Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Typhoon Lagoon for us today. Oh my feet are hurting. May go to HS later but it depends on my poor ankle. Took an Uber back to the hotel, two busses was too many.

Yesterday we had a fun day at AK, then I told kiddo I wanted to swim at least 10 minutes. Couldn't get him out! But we had booked 7DMT for 915 so we had to head to MK. Rode that, Bug thunder and space. So much back and forth in the park! I would be happy to take a break this evening swim, have dinner here. Relax. Tomorrow is Epcot for Mother's Day with Cape May for dinner. We might try for Remy at rope drop, or not. I have agreed to Guardians twice if we can get the virtual queue. Not sure why lol. Oh well! Kiddo is eating even more than I expected, but I am eating less, just too hot and I am too tired.

Had an impromptu 2 hour nap. Does anyone else do that? Say I will just lay down for 10 minutes and then we can go do what's next, but suddenly it is 2 hours later and time for dinner. Oh well! No HS for us today, we will swim again in a bit, dark clouds rolling over so waiting that out first.

This is our longest Disney trip. It is fun, but letting us take it easy and not stress over missing a day or night in the parks. Helps we have been so much we know what we like. I did offer Universal this trip but kiddo wanted Disney. I think he would like the rides at Universal, I probably wouldn't though.

We have new camers at home, been watching the cats. One sleeps in the living room all the time and gets annoyed when we talk to her, two go on the counter in the kitchen to eat and the fourth we haven't seen on camera but my niece is checking on them and took a pic so we know he is good. Dog is with my parents, no doubt being spoiled. Ideas for a present for my niece for watching the cats? She likes the Arisistocats but I haven't seen anything themed like that.

Quoting myself here
So does this mean I can re do this offer next Friday /Saturday for another 50 Airmiles?
OR
After this Sunday May 14th?
I did it on Friday May 12.
Thanks
Hugs Mel
Here are the Terms & Conditions again

" MORE WEEKEND MORE MILES
Spend $20 instore get 50 Airmiles
***Qualifying non-fuel products (excludes tobacco products, lottery tickets, gift cards, prepaid credit cards, phone cards, and any other goods or services specified from time to time or as excluded by law).***

Terms + Conditions​

Offer valid May 11 – May 24, 2023 at participating Shell locations in Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, and the Northwest Territories (excluding Shell Flying J locations). Get 50 AIR MILES® Bonus MilesTM when you complete a purchase of a minimum $20 on qualifying non-fuel products (excludes tobacco products, lottery tickets, gift cards, prepaid credit cards, phone cards, and any other goods or services specified from time to time or as excluded by law). Valid on in-store purchases only. Maximum 50 Bonus Miles per transaction per collector number. Maximum one (1) transaction per week. A “week” is defined as the period from each Monday at 00:00:00 during the promotion period, until the following Sunday at 23:59:59. A valid AIR MILES card must be presented/collector number entered at time of transaction. Offer may be combined with other bonus offers. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please allow up to two (2) weeks after the end of the promotion for Bonus Miles to be posted to your collector account."

Anyone having trouble with the "new and improved" Metro app? I can't sign in. Tried to change password, uninstall and it's in a loop and always goes back to the sign-in page. Ugh..If I'm missing a spend x for x miles, I'm not going to be happy lol

So after I wrote this the app opened. I have been trying for 3 days lol it's very glitch though and slow. I won't be using it for anything other than loading the coupons.

Rode Guardians again, kept my eyes open. It's a fun ride. We did it as ILL, I was asleep at 7 and missed the VQ, we did get a later one at the 1pm drop but it didn't come before our dinner at Cape May and we didn't want to walk all the way back to it.

Dinner was good. I am still full. Kiddo enjoyed it as well which was nice. I don't know what the dessert I got was but it was tasty.

I think kiddo feels he is too old to be here now though, so I guess no more trips for awhile. When is old enough to stay home while Mom travels?

Let's get ready for a good week,

Yes hdrolfe

there are many ways to go on an all girls or Solo trip.
I used my mom & the rest of family to care for my sons when I made my yearly trip down to Texas to get spoiled by my Dad. Start planning Hon.
View attachment 760854
We always planned an 'us' vacation for DH and myself, as well as a family vacation every year. I had lots of family to help out, there was always someone. It was important to me that there was a vacation specific to DH and myself and felt it was not only good for us, but good for the littles as well.
When they were very young I would buy a bag of Herseys Kisses and count out the number of nights we would be away. I would sit with them and kiss each one in front of them explaining that since I would not be there to kiss them goodnight in person, this would be my kiss to them. I would line them up with the instructions to eat one each night before going to sleep. When the last one was finished, they would know that mommy and daddy would be home the next day. It worked wonderfully. When they got older and could figure out the days on a calendar it wasn't as important.

I think kiddo feels he is too old to be here now though, so I guess no more trips for awhile. When is old enough to stay home while Mom travels?
Wait a year or two, he'll be asking to go back. Our 3 boys always loved going back to Disney all through their teen years into their early 20's (but we only took them every 5 years). There was always lots of new things they hadn't experienced before. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

They would all still go to Disney with me but the logistics are getting a little more complicated. Planning on taking each of the couples on at a time instead of "big" family trip in the next few years.

As for old enough it really depends on him. One of ours would have been good on his own at 18. Another one, a few years later. Get someone in to protect the house, not necessarily take care of the son.

So after I wrote this the app opened. I have been trying for 3 days lol it's very glitch though and slow. I won't be using it for anything other than loading the coupons.
I have a similiar issue. I can sign in on the website on but not the app. I believe the problem the app doesn't work on android. The old metro app worked on google chromebook, did but the new metro app doesn't work on my google chromebook, or my samsung tablet. Works on iphone only for me.

Anyone who happens to be looking for flights, Air Transat has some good deals on right now. I booked Toronto to Orlando direct/return for $430 PP yesterday. Also, in case you haven't heard yet, Disney is coming out with a good ticket deal. Four days, Four parks for $99 per day plus tax. There are some restrictions, I'll link it here.
https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...uoDYuGHtj3gMmXavNPLdln8ef7mnTH9Lt19finr_U6kZ0
As well, I managed to get a really great deal on a cruise with DCL.

I spent yesterday morning wondering what I could do for DH's birthday, it's one of the big ones, then spent yesterday afternoon booking stuff because....cheap flights. Everything just fell together, which was nice.
Have a great day everyone!

Last edited:
I have a similiar issue. I can sign in on the website on but not the app. I believe the problem the app doesn't work on android. The old metro app worked on google chromebook, did but the new metro app doesn't work on my google chromebook, or my samsung tablet. Works on iphone only for me.
I have a Samsung Android phone. The app works for me but I remember having issues getting it set up. Don't ask me what I did to get it to work, I just kept plugging away at it until something worked. Mind you as I type that I decided to check and make sure it still works. Nope it doesn't. It is now telling me that an error occured and to try again later.

It was working for me last week. They've got issues and they know it. I hope they fix it today or tomorrow before next weeks coupons drop.

BMO Credit Card Promo
Get up to 200 AIR MILES Bonus Miles
when you shop and earn at least 1 Mile using your eligible BMO AIR MILES credit card or redeem Cash Miles in-store or online between May 17 and May 20 with AIR MILES partners participating in the More Weekend, More Miles promotion. *
Starts Wed, May 17

Terms + Conditions​

*Offer valid between May 17, 2023 and May 20, 2023 to BMO®† AIR MILES® Credit Card Cardmembers. Cardmembers will be eligible if they make purchases using their eligible BMO AIR MILES credit card to earn a minimum of 1 Reward Mile or redeem Cash Miles in-store or online with participating AIR MILES partners. The number of Bonus Miles rewarded is as follows: i) 95 Bonus Miles for purchases or redemptions with 2 different participating AIR MILES partners ii) 150 Bonus Miles for purchases or redemptions with 3 different participating AIR MILES partners iii) 200 Bonus Miles for purchases or redemptions with 4 different participating AIR MILES partners. For clarification, an eligible purchase and redemption made at the same participating partner qualifies as only 1 partner.

Airmilesshops.ca:

* LIMITED-TIME OFFER: Between 00:00:01 a.m. ET on May 15 and 23:59:59 p.m. on May 19, 2023 get 50 AIR MILES Bonus Miles when you make an eligible purchase of $100 or more, excluding shipping, duties and taxes, in a single transaction, through airmilesshops.ca at participating online stores. One (1) Bonus Miles offer per Collector Number. Collectors must sign in at airmilesshops.ca before purchasing in order to get Reward Miles and qualify for this offer. This offer does not apply to purchases or signups made at the following online stores: Disney+, Wealthsimple, Amazon Music Unlimited (free trial offer) and any online travel stores (including, but not limited to, travel bookings, car rentals, and hotel stays). Offer can be combined with other Bonus Reward Miles offers. This offer is valid on the purchase of gift cards only at online retailers who regularly offer Reward Miles on gift card purchases. See airmilesshops.ca for details. All online stores are subject to change and may be withdrawn at any time. Please allow up to 90 days after the Bonus Offer end date for Bonus Miles to be posted to Collector Account.

BMO Credit Card Promo
Get up to 200 AIR MILES Bonus Miles
when you shop and earn at least 1 Mile using your eligible BMO AIR MILES credit card or redeem Cash Miles in-store or online between May 17 and May 20 with AIR MILES partners participating in the More Weekend, More Miles promotion. *
Starts Wed, May 17

Terms + Conditions​

*Offer valid between May 17, 2023 and May 20, 2023 to BMO®† AIR MILES® Credit Card Cardmembers. Cardmembers will be eligible if they make purchases using their eligible BMO AIR MILES credit card to earn a minimum of 1 Reward Mile or redeem Cash Miles in-store or online with participating AIR MILES partners. The number of Bonus Miles rewarded is as follows: i) 95 Bonus Miles for purchases or redemptions with 2 different participating AIR MILES partners ii) 150 Bonus Miles for purchases or redemptions with 3 different participating AIR MILES partners iii) 200 Bonus Miles for purchases or redemptions with 4 different participating AIR MILES partners. For clarification, an eligible purchase and redemption made at the same participating partner qualifies as only 1 partner.

Thank you! I was just about to do an airmilesshops.ca order, I will wait until tomorrow.
I can do three offers; airmilesshops, shell and metro, there seems to be 6 others that qualify but none near me.

This offer seems like it is really aimed at the Atlantic Canada market. Metro, Shell and Airmilesshops work in Ontario but that's it. Pharmasave is only good in the Atlantic provinces and I'm not even sure what MBLL, NLC and NSLC are. I could drive to Cornwall to use an Irving Oil station (really)

I will have to settle for 3 offers (150AM). I suppose I could get an Irving Oil e-voucher and use it in Quebec when travelling east (if I were going east that is)

Thought I would double dip and purchase something from Global Pet Foods. There is an offer on the Airmiles site which says get 1AM at Global Pet Foods through Airmilesshops get 25AM. I went on Aimilesshops and the store doesn't exist in their directory. I give up.

There isn't a confused face for this weekend offers so I'll comment about the ones that bug me, the ones I like and the ones that annoy me :P
Shell - don't think our car will be thirsty enough for a fill-up (and I currently have an offer on the 2nd card that we're working on) I don't any of the items that have miles attached to them and I find those are more money than I want to spend. Nope, won't get anything from here

Metro has a threshold spend $100 to get 100 miles -easy peasy for us (groceries are so expensive now!)

Online - spend $100 get 50 miles This is a maybe? I'm doing my best to not spend money so unless I can find something for Arthur's birthday I doubt I'll do this NOTE this offer ends on Friday!!!!!

Amazon - Spend $100 get 50 miles - is this ON TOP of the other offer?? If so then a bigger *maybe*

Hotel Booking - URGH, i could easily do this one but the ONLY place we will stay in Orillia (too much of a snob to stay in sketchy Days Inn!) has non-refundable bookings and life is too stressful for that crap

General annoyance - PLEASE put all of these special offers in one spot, the Duck is LAZY

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter