Airmiles Armchair Chatter

So I had a Walmart order all planned out to get the bonus airmiles shoppes points. Spend $100 get 100 and it would also earn me another suitcase in the carousel. I went to check out and half of the order could be picked up or shipped from store but yikes the ship from store cost was from $6.98 to $7.98 and store pickup doesn't count. Nope guess will have to find something else to buy or just skip those miles all together. Only a small part of my order would be shipped for free but not enough to get to $100 spend. I have had my order ship from stores before but it never cost me any shipping costs so I guess I was lucky.

Just sent the ok to the personal shopper to go ahead with getting our tickets for the After Hours event at MK on Leap Day, happy the Shop the Block miles posted properly. Still waiting on a ton of miles from hubby's laptop purchase but it's not time to chase them down quite yet.

I only got 200 for STB. I don’t remember how that one worked, I thought I did it right but maybe I messed it up. I know on DD’s account I forgot to do an opt in before the purchase….I opted in right after so I was hoping that it worked but if it didn’t it didn’t. There is nothing posted to her account yet.

OK, I know I've asked this before, but does anyone know how I get to Disney tickets on the AM website? I've looked under every category and do you think I can find them? Why does AM hide this now? It used to be under Dream Rewards - so easy.

Just sent the ok to the personal shopper to go ahead with getting our tickets for the After Hours event at MK on Leap Day, happy the Shop the Block miles posted properly. Still waiting on a ton of miles from hubby's laptop purchase but it's not time to chase them down quite yet.
Hi @Donald - my hero

can you tell me how many miles you were quoted for the After Hours party on Feb 29. I am trying to convince my husband we should go. Loved the last party we went to. Maybe if I can manage to scrape together enough miles to cover 1 ticket he will cave to my will. Lol

Thank you.

OK, I know I've asked this before, but does anyone know how I get to Disney tickets on the AM website? I've looked under every category and do you think I can find them? Why does AM hide this now? It used to be under Dream Rewards - so easy.

Go to travel on the airmiles website. Then go into extras, Then put in your dates and where you are going. It will come up in dollars but show you in miles when you go to check out.

Looking for the expert on AM starbucks gift cards...looki g at you Mel...lol...since you were all helpful in getting me 1000am from last promo..we can get gc since I swithced to cash...when getting the gc how do I use them at Disney...do I need to pull up on phone?...do they convert just like Disney gc?..thanks

Good Morning Mort1331
Starbucks
195-1950023_snoopy-starbucks-google-search-snoopy-coffee-logo.jpg
I just add all my cards to one single card I have online.
I then take that card with me when traveling but I think you can just add everything to you Starbucks phone APP also.
Yep it is just converted just like Disney Gift Cards.
Hugs Mel

Looking for the expert on AM starbucks gift cards...looki g at you Mel...lol...since you were all helpful in getting me 1000am from last promo..we can get gc since I swithced to cash...when getting the gc how do I use them at Disney...do I need to pull up on phone?...do they convert just like Disney gc?..thanks
I just add all mine to my Starbucks App and show the app to pay at Disney Starbucks. It converts like the Disney GC's, no extra fees. Quite convenient. I still have some left I am looking to use at Universal in March :) Free coffee!!!

Hi @Donald - my hero

can you tell me how many miles you were quoted for the After Hours party on Feb 29. I am trying to convince my husband we should go. Loved the last party we went to. Maybe if I can manage to scrape together enough miles to cover 1 ticket he will cave to my will. Lol

Thank you.

we felt the same last year, it was so much fun. Can't wait to go again and enjoy that VIP feeling that came with wandering thru an empty (and very dark!) Park.

The quote for 2 adult tickets was 5325 miles.

Go to travel on the airmiles website. Then go into extras, Then put in your dates and where you are going. It will come up in dollars but show you in miles when you go to check out.

I'm looking for the redtag site that gives all the ticket options. Thanks anyway.

I'm looking for the redtag site that gives all the ticket options. Thanks anyway.
If you want to use AM to buy tickets the process has changed and it's no longer in the redtag site.

https://travel.airmiles.ca/en/extras.html

that's where you go to book the "extras" which includes Disney and Universal tickets. Choose whether you want to pay by Dream Miles or Credit Card, your dates and location. Location you can choose Orlando Disney or Orlando Universal or just Orlando.

Good Morning Mort1331
Starbucks
View attachment 828774
I just add all my cards to one single card I have online.
I then take that card with me when traveling but I think you can just add everything to you Starbucks phone APP also.
Yep it is just converted just like Disney Gift Cards.
Hugs Mel
Thanks all,,,guess I need to get a starbucks gc here then,,,I dont have the app,,,dont really go here,,but there I figured morning coffee and snack for free,,,ok

Thanks all,,,guess I need to get a starbucks gc here then,,,I dont have the app,,,dont really go here,,but there I figured morning coffee and snack for free,,,ok
I'm not sure all Starbucks will do this, however last year I ordered a few of the gift cards from AMs. I went to a star bucks and asked if they could put them all on one physical card for me and they were happy to do it. I, like you, don't really go there and don't want another app. The physical card worked great for our time away. If you have a store near you you could always ask. Fingers crossed.

I'm not sure all Starbucks will do this, however last year I ordered a few of the gift cards from AMs. I went to a star bucks and asked if they could put them all on one physical card for me and they were happy to do it. I, like you, don't really go there and don't want another app. The physical card worked great for our time away. If you have a store near you you could always ask. Fingers crossed.
I just purchased one physical card at Shell. I then set up an account with Starbucks and like Mel I just put all my e-vouchers onto the physical card I have by using the online account. I've had no issue using the card in the US. There was just one Starbucks in Holywood Studios who couldn't accept it for payment but that may have changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter