step authentication but actually prefer that for any online transaction! It's annoying to try and complete some of my airmilesshop transactions with all the extra steps before i get timed out of one of the accounts and then need to start over but i prefer the security.

@dancin Disney style I'm going to assume that you've changed all of your passwords connected to your airmiles account now and even looked into the security measures you have in place for your email account. I really hope that you're able to get those miles back.
Yes…I was locked out of AM yesterday and had to change all my log in info. It said that I had made too many attempts to log in….which I had only tried once and have never ever had a problem logging in. So suspicious I think.

Email wise it goes through Bell. I log in to the bell site then my email. I would REALLY hate to have to deal with changing anything associated, I’ve done it before and it’s a huge pain. Along with a lengthy call to their tech support.

I haven’t tried to send the vouchers to myself but it looks like I can which makes this whole thing even more odd.

@dancin Disney style that is really terrible. I hope you are able to get the AM back :( how frustrating!

I just had 500 AM post for the Metro/BMO offer so that's the first purchase and a second $250+ one. GC do work for the offer if anyone is on the fence.

Oddly I had a transaction go missing, I spent $124 at Metro on my BMO card and it was pending for a week, then disappeared 🤷‍♀️ never posted. It's been 3 weeks now and I only just noticed I never actually got charged.

I just had another 1000 am post form the BMO Metro offer!! Whoot whoot that’s 1500 so far ..
Speaking of passwords .. be really careful ordering any subscriptions from Apple TV. We have Disney plus. I didn’t realize I had been ordering from apple. Got an email saying my account changes including a new email . Kids were at home locked out. Called Disney+ they couldn’t help me bc I was no longer acct owner. I fought with them and then they said nothing they can do because I subscribed through Apple call Apple they say. I call Apple who says it’s a sign in issue so it’s Disney’s issue to fix. It took two days of going in circles .. I would have just cancelled but I just paid for a year in Nov. So be careful with third party

Thanks for the reminder to check my accounts. All good here but you never know. So sorry this happened to you @dancin Disney style . It's such a terrible feeling. We work so hard and long (now) for our Airmiles to have them taken by someone else is horrible. I hope they are able to get those miles back to you quickly.

@dancin Disney style that is really terrible. I hope you are able to get the AM back :( how frustrating!

I just had 500 AM post for the Metro/BMO offer so that's the first purchase and a second $250+ one. GC do work for the offer if anyone is on the fence.

Oddly I had a transaction go missing, I spent $124 at Metro on my BMO card and it was pending for a week, then disappeared 🤷‍♀️ never posted. It's been 3 weeks now and I only just noticed I never actually got charged.
Just saw your post and checked my account and got my 500AM for the Metro/BMO offer, just for buying a $500 GC! I only did it that one weekend to test it out, now that I know it works, I’m going to be back every weekend!

eta: it’s maximum 2000:AM for the offer, so I’m only going back 3 more times!

Last edited:
Just saw your post and checked my account and got my 500AM for the Metro/BMO offer, just for buying a $500 GC! I only did it that one weekend to test it out, now that I know it works, I’m going to be back every weekend!

I've got 600 miles for that offer. I bought a $500 card so 600 miles :confused3

Yes I did steal this image.....
330923044_5676952352432961_3850412510980292091_n.jpg

I tried the Metro offer but using a $50 Metro GC. It worked. I guess I'll go and get a couple of GC this week and get the 500AM. Won't take long to use up those GC on groceries.

Edit to add: those Metro GC can be used at Food Basics also. I'll be stocking up for the next 3 weeks or is it 4? March 9 is a Thursday. Thoughts.

Last edited:
Pickings have been pretty slim for me in YYC as well. We don't get gas at Shell, so the 'main' source of air miles for us now is through air miles shops. Save On did have a decent deal for a while, 100am wus $100 on a linked mastercard, but then it went to 50am wus $100, and this week it's 10am wus $100 - pretty sad...

Can you buy Air Canada gift cards at Metro. Was going to book a flight and it is $500 so if I got an Air Canada Gift card with my MC would I get the 500 airmiles?

Can you buy Air Canada gift cards at Metro. Was going to book a flight and it is $500 so if I got an Air Canada Gift card with my MC would I get the 500 airmiles?
Yes you can. Just be careful though, I think Air Canada has a limit to how much you can pay by gift card....or maybe it's how many gift cards you can pay with. Check it out first.

Yes you can. Just be careful though, I think Air Canada has a limit to how much you can pay by gift card....or maybe it's how many gift cards you can pay with. Check it out first.
I did some research , can be 2 gift cards but only 1 type of payment, so the balance must be on the gift cards. Cannot do part gift card and part credit card. This makes is hard to use the full value of the gift card. I hate when end with a balance of .2.94 on a gift card and can’t use it easily

And Monday is a Holiday!!!!!
Have a great Day!
Hugs Mel
Well not for everybody. Not for Ontario employees who work for a federally regulated company. That was me when I worked and the local transit didn't work that day so I had to work at an alternate location. This was before everybody could work from home.
Now I am retired so don't have to worry about it and I can have my Daytona 500 party on Sunday night and not worry about having to get up early.

Well not for everybody. Not for Ontario employees who work for a federally regulated company. That was me when I worked and the local transit didn't work that day so I had to work at an alternate location. This was before everybody could work from home.
Now I am retired so don't have to worry about it and I can have my Daytona 500 party on Sunday night and not worry about having to get up early.

Yeah, work for the Feds and we are supposed to work. I booked it off though :) But most of team is working.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter