Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Do you think this will work for *Luggage* category?

Totally off topic :offtopic:

I bought 2 of these bags one larger and one smaller. They are great! I Love them as my carry-on along with my travel/small backpack purse. IT's easy to carry and holds up well and is actually quite solidly made. The big one unzips at the bottom to make it bigger or smaller. I've only travelled with WJ with it, and was never questioned about the size of it.

I have a Safeway that is not even a 2 minute drive from our home. The have updated the gas station part into a Shell. I was able to stop there on the way home from work and fill up :cheer2: I didn't have to drive across town to get to the shell station.

I am the person who won't fill up until I'm on fumes - which drives dh BONKERS...and hated having to drive across town - so I would fill up at No-Frills / Stupidstore on my way home. So now we should get a few extra AM every couple weeks again from me filling up!

Since it's an AM desert here in Alberta -This small change makes me super happy!!!!!!!!!

Totally off topic :offtopic:

I bought 2 of these bags one larger and one smaller. They are great! I Love them as my carry-on along with my travel/small backpack purse. IT's easy to carry and holds up well and is actually quite solidly made. The big one unzips at the bottom to make it bigger or smaller. I've only travelled with WJ with it, and was never questioned about the size of it.
Got to run to work but wanted to thank you for your review of the bags. I am so fed up of elderly ladies telling me I should have a zip up bag as mine only snaps and no separate compartments. It also strangles my neck in the airport.
It is a cute Mickey bag but it's still just a tote bag.
Thanks
Hugs Mel

Got to run to work but wanted to thank you for your review of the bags. I am so fed up of elderly ladies telling me I should have a zip up bag as mine only snaps and no separate compartments. It also strangles my neck in the airport.
It is a cute Mickey bag but it's still just a tote bag.
Thanks
Hugs Mel
Guess I’m elderly then cuz I would also be telling you to get a bag with a zipper. No zipper = very good chance of things falling out at security, on the floor of the plane or the overhead bin. Plus, things can easily be stolen at security…I’ve heard many stories.

LOL…DH was born without the gene to hear anything I say. He used to dump his wallet, keys, phone and whatever just loose in a bin at security. I would always say, put it in my bag just to go through but no the 5yo can do things himself. Finally one of the staff ripped him a new one about it. Saying he was asking to have his wallet stolen or lost in the machine. Now, he stands there with everything in his hands, impatiently waiting for me to open my bag. Then there was the time he had a Swiss Army knife type thing in his pocket and had to toss it in the garbage…then sulked about it for an hour :rotfl2:

Hi all. I don't post too much but I want to say thanks for helping with all the deals and stuff. We just got back from an 11-day stay at pop. I used my airmiles for 3-7day tix way back when the cdn deal was available. I had to upgrade those tix to todays prices.

It was a great trip but honestly a bit too long lol. I think 7n/8day is perfect for us. My youngest, who loves his bedroom, was I think overwhelmed with all the togetherness lol He loves to hide away in there and come out when he needs family time. He spent a few hours with a pillow and blanket laying in the bathtub, with the sliding doors closed 🤣

I had a plan that never happened lol We slept in everyday and didn't make it to parks until around 1. We had double park days except for Ak so we used Genie the last 4 pk days. We rode everything. Well they did. I didn't ride any bumby rides and didn't ride GotG. Even Soarin and Remy had me spinning. My body isn't up for these types of rides anymore. But it was a fantasic time, with good eats and laughs. And only one 5min rain shower!

Now saving up for our first Universal trip.

I tried relinking. It said my M/C was already linked. When I go back to the offer it's not showing as saved. It says I still have to go to the website to link my M/C. I'll try again after Nov 6th.

I don't have the Dollarama past November 6th yet. Fingers crossed it shows up in the next couple of days. I'm still waiting for one shop from earlier this week to post.

Yes, for specific items. I don't know if they are person specific or not but I have Astro yogurt, cucumbers, bagels for example (plus a bunch of others)

Where do you find these offers? I've looked on the airmiles site and I don't see anything about this.

I don't see anything on the Airmiles website for receipt offers, I'm in Ontario.

I do see info about it on the Airmiles APP site though.

The APP kind of walks you through the offers they have and how to scan your receipt and upload it.

Now I am assuming I won't be able to do these as one the lens of my phone camera was destroyed by an upset/angry student shortly after getting it. It does take front loading pictures but it's very hard to do this with receipts.

I'm still not clear what shopping grocery stores I can use ,,,like can I buy a cucumber (which was on the list) at say Rabba Foods?

I'm also not sure if they (Airmiles ) can adapt something for desk top devices to be used to participate in this.

Lots of emerging questions on this new roll out.

I do wish the website offered info ,,maybe even a video of how to do it would be appreciated.

Hugs Mel

Here is an article mentioning Airmiles receipts.

https://milesopedia.com/en/news/air... their grocery receipt,vary from time to time.

Mine just changed to end in Jan 31 2024
dollar5.jpg

*Offer available to AIR MILES collectors with a linked Canadian-issued Mastercard (“Eligible Mastercard”). Offer valid August 7 2023 to January 31, 2024. Valid only in-store at any Dollarama location in Canada. Minimum qualifying purchase of $30 must be made in a single transaction on an Eligible Mastercard, and includes taxes, duty, and eco fees as applicable. For clarification, minimum qualified spend is calculated based on the entire purchase, being the total amount that is posted to the Eligible Card’s statement. Limit of one (1) offer per day per collector number. This offer can be combined with other offers. Your AIR MILES collector number must be linked to an Eligible Mastercard. Your Mastercard account must be in good standing at the time the Bonus Miles are awarded. To qualify for the offers, eligible purchase transactions charged to your Eligible Mastercard must be subsequently posted to your Mastercard account by January 31, 2024. Mastercard is not responsible for the fulfillment of the offers. Please allow up to 30 days after the unique offer’s end date for Bonus Miles to be posted to collector account. If you no longer wish to participate in this promotion, you can unlink your Mastercard from your AIR MILES collector number at any time at airmilescardlink.ca/unlink.

When I try to relink my Mastercard I get a message that it is already linked ,,tried both APP and at home desk top.
Hugs Mel

looking at my offers and noticed this little gem! Fingers crossed for another opportunity to clean up with a max pass! They have extended the Dollarama link until the end of January, i needed to opt in again, it's showing up as two separate offers in my app

View attachment 807470
If they do Maxpass again (I messed it last time?), where will the offer appear on the app? The home screen?

Thanks

The new ending date to the Dollarama card link promo doesn't require you to do anything - if you have a CDN issued MasterCard linked to your Airmiles account (or multiple cards) you will STILL get 10 miles for spending $30 or more in a single transaction per day, you just get to continue doing it until the end of January now. The offers in the Card Link section change regularly, it's worth checking to see what's active at any given moment, retailers come & go, time frames aren't consistent. Some retailers have been part of the promo from the beginning but the offers change each month (good grief the Boston Pizza one is VERY high at the moment!), others have been a part, dropped out and then joined again. Never any need to relink your card, just need to be aware of what the offers are and then complete the terms!

Happy earning!

Last edited:
If they do Maxpass again (I messed it last time?), where will the offer appear on the app? The home screen?

Thanks
Nope, we first got word of it because someone got an email and asked a question here. I Did NOT get the email but went to the Airmiles Website and searched for the offer using their search feature. Found the direct link, dropped it in this thread and the rest is history! You do NOT need to get a special invitation to participate in these offers (in fact waiting to hear directly from Airmiles will leave you in the dust!) if there's a link available, just use it!

I do my best to keep this thread active and up-to-date, the first post might not reflect that but my posts are always purple and bold so they are easy to spot. Everyone here is always willing to share tips & tricks as well, so hopefully we'll be able to help each other get the most miles possible.

You should get an email about the offer, it should show on your AM home page, and don't forget, you can always follow along here. Very little gets past this bunch, which is why I am thankful for them.
This past one didn't EVER generate a direct email to either of my accounts but that didn't stop me from participating :P As you mentioned, we are a tight-knit group and eager to help everyone earn the most miles possible!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter