Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Highs: Just pulled the trigger and booked the flights for the whole family (7) to go to WDW in Feb. Over the moon excited to be doing this one with all our adult kids and their spouses/partners.
Lows: Highest per person cost by FAR we have ever paid (have been going about every 2 years since 2011). $1200 per head from Saskatoon. Insane, usually get around the $500 a head range.
Airfare right now is nuts. I just said to DH this morning that the only reason we aren't on a plane next week is that the cost is double what we paid in Feb. In comparison though, in Feb. I paid over $1000 per person compared to the $350 I paid in Sept. Prices vary like crazy.
Long story short, found out DH needs a triple bypass next week which is in the middle of the trip, so of course I can't go.
Sorry to hear about this. Hoping all goes well. We are all here for you if you find you need an ear. :grouphug:

You raise a good point....I wasn't thinking it from the angle of resort check in or dining discounts. I was only thinking in terms of park entry.

First thing would be to try and transfer those singles to one person.

There is for sure a work around on this. I've got magic bands linked to three different MDE accounts and none of them are linked....so on paper I'm three different people with different tickets. I have used multiple bands on the same day. A totally separate MDE account just for that AP might the answer.

ETA...for park entry, as long as no finger scan has been attached to the tickets it does not matter who uses them. Perhaps a phone call to find out the status of the singles....and maybe that person could transfer them all to one person.
First off, THANK YOU so much for giving me the spark of inspiration to even consider the possibility of using all of the tickets we currently have, you've been a bright spot in my week.

I set up a new account with my full name (added my middle name, not just initial) and then transferred the annual pass to her. We'll buy a cheapie magic band, in a blah colour that is easily identifiable from the numerous ones we already have when we're on site and set that up for using the annual pass to enter parks and use my DAS pass and to get the discounts on dining & shopping. Having my name as it appears on all of my ID will help with that part of the equation.

I tried to transfer the single tickets to hubby's account but that doesn't work, throws an error that hangs the app and sends the website into endless spinning circles. I think we'll see if some kind soul at the ticket centre in Disney Springs will transfer all of those to hard cards? Do you think it will lead to issues when trying to use the DAS pass - I know I need to tap first but then hubby taps after and it will show his name on the screen - perhaps I can change the name to just my initial since it's the same as his? That will require some clear headed pondering.

First off, THANK YOU so much for giving me the spark of inspiration to even consider the possibility of using all of the tickets we currently have, you've been a bright spot in my week.

I set up a new account with my full name (added my middle name, not just initial) and then transferred the annual pass to her. We'll buy a cheapie magic band, in a blah colour that is easily identifiable from the numerous ones we already have when we're on site and set that up for using the annual pass to enter parks and use my DAS pass and to get the discounts on dining & shopping. Having my name as it appears on all of my ID will help with that part of the equation.

I tried to transfer the single tickets to hubby's account but that doesn't work, throws an error that hangs the app and sends the website into endless spinning circles. I think we'll see if some kind soul at the ticket centre in Disney Springs will transfer all of those to hard cards? Do you think it will lead to issues when trying to use the DAS pass - I know I need to tap first but then hubby taps after and it will show his name on the screen - perhaps I can change the name to just my initial since it's the same as his? That will require some clear headed pondering.
I don't know how DAS works...just the broad stokes , so no help there.

I think you had said previously that you were not planning any park time on this first trip. If that is still the case then YES go to Springs and see if they can do something with those tickets. Maybe it's not your style but I've gone in there armed with a 'story' to get some tickets changed....yes, I go that low. It worked but really it's luck of the draw, all depends on who you get. You can also try again later with a different CM. Some CM's don't have the ability to do anything beyond the basics but others have the knowledge/ability to make things happen. I had one experience where I was just told no, no, no but after I asked if there was a fee I could pay the whole thing changed and I got what I was after. It made me wonder if they decide you are after something for free and then dig in their heals...but willing to pay, ok.

Start with the resort concierge They have some abilities with tickets but I feel like not as much as guest services....and GS at Springs seems to the the absolute best. I would be inclined to just straight up ask them if hubby can just use your band to enter the park on those singles. Tell them you can not use the those tickets....don't give them a reason, just that you can't use them. Find out if there a finger scan on the tickets....they can check that.

You know you could risk swimming with the sharks and post a question on another board..... can one person use all the singles.

Is anyone having issues with the AM website? I was having issues yesterday and thought it would fix itself overnight but hasn't. I'm having issues with both my accounts. I have tried to open it from my laptop and from the app itself on my ipad. It opens but shows no name, zero balance for both cash and dream miles. If I refresh it comes up properly but when I then go to my offers, it goes back to no name and zero AMs and shows there are no offers.
Very strange so wondering if anyone else is having problems.

Is anyone having issues with the AM website? I was having issues yesterday and thought it would fix itself overnight but hasn't. I'm having issues with both my accounts. I have tried to open it from my laptop and from the app itself on my ipad. It opens but shows no name, zero balance for both cash and dream miles. If I refresh it comes up properly but when I then go to my offers, it goes back to no name and zero AMs and shows there are no offers.
Very strange so wondering if anyone else is having problems.
Yep my accounts are doing the same thing.
Hope they can fix it soon.
Hugs Mel

All my accounts were doing weird things last night. I haven't been on the today to see if it's back to normal yet.

Me too, weird yesterday online and the app. Very annoying! Hopefully they resolve whatever the issue is soon. Had a moment of panic when it said I had 0 AM online but I assume it was some glitch. They were still showing on the app, but the offers aren't working there.

For Air Miles receipts, it requires a physical paper receipt. If you've got an electronic one, I imagine you'd need to print it? I'm not sure though, I only every use Sobeys receipts here. It counts "major grocery" retailers and you have to take a photo (using the app) within 14 days of the purchase.

By that I mean... I don't use my phone's camera to take a photo of my receipt and then upload it to the app. I open the app, click on Receipts, click Scan a Receipt (which opens my camera so that I can take the photo). Once this happens, I center my receipt in the camera, it kind of "highlights" it green, and then I snap. If the receipt it long, you can select the long receipt option above the snap "button", hold it steady over the top part of the receipt, click the "snap button" then slowly move down the receipt to capture the whole length. I feel like there might have been a tutorial presented to me the first time I did that because I don't see me figuring that out on my own.

You'll need to wait for an answer from me @bababear_50 , a big bang outside scared us both awake and now we have no power. That means I really should have charged the surface before I came to bed 😬

I'll see if i can force my phone to show that info!

Duh you gave a full screenshot! Yes that's included under luggage, also clothes accessories. Just be sure to check the size compared to the airline's information!

I did my first receipt transaction yesterday afternoon, it was pretty easy. The AMs are already posted. There is a bonus 20 AMs the first time you do it as well and that also has posted. 30 easy AMs.
I was looking at the stores that are included in the grocery shops and Costco is one of them. That makes it better for me as most of our shopping is done at Costco.

For Air Miles receipts, it requires a physical paper receipt. If you've got an electronic one, I imagine you'd need to print it? I'm not sure though, I only every use Sobeys receipts here. It counts "major grocery" retailers and you have to take a photo (using the app) within 14 days of the purchase.

By that I mean... I don't use my phone's camera to take a photo of my receipt and then upload it to the app. I open the app, click on Receipts, click Scan a Receipt (which opens my camera so that I can take the photo). Once this happens, I center my receipt in the camera, it kind of "highlights" it green, and then I snap. If the receipt it long, you can select the long receipt option above the snap "button", hold it steady over the top part of the receipt, click the "snap button" then slowly move down the receipt to capture the whole length. I feel like there might have been a tutorial presented to me the first time I did that because I don't see me figuring that out on my own.

Sorry if I'm dense, but what's the purpose of this? I don't get it. You can upload receipts from any store and get airmiles?

Sorry if I'm dense, but what's the purpose of this? I don't get it. You can upload receipts from any store and get airmiles?
Yes, for specific items. I don't know if they are person specific or not but I have Astro yogurt, cucumbers, bagels for example (plus a bunch of others)

I uploaded Siggi's Yogurt and received 10 AMs. Each product listed has different AM values. My offers look the same as hdrolfe offers, bagels, cucumber, about a dozen different products.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter