• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I had that issue as well. Been happening all morning. My work around has been by going into the BMO online banking site and going in through my AM MC rewards page. It pulls up the rewards page and then I can get into my account and the rewards. It's the only way I have been able to access it.
Thanks Hon
Hugs Mel

I was having that issue with my computer but I could get in through my app no issue.

Computer site is up and working again now.

I finished paying off my UK 14 day tickets, total cost was less than 6 day park hoppers plus water parks. Crazy.

I plan to get the HS AH tickets, it looks like fun and short ride lines, but now I'm balking at the cost. The tickets for one party, after conversion is about $450 for the two of us. The tickets I got for 14 days, park hoppers plus water parks, and include magic bands and memory maker, were $1820 after conversion. I am cringing to pay so much for 3 hours of short lines? Maybe I should just buy genie + and ILL$ instead... ugh. When did planning these trips get so annoying? At least my parks are booked (subject to change if any park hours change).

And I am doing ok with AM, I spent $20 AM cash on gas for my car, and have already earned that back with Metro shopping posted, and my BMO miles posting. Still waiting on the rest of the BMO MC at Metro bonuses to post, that will bring me to about $90 cash miles I think, which I may use for Starbucks GC, or I think I can get Uber GC? Could do that and pay for the transfers from MCO to Disney and back. Hmm. Since I also have the free delivery now I guess I'll be buying more Metro groceries and earning more miles too.

You've got 14 days of tickets. You should be able to get everything done without genie and ILL. You're going early May correct. It's busy but not super busy at that time of the year. Hit up the hard to do rides first thing in the morning or last thing at night. $450 is a lot of money for a few rides when you've already got a full day ticket.

Keep in mind, you'll also be back again someday. Go and have fun.

I finished paying off my UK 14 day tickets, total cost was less than 6 day park hoppers plus water parks. Crazy.

I plan to get the HS AH tickets, it looks like fun and short ride lines, but now I'm balking at the cost. The tickets for one party, after conversion is about $450 for the two of us. The tickets I got for 14 days, park hoppers plus water parks, and include magic bands and memory maker, were $1820 after conversion. I am cringing to pay so much for 3 hours of short lines? Maybe I should just buy genie + and ILL$ instead... ugh. When did planning these trips get so annoying? At least my parks are booked (subject to change if any park hours change).

And I am doing ok with AM, I spent $20 AM cash on gas for my car, and have already earned that back with Metro shopping posted, and my BMO miles posting. Still waiting on the rest of the BMO MC at Metro bonuses to post, that will bring me to about $90 cash miles I think, which I may use for Starbucks GC, or I think I can get Uber GC? Could do that and pay for the transfers from MCO to Disney and back. Hmm. Since I also have the free delivery now I guess I'll be buying more Metro groceries and earning more miles too.
I love a good after hours party but at $450.00 for 2 I'd be looking at

The_Genie_Aladdin.png
And

Lightning-Lane-Logo.png

Hugs Mel

Are the Starbucks e vouchers that you can redeem airmiles points only to be used in Canada.
I redeem for Starbucks e vouchers frequently.

I used them at Universal resorts , Disney Springs and , Disney Parks Starbucks.

Starbucks® Cards issued in the U.S. or Canada are accepted at most Starbucks locations in North America, including airport and grocery locations. Starbucks Cards can also be used interchangeably at most stores in the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia and Mexico.

Hugs Mel

Last edited:

I was reading the other day on the Starbuck page that some locations don't accept them. Apparently if you search the location you're hoping to go to see. Click on the little "i" to get more information about that location. If they accept rewards as payment you can use your GC there. The website says something about looking for Digital redemptions but I called a few (locally) and so long as redeem rewards is there you're good.

A funny story for my air miles friends:

My son is convinced that Toy Story is right, and toys come to life when he isn’t watching. The reason? It could be that our rambunctious puppy keeps stealing his stuffed animals from his bedroom and moving them around the house. But he thinks that’s unlikely. It’s much more likely that while he sleeps or goes to school, the toys are waking up and finding fun things to do around the house.

OT....just in the World right now thought I would update all...so park reservations for some parks booked solid...MK and HS...glad we booked long ago.
Been many March breaks...this is the busiest we have seen.
Weather has been chilly..down to 10c last night...1st time ever wearing jeans at this time of year.
1st time hopping as much as we have. 1 park in am..lunch nap 2nd park at night. Thats been our best plans...not paying 29 per person for G+...most big rides Genie is done by noon. Did not want to try it out this time. We are fortunate to come at least once a year..so not panicked if we dont get something this time.
BUT,, GOTG missed que this am,,will try at 1pm..but not paying 17 each for LL,,,ride it next time,,,especially since I prob wont be on due to motion sickness.
So just a quick update as we wait for 75min for soaring.
Oh Remy..cute,,but waited 2hours for it,,wont wait more that 1 hour again...better imho than MM rail.
Send update soon..

OT....just in the World right now thought I would update all...so park reservations for some parks booked solid...MK and HS...glad we booked long ago.
Weather has been chilly..down to 10c last night...1st time ever wearing jeans at this time of year.
1st time hopping as much as we have. 1 park in am..lunch nap 2nd park at night. Thats been our best plans...not paying 29 per person for G+...most big rides Genie is done by noon. Did not want to try it out this time. We are fortunate to come at least once a year..so not panicked if we dont get something this time.
BUT,, GOTG missed que this am,,will try at 1pm..but not paying 17 each for LL,,,ride it next time,,,especially since I prob wont be on due to motion sickness.
Oh Remy..cute,,but waited 2hours for it,,wont wait more that 1 hour again...better imho than MM rail.
Send update soon..
Enjoy all the warm weather and family time!:yay::yay:
Stay off those topsy turvy rides.... go have a Coffee & Disney snack instead.
Yeah it's hard to justify 2 or more hour waits for rides that run around 3 to 5 minutes in length.
But hey your in Disney World, Have Fun!!
Hugs Mel

Enjoy all the warm weather and family time!
Stay off those topsy turvy rides.... go have a Coffee & Disney snack instead.
Yeah it's hard to justify 2 or more hour waits for rides that run around 3 to 5 minutes in length.
But hey your in Disney World, Have Fun!!
Hugs Mel
Speaking of topsy turvey,,,,we did Universal for the 1st time....we all agreed, no rush to go back for us. It was nice to experience,,but with so many 3d 4d rides,,not for me or wife. Girls were ok with but still were not sold on them. I can see how many enjoy it better,,espically if stay at premier and get express passes.
But for us overall feel of parks, interactions...just different...guess we are brainwashed...lol.
Glad we tried,,as I tell my girls you cant have a proper opinion unless you experience 1st hand. Food,people,lands,,,try them all,,some suprise you either way.

Send update soon..

We didn't do Remy when we were there last time, but did MM rail and thought it was cute so we will try and get on Remy this time. Not sure we can do a 2 hour wait though... I mean kiddo plays games on my phone while we wait in long lines, I just don't like the "stand and shuffle" my feet hurt more doing that than they do just walking around the park. And since you don't mention motion sickness from Remy perhaps I'll be ok on it :) I had no issues on MM rail. And of course we'll be trying Guardians (at least once) since kiddo is a coast kid.

I am suddenly glad we are gong in May instead of March break though, those wait times, sold out parks (and I hear Genie sold out yesterday too) makes it sound very busy.

We didn't do Remy when we were there last time, but did MM rail and thought it was cute so we will try and get on Remy this time. Not sure we can do a 2 hour wait though... I mean kiddo plays games on my phone while we wait in long lines, I just don't like the "stand and shuffle" my feet hurt more doing that than they do just walking around the park. And since you don't mention motion sickness from Remy perhaps I'll be ok on it :) I had no issues on MM rail. And of course we'll be trying Guardians (at least once) since kiddo is a coast kid.

I am suddenly glad we are gong in May instead of March break though, those wait times, sold out parks (and I hear Genie sold out yesterday too) makes it sound very busy.
Let you know about GOTG...got a que at 1pm...exited Soaring with 4 mins before que opened up..cutting it close..4 o devices...we are set for around 6pm...will update you all how I do...took 1 bonnie in am..will take another soon...says I can take 1 to 2 a day...gotta try.

GOG .. all i can say is BEST.RIDE.EVER!!! I can't stand tea-cups, mission space nope, rocknroller hella-no, Soarin is ok if I can get in row 1 of section B . Hubby has a different opinion, he didn't open his eyes the first time through, but managed to get a few peaks in about 30 secs into the 2nd run (we rode it back-to-back thru the LL as one of the "OH no, I'm so sorry for your loss -- let me give you this") It's smooth, fast, very visual, awesome soundtrack, there is a backwards launch that's REALLY quick, a couple of very fast almost 360's (you're in a 2 row, 4 person pod) spins (NO you don't go upside down!!) and the screen sort of wraps around the entire ride. There was about a 5 minute delay for our 2nd run through because they needed to clean up a protein spill from one of the previous riders. LOTS of benches when you get off to help with the dizziness that some people had. Some say try to focus on the track but even though we were in the front row both times I don't recall even seeing a track!

Soundtrack is PERFECT, can't wait to ride it again

GOG .. all i can say is BEST.RIDE.EVER!!! I can't stand tea-cups, mission space nope, rocknroller hella-no, Soarin is ok if I can get in row 1 of section B . Hubby has a different opinion, he didn't open his eyes the first time through, but managed to get a few peaks in about 30 secs into the 2nd run (we rode it back-to-back thru the LL as one of the "OH no, I'm so sorry for your loss -- let me give you this") It's smooth, fast, very visual, awesome soundtrack, there is a backwards launch that's REALLY quick, a couple of very fast almost 360's (you're in a 2 row, 4 person pod) spins (NO you don't go upside down!!) and the screen sort of wraps around the entire ride. There was about a 5 minute delay for our 2nd run through because they needed to clean up a protein spill from one of the previous riders. LOTS of benches when you get off to help with the dizziness that some people had. Some say try to focus on the track but even though we were in the front row both times I don't recall even seeing a track!

Soundtrack is PERFECT, can't wait to ride it again
Thanks,,, have heard of the Protein spills,,,hoping not me. We will see in a few hours. Soaring no prob,,,but FoP is. Going on not a full stomach,,but not empty,,ate couple of hours ago. See you all soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter