Airmiles Armchair Chatter

So thinking about Kernels in the Airmiles link.ca
So if I go to the Mall and spend 15$ at Kernels 8 Airmiles x 30 it's 240 Airmiles
or order online for pick up
https://orders.kernelspopcorn.com/

Then spend $10 at Dollarama 10 Airmiles x 30 it's 300 Airmiles
BUT only able to do 500 Airmiles on this 30x offer so 540 minus 40 = total of 500 Airmiles
But not bad for a 25$ spend.
If my thoughts are correct

From the site
***A maximum of 500 Miles can be earned per collector number in connection with this 30x offer.***
NO - for the regular card-link offer at Dollarama you need to spend $30 don't forget to get the 10 miles, so you would still need to follow the math I first did. Urgh my brain hurts but that Kernel math is correct

Just did this weekend's Dollarama offer. Bought parchment paper, foil, shower curtain liner, magnetic locker mirror for DD, and two rain ponchos to replenish my stash. $11 before tax.

Don't forget, if you have the "Earn 1 mile through AM Shops, get 100 bonus miles", that only goes until Aug 21.

Well, I just took advantage of the 10.00. 100 AM deal. Now to wait and see if the am post.

I'm sure I can still do the other offer I have added to my offers - spend 30.00 get 75 AM. Some snacks and a couple things for our gd and poof...that's spent!

Only downside to this is - using dh's bmo cc card lol. Now he can monitor how much I spend there :blush: :laughing: :rolleyes1

Ok well that whole explanation is clear as mud to me at this very moment.

The plan to buy gift cards at Metro feels like it won’t work. I know that MC has no idea what you bought at Metro and it should give the bonus but I bought $1000 in Disney cards in early July…plus some trips to Shell. I should have had the 3x ( or was it 5x) bonus that has been on for a while. I have seen zero miles from any of those purchases. I will have to go back to see if I’ve had anything since the promo started but I feel like the answer is no.

BTW…@bababear_50 I also use that cream, it’s recommended for eczema. Early July I found it at Dollarama and cleared the shelf. I usually buy it from Costco which is 2 of the same size tubes (sometimes in a tub but the same total amount) plus you get a small travel size tube….it’s $16.99.

I’m going to hit up a different store tomorrow and try to get more.

The plan to buy gift cards at Metro feels like it won’t work. I know that MC has no idea what you bought at Metro and it should give the bonus but I bought $1000 in Disney cards in early July…plus some trips to Shell. I should have had the 3x ( or was it 5x) bonus that has been on for a while. I have seen zero miles from any of those purchases. I will have to go back to see if I’ve had anything since the promo started but I feel like the answer is no.
my head is hurting from this confusion! I guess in the grand scheme of things and using the big picture idea, it might not be worth the hassle. Did you at least get the regular miles you should get from buying the gift cards at a partner store? I'm not keen on buying a huge amount of gift cards at dollarama and/ or metro for that matter if i end up not getting the miles i was hoping for. 500 miles is equal to about $50, i think I've wasted close to 2 hours on this frustration!!

Haven't read all through the posts yet, there has been a lot of activity today.
BUT, so far I have seen a suggestion of $10 in Disney GCs to meet the $10 goal. Disney GCs don't come in $10. They have $50 or there are the ones where you decide how much, from $25 to $500. If your going the Disney route for this one, plan on at least spending $25.

As for the Metro for the 30xs offer, gift cards don't earn AMs from Metro so then it is all dependent on MC qualifying. I think it does, it's a partner, but not sure I want to take the chance just to gain a few AMs. Better safe than sorry in my mind.

BUT if I purchased $30 in Disney GC from Dollarama it would be 10 X 30 = 300.
Metro would be $36 ~ 12 (so 3) X 3 X 30 = 270.
* I use $36 dollars for my example because I need to spend $12 to get 1 AM from Metro with MC.

Dollarama works out better anyways. Anyone see a flaw in my math?

@tinkerone you are correct on all of those points. Here's a better summary
Spend $10 on anything get 100 is only this weekend, NO Disney gift card, just standard crappy dollar stuff

Next weekend is the 30x offer and you were typing at the same time as me - yes only on BASE miles so nothing at Metro other than the miles earned for using the Mastercard. I had just finally figured that out!
my plan then is to buy 2 separate $50 disney gift cards at dollarama over next weekend (two different transactions, only 1 purchase counts per day) and that new offer I just got from Mastercard will be straight up 5 times my base of 1 mile per $25 coupled with the 300 miles you figured out.

I bought $500 in GCs from Metro mid June, which I believe was the first month. I received the regular 3xs AMs on June 15th. The bonus 2xs AMs posted on June 21st, it showed as BMO SUMER 5X MILES. Bought more in July, Miles posted July 15th with the bonus 2xs posting on the 17th. Haven't bought more as yet from Metro.

All my GC purchases are showing as BMO, not Metro.

I have no idea how to cut and paste from the AMs page or I would send a copy. Hope this might help you though.

I spent $15 at Dollarama, some extra gum for kiddo put me over the $10, to earn the 100 AM, then realized I should have done $20 to also earn the 75 AM from that offer. Oh well. Next weekend I will do the 30X, which is on the spend $30 get 10 AM (plus I'll get the 75 AM for that offer. And then maybe get gas? or do the online shopping? Not sure yet but hopefully I'll figure out how to get to the 500 AM max bonus. I didn't even look for a GC, I honestly don't even know where they are in the store! Oh well. Got kiddo some gum & candy, a couple chocolate bars for me and a fuzzy soft pet blanket for the dog that my old cat has stolen and is not giving up for the dog now. The dog likes to make himself a nest out of blankets and I'm tired of him stealing my good ones so thought I'd get him a little one and see if he likes it. So far the cat is happy, so I guess it's a win!

I haven't collected this many miles since shop the block days. This BMO buyout is working better for me than I thought it would
I personally feel it has a lot to do with the BMO buyout as well. I'm retired from BMO however I remember the days when we handed them out like candy. You waited 10 minutes in line to see a teller? Here's 10 AMs. You used the IB today? Here's 10 AMs. You were charged a service fee you didn't like? Here's 30 AMs. You want a quote on a loan? Here's 50 AMs. It's Friday? Here's 10 AMs. I loved just giving them away and we did it a lot! Maybe they are going back to the roots of the AMs program. I know they are going to want to promote the fact it's BMO so here's hoping for more of these big, easy offers.

Ok
son just reminded me that he needs a new under the computer chair mat .... new carpeting being installed in a couple weeks.
So Staples has one for about $100.00
so 5 Base Airmiles x 30 =150 Airmiles if I order it during the 30x event.
for a airmiles.ca shop.
computermat1.jpg

I might skip the Kernels popcorn.

Just a heads up FYI
When looking for new Carpeting I choose Carpet One ,,,,,yes they say they offer Airmiles,,, here is the catch ....they offer Airmiles ONLY on Hard flooring not carpeting.
Dangish!

my head is hurting from this confusion! I guess in the grand scheme of things and using the big picture idea, it might not be worth the hassle. Did you at least get the regular miles you should get from buying the gift cards at a partner store? I'm not keen on buying a huge amount of gift cards at dollarama and/ or metro for that matter if i end up not getting the miles i was hoping for. 500 miles is equal to about $50, i think I've wasted close to 2 hours on this frustration!!
So is mine, just from reading it all! LOL Thanks to you and everyone else for breaking it all down for us!

I think I have a plan. It's so easy to get miles at dollarma - we are in walking distance to one and pop by there often to grab this or that. I have optimum points to use so I will do the "pay for groceries with my points, use my grocery $ for disney gift card" plan and get them at dollarama instead of the grocery store when I redeem my points.

Ok
son just reminded me that he needs a new under the computer chair mat .... new carpeting being installed in a couple weeks.
So Staples has one for about $100.00
so 5 Base Airmiles x 30 =150 Airmiles if I order it during the 30x event.
for a airmiles.ca shop.
View attachment 786269

I might skip the Kernels popcorn.

Just a heads up FYI
When looking for new Carpeting I choose Carpet One ,,,,,yes they say they offer Airmiles,,, here is the catch ....they offer Airmiles ONLY on Hard flooring not carpeting.
Dangish!
This is a reminder I should look at chairs at staples. Our work provides $200 towards an office chair and I need to upgrade mine. I'll have to check them out and get ready to "pounce" when one I want is on sale and there is a great airmiles deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter