Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Don't think I will be doing any of the offers this weekend, but a few are good until June 12? Or they are different ones? I will need a metro delivery when we get back. And probably a Shell fill up after we drive back from Montreal Airport, before we pick up puppy Saturday, but I will look when we get back.

We went to Disney Springs today, ate pizza and burgers, heading to Hollywood Studios again this evening. Kiddo has decided he wants a lightsaber, but the one at the end of Star Tours, not the Savi $$$$ one. I just want to relax and swim at this point, but also want him to have fun. So tower of terror, star tours and slinky dog are on the agenda this evening.

Well I still haven't made a first purchase on the new BMO card and I really don't have anything that I need at Metro or Airmiles shop.
Guess the card stays in storage for now.
I'm in the money saving mode right now.
I'm still bulk buying things when I can get them for a good price.
(like 10 6x boxes of facial tissues , Royale last Friday) at No Frills.

Cocoa's wet cat food has even gone up in cost at Pet Smart,, but I did find some last week at Canadian Tire and saved a few dollars, I also got some Airmiles (20 Airmiles) via a shell Canadian GC though. Hopefully the new flyers have a couple of good deals.

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
And just like that....we are home. That trip went so fast. DD had a bunch of friends from DCL all in and around the parks while we were there and she tried to meet up with them but it didn't work out for the most part. She got to wave to a friend who works in DHS now...she was able to catch his eye while he was working and they waved to each other. He had a later M&G but we were at a dinner ressie at the same time so that didn't work out. We did see her new BFF who is also back working in the parks. Her parents and grandparents were there on Saturday and we spent the day with them. It was supposed to be just a few hours to say hello and ride Guardians together. Well that turned into a entire day that I was not prepared for. They are all nice people but to some degree I felt dismissed. The highlight of that day was not having to deal with DD's attitude. Even after her friend had to leave to go to work DD wanted to stay and hang out with the parents. That I found very odd. Sunday we spent at the pool and by noon I had stopped speaking to DD....the attitude :headache: She figured it out after I just picked up my things and went back to the room. Monday I wanted to go shopping which really was a bust. We found a few things but nothing great. Then to DHS after dinner to see Fantasmic. Yesterday we packed up in the morning, loaded the car and went back to MK for a few hours before going to the airport. Got to ride Tron again...so much fun but way too short. I miss calculated time and we left MK a little later than we should have, then there was traffic so we got to the airport in a mini panic but that turned out fine...flight was delayed 30 minutes. Waited at security for 20 minutes to discover that we couldn't go through because DD's boarding pass did not have her name on it. Back to the counter to get that fixed then back to security for another 20 minute wait. Lucked out while in the line for xray....staff pulled us from the back of the line to go to another area they had just opened. After that we grabbed a tea and went to sit at the gate. I have to say Westjet tried really hard to make up time. The ground staff there is always the same and this one guy is like a tornado...constant instructions on the PA and very clear instructions. He gets everyone moving with urgency so he got the plane loaded fast and we were pushing back only 25 minutes later than the original time. We made up time in the air...flight time was only 2hrs and 10 minutes. From the time we landed to customs, luggage and the curb in 37 minutes. The slowest part was luggage.

When we stepped outside last night it felt like winter....I guess I'm back to long pants and a cardigan today.

And just like that....we are home. That trip went so fast. DD had a bunch of friends from DCL all in and around the parks while we were there and she tried to meet up with them but it didn't work out for the most part. She got to wave to a friend who works in DHS now...she was able to catch his eye while he was working and they waved to each other. He had a later M&G but we were at a dinner ressie at the same time so that didn't work out. We did see her new BFF who is also back working in the parks. Her parents and grandparents were there on Saturday and we spent the day with them. It was supposed to be just a few hours to say hello and ride Guardians together. Well that turned into a entire day that I was not prepared for. They are all nice people but to some degree I felt dismissed. The highlight of that day was not having to deal with DD's attitude. Even after her friend had to leave to go to work DD wanted to stay and hang out with the parents. That I found very odd. Sunday we spent at the pool and by noon I had stopped speaking to DD....the attitude :headache: She figured it out after I just picked up my things and went back to the room. Monday I wanted to go shopping which really was a bust. We found a few things but nothing great. Then to DHS after dinner to see Fantasmic. Yesterday we packed up in the morning, loaded the car and went back to MK for a few hours before going to the airport. Got to ride Tron again...so much fun but way too short. I miss calculated time and we left MK a little later than we should have, then there was traffic so we got to the airport in a mini panic but that turned out fine...flight was delayed 30 minutes. Waited at security for 20 minutes to discover that we couldn't go through because DD's boarding pass did not have her name on it. Back to the counter to get that fixed then back to security for another 20 minute wait. Lucked out while in the line for xray....staff pulled us from the back of the line to go to another area they had just opened. After that we grabbed a tea and went to sit at the gate. I have to say Westjet tried really hard to make up time. The ground staff there is always the same and this one guy is like a tornado...constant instructions on the PA and very clear instructions. He gets everyone moving with urgency so he got the plane loaded fast and we were pushing back only 25 minutes later than the original time. We made up time in the air...flight time was only 2hrs and 10 minutes. From the time we landed to customs, luggage and the curb in 37 minutes. The slowest part was luggage.

When we stepped outside last night it felt like winter....I guess I'm back to long pants and a cardigan today.
Did you go shopping off site? I like the outlets, however last few times I have gone have found nothing of interest, nothing I just HAVE to have.
Has DD heard when she might be going back to work? Maybe she's just bored and ready to get back to it? Or maybe she's just a young female with hormones flaring, we have one of those close to the family at the moment. Either way, glad you got home safe and sound.
Lately, I have found that the actual travel part of vacation is so very stressful. It's the price we pay I suppose.
Anyway, Welcome Home!

Add one more thing to my list of things to check when travelling by air. "Make sure name is on boarding pass ones gets at the counter". How does it not automatically print that out?
I had something like this happen, they printed my pass twice and didn't print kiddos. We were very early that time but it made me flustered which made kiddos stress worse. Now I check or just have it on my phone.

Did you go shopping off site? I like the outlets, however last few times I have gone have found nothing of interest, nothing I just HAVE to have.
Has DD heard when she might be going back to work? Maybe she's just bored and ready to get back to it? Or maybe she's just a young female with hormones flaring, we have one of those close to the family at the moment. Either way, glad you got home safe and sound.
Lately, I have found that the actual travel part of vacation is so very stressful. It's the price we pay I suppose.
Anyway, Welcome Home!
LOL...it's all of the above. She has not heard back yet and is dying to go. I am also dying for her to go :rolleyes1 She's bored and has been looking for a job but only half heartedly because she thinks as soon as she gets a job she will have to quit. So I understand but at the same time she's been home doing nothing except spending money for 2 months now. I have told her twice to reach out to all the people she knows in the Toronto office just to follow up. Of course according to her, I don't have a clue how it's done and that she would not send another email because they were well aware of her. Well, didn't her friend tell her to do this exact thing yesterday and even named all the names of people to CC it to. I can not tell you how incredibly tempting it was to say I told you so. It was killing me but I stood on my tongue.....with both feet.

We went to the premium outlet but there are really only a few stores that that we frequent. Did find a couple of things at the Character Warehouse that we had been eyeing since last year. We also went to a couple of other plazas with Ross, TJ Maxx type stores. I broke my carry on bag so I was trying to find a new one. That was also a bust. Couldn't find what I wanted and decided I wasn't just buying one to get home. Thought we could manage by putting more from both carry ons in the checked bag which should have left space in DD's for the few things I truly needed to carry on. Well...nope that wasn't going to work. In the end I had to use my carry on bag but I was able to sit it on top of DD's to wheel it through the airport. Not easy but I survived.

I don't find travel stressful. I have always allowed extra time...usually way to much. I think this time I was thinking that my usual plans are overkill and I wanted to stay at MK over sitting in the airport for an extra hour. What I miscalculated was that is could take a solid half hour or more to get back to the car. I just didn't even think about that. Also, there is never traffic on the 417. In the end we arrived at the airport only about 20 minutes later than I would have liked. I guess the moral of that story is never deviate from your original plan. In the end we made it to the gate 50 minutes before boarding but had the flight been on time that would have been down to 20 minutes.

Add one more thing to my list of things to check when travelling by air. "Make sure name is on boarding pass ones gets at the counter". How does it not automatically print that out?
No idea....passports are swiped at the counter. I did have digital boarding passes on my phone but it did not even occur to me that I had them. The digital ones had the correct name.

Oddly, the incorrect name was a shorter version of my last name but totally different first name that was not even remotely similar.

Metro offer
Must OPT IN!!!!!

MORE WEEKEND MORE MILES
Get up to 120 Bonus Miles!

Get 100 Bonus Miles when you opt-in and spend $100 at Metro! Plus, load your offers to get 20 Bonus Miles on sausages/kebobs.*

Terms + Conditions​

* Offer valid only from May 18 to May 24, 2023. Valid at participating Metro locations in Ontario (excluding Thunder Bay) and/or online at metro.ca or through the Metro App for Ontario residents (excluding Thunder Bay).

Qualifying purchase must be made in a single transaction. To get 120 Bonus Miles, the collector must Opt-in before making the qualifying purchase and spend $100 storewide (Excludes taxes, tobacco, beer, wine, cider, Western Union, lottery, transit tickets, stamps, gift cards, prescription medications, behind-the-counter pharmacy items, and purchases from in-store vendors.) to get 100 Bonus Miles. To Get the additional 20 Bonus Miles, the Collector must load its personalized offer before making the qualifying on the Metro App or metro.ca and make the qualifying $20 purchase on Selected sausages/kabobs in a single transaction.

It's our last day! Still in the room, I think we rope dropped once this trip, got genie+ yesterday and it saved time but we only used it for a few rides. I messed up and got Remy first and should have gotten test track. Today is MK, we have ILL for Tron at 7 pm and got boarding group 81 so likely called around 1pm or 2. We will head out by noon. Hoping for space, big thunder and jungle cruise. Though kiddo doesn't acre about that one so it may be skipped. Been a great trip for the most part. Long. Which has meant we can take our time, but we miss the cats and dog.

Ordering Metro to be delivered Saturday morning, should earn a bunch of AM from all my offers. Got a spend $150 get 95 and the spend $100 get 100, plus random item offers. Gotta start building them back up for December. Our cruise then leaves on Saturday but so far flights look best Thursday so we may go to Universal the two days before the cruise. Hopefully I will have enough AM for ticket or hotel. Or flights I guess. After that trip, not sure since kiddo doesn't want to go anywhere.

Since this is no longer just an air miles chat, I was wondering if any of you have tried the 'to good to go' app? It's an app geared towards food waste. Different restaurant/stores sign up to give big discounts on food they would throw at the end of day. Metro is on there and I bought my first surprise bag. $6 got me 2 bags of naan, bag of potatoe rolls, 2 pkg of bagels and a loaf of multigrain bread from the bakery. Not bad.

Looking at my AM account today. I’ve only collected 2567 since Jan 1. There’s still a chance I can double that and get Onyx again this year but the collecting sure has dried up! Majority is now from my AM BMO MasterCard with the occasional Shell, AM shops or card linked offer thrown in. Out west we don’t even have Metro for those offers.
I am collecting Scene+ points at Safeway still but those are not near the return when it was AM. Very hard to get points there.

The split of the collecting between the 2 programs is ultimately netting less I think than when it was all AM. It’s still “free” for buying stuff I was buying anyways but will have to wait much longer to actually cash in a reward.

Sitting in the airport waiting for the sad flight home. We Ubered to the airport and it was very easy. We got here and to the gate, kiddo decided he wanted McD. Back to the terminal and then through security again. Glad we have pre check!

Grocery delivery is set up for 10am tomorrow. Then we will go pick up puppy from my parents. Then I relax for 2 days. And do laundry. Fun trip, though kiddo was moody and all that. Got on lots of rides, including a few we simply hadn't done before. Next trip is December and may be the last for awhile.

Since this is no longer just an air miles chat, I was wondering if any of you have tried the 'to good to go' app? It's an app geared towards food waste. Different restaurant/stores sign up to give big discounts on food they would throw at the end of day. Metro is on there and I bought my first surprise bag. $6 got me 2 bags of naan, bag of potatoe rolls, 2 pkg of bagels and a loaf of multigrain bread from the bakery. Not bad.
There were a ton is social posts about that last year. All anyone ever got was bakery stuff and mostly pastries. All were either last day for sale or day after.

There is also Flashfood which is a similar concept. Difference is that all foods are part of it. I often buy the produce boxes. A picture is posted so you can see what the contents are and it’s $5. I got a box a couple of weeks ago and it contained 6 large red/yellow peppers, 7 bananas, 2 lemons, 2 giant sweet potatoes, 1 cucumber and 1 zucchini. I’ve also picked up many other things including Boursin and blocks of cheddar cheese for 44 cents each. English muffins for 69cents…..those go in my freezer anyway so I bought 10.

Sitting in the airport waiting for the sad flight home. We Ubered to the airport and it was very easy. We got here and to the gate, kiddo decided he wanted McD. Back to the terminal and then through security again. Glad we have pre check!

Grocery delivery is set up for 10am tomorrow. Then we will go pick up puppy from my parents. Then I relax for 2 days. And do laundry. Fun trip, though kiddo was moody and all that. Got on lots of rides, including a few we simply hadn't done before. Next trip is December and may be the last for awhile.
There is a McD at the 100-129 gates. All you have to do is take the fake o rail back and then hop on the other one…no need to go through security again. In fact there are several good food options at those gates. It really bugs me that there is next to nothing at the 70-99 gates. LOL… 1-59 gates are even worse. That side is old and dirty. It feels like a bus terminal.

Welcome Home

hdrolfe

Welcome_Home_Logo.jpg
Take time for YOU!
Hugs Mel

Today I quickly placed an online order through the Airmiles shoppes for a pickup at The Source. I picked it up at 12:30pm and the Airmiles regular and the bonus for spending over $100 have already posted. Nothing to chase down this time.

There is a McD at the 100-129 gates. All you have to do is take the fake o rail back and then hop on the other one…no need to go through security again. In fact there are several good food options at those gates. It really bugs me that there is next to nothing at the 70-99 gates. LOL… 1-59 gates are even worse. That side is old and dirty. It feels like a bus terminal.
We tried to go there but took the wrong monorail back and were forced to leave the gate areas and do security again. Will know for next time I guess. Kiddo also commented that the dining was no good by our gate.

We tried to go there but took the wrong monorail back and were forced to leave the gate areas and do security again. Will know for next time I guess. Kiddo also commented that the dining was no good by our gate.
I'm going to guess that you followed the crowd and went left instead of right when you got off. The trams meet in the middle (basically a V) and the outside are the exits. The middle part is open and you can go back and forth.

All they have at 70-99 is Nathans, Auntie Annies, Starbs (which has half of the usual food options and are always out of most of it) and an ice cream place. Then there are two table service places but who has time for that? If those don't work you can always grab a gross packaged sandwich or sushi :crazy2: We much prefer to just buy on the plane. I really miss flying Southwest or Jetblue...they use the good gates. OMG....the Southwest gates at BWI have a place that makes fresh crab cakes.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter