Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I'm just thankful the ground around me is now frozen solid. The dog can go outside and play and come back inside as clean as he was when he went out (if you don't count the leaves stuck to his fur) It's been a rough fall season and start to winter for keeping our fur babies clean.

I'm just thankful the ground around me is now frozen solid. The dog can go outside and play and come back inside as clean as he was when he went out (if you don't count the leaves stuck to his fur) It's been a rough fall season and start to winter for keeping our fur babies clean.
100%. Mikkos great pyr coat is a nightmare . We haven’t had him for a muddy season yet .. but winter so far has been nasty. And because he’s so large grooming prices are ridiculous ( that said it’s a lot of work so I get it lol ) but to get him bathed when two hours after he’s gone he’s brown again lol

I’m still waiting for 30 miles to post ha ha my shell didn’t post my metro.. it’s killing me to be so close before I can order lol. I even did a few surveys but earned I think 12 in an hour and a bit and I just can’t time wise .
I’m on a 16 today did an 8 yesterday and a 12 New Year’s Eve . Am off for a couple to get everyone ready for school again .. big kid is leaving to go back Saturday . So I’m going to cook and bake Friday for him . He will prob be home less this semester so I’m already sad.
January is so busy. C has a couple overnight games and we are off to Ottawa to see Cs fav player the 16th. He’s so amazing with C.. big kid won’t make this game he will catch up in Toronto with them at the game there . And I hope to pick up a lot of shifts before K and I head to Disney end of feb. fingers crossed .
Happy new year everyone

Attachments

• 09E27826-8302-42CA-86D9-FFAE32263925.jpeg
    09E27826-8302-42CA-86D9-FFAE32263925.jpeg
    70.6 KB · Views: 5

I am trying to price out a Universal Orlando stay for Jan/Feb 2025,,,,
but I am going by what Red Tag has for 2024 prices right now.

Five night stay
current 2024 costs
1# Hard Rock Resort 31,538 Airmiles
2# Royal Pacific Resort 27,021
3# Sapphire Falls 13,533 Airmiles
4# Cabana Bay Resort 10,703 Airmiles
5# Universal Dockside 9,735 Airmiles

I know with Epic (New theme park at Universal) opening at Universal the prices may go up.

Sapphire Falls looks nice.

pool-v17483939-1440-1024x683.jpg602feddc279e7.jpg

For comparison
My upcoming (Feb/March) 7 night stay a Universal's Surfside is
Total Price (includes Taxes and Carrier Imposed Fees)​
12183 Dream Miles
+
$190.53
Per Person Price
12183 Dream Miles
+
$190.53
Total Cash Paid
$190.53​
Total Dream Miles Paid
12183 Dream Miles​
Total Purchase Amount​
12183 Dream Miles​
+​
$190.53​
Total Taxes
$190.53

Last edited:
Happy New Year everyone!

I forgot to download my 2023 AM activity but I can see the past 12 months and since I have had zero activity in a few weeks, my 2023 total was 5124. Pretty lousy but juuuuuuuust enough to keep Onyx!

Vancouver Island is an AM desert so I am in awe of some of your totals!

New Year's was quiet for us, watched movies, tried to watch a live stream of the fireworks at EPCOT but once it hit the countdown their feed froze. My sleeping patterns are abysmal lately so I was awake until about 2:30 and up for the day by 8:30. Hubby headed to bed by 12:15 and I heard the shower turn on at 12:30 the next day. He's still trying to get over his infections and the older we get, the longer it takes to heal. He had to be at a client for 9 am so I took the time to de-christmasfy the house. Normally I like to leave it up until the 6th but there's nothing normal about this season anymore - Mom landed in the hospital on Jan 2nd last year, dad came down with Covid on Jan 1st in 2021, and ooof, grief is kicking me hard.

Thanks for being my family and helping me to find a safe place to land when the real world is heavy. Countdown for the next trip is on but I'm struggling to make any firm plans since it is tied to memories from last year. Decided we're going to use some miles to get tickets for the After Hours event at MK on Feb 29th, either than or use my Annual Pass discount to buy them and use the miles for a hotel at Pearson before we leave. I see a spreadsheet in my future and I'm shuddering (hubby lives and breathes EXCEL but it makes my skin crawl)

New Year's was quiet for us, watched movies, tried to watch a live stream of the fireworks at EPCOT but once it hit the countdown their feed froze. My sleeping patterns are abysmal lately so I was awake until about 2:30 and up for the day by 8:30. Hubby headed to bed by 12:15 and I heard the shower turn on at 12:30 the next day. He's still trying to get over his infections and the older we get, the longer it takes to heal. He had to be at a client for 9 am so I took the time to de-christmasfy the house. Normally I like to leave it up until the 6th but there's nothing normal about this season anymore - Mom landed in the hospital on Jan 2nd last year, dad came down with Covid on Jan 1st in 2021, and ooof, grief is kicking me hard.

Thanks for being my family and helping me to find a safe place to land when the real world is heavy. Countdown for the next trip is on but I'm struggling to make any firm plans since it is tied to memories from last year. Decided we're going to use some miles to get tickets for the After Hours event at MK on Feb 29th, either than or use my Annual Pass discount to buy them and use the miles for a hotel at Pearson before we leave. I see a spreadsheet in my future and I'm shuddering (hubby lives and breathes EXCEL but it makes my skin crawl)
1704224980108.gif

Anyone already sick of this weather and gloomy short days with the ability to drop and go on a quick trip? 2 people, taxes and fees included at the economy level (not basic) mid January

View attachment 822289
I’d jump all over that except for the fact the weather there hasn’t been all that great. If I’m going I want at least 22 degrees. That hasn’t happened lately. Is this Porter.?

I’d jump all over that except for the fact the weather there hasn’t been all that great. If I’m going I want at least 22 degrees. That hasn’t happened lately. Is this Porter.?
WestJet, i think just today with that code you can see in my screenshot. I hear you on the temp but DANG, we need some sun, don't care if it's minus 40!

WestJet, i think just today with that code you can see in my screenshot. I hear you on the temp but DANG, we need some sun, don't care if it's minus 40!
I hear you ...........................................
I just took all the Christmas stuff down and it's gloomy in here. I did open my new Pink Himalayan Salt Forrest lamp and put it in the Breakfast room. I need some sunshine!
Hugs Mel

Well, hopefully not to jinx it but so far 2024 is going great. I got a promotion at work that I had given up on, starts next Monday, not a huge raise but still, finally! working hard has paid off. I will put the extra towards March break until that is over then hopefully be able to save some more, perhaps I will save up for a solo long weekend trip since kiddo finds Disney boring now. And I do not. I have some credits with Carnival to use that I need to book something with before March 1st, and of course Disney could be fun on my own. I could actually do more than just rides :rotfl2:

Universal trip, I think I will use the AM towards one night at a deluxe hotel to get two days of express pass. I don't think I will be able to save up enough for the whole night, it's quite a pricey week, but even half would be good. Then I just have to adjust my Aventura reservation. I do wish we weren't going to be changing hotels quite that often, but we'll figure it out. I also wish that Universal did the bag transfer like Disney does when you change between their hotels, but we'll manage to take a quick Uber or whatever. Possibly in the afternoon if we take time out from the fun of express passing lol. Hopefully the 1300 I have pending sooner than later. Though they don't have to post until February I think.

The other option for the AM would be to use them for one day of express pass and pay for another day, and stay at Aventura the whole time. Which would be nice for changing hotels, but is more out of pocket. Though we could do one at the start and one at the end of the trip, which might work out better. Nope, it's more expensive to do that way. Best to change hotels a lot. We'll have to pack in cubes to make this easier, I hate to unpack and pack again 3 times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter