Airmiles Armchair Chatter

So Airmiles Chat
They (Airmiles) say no deal
you have to buy flowers/roses with one of the boxes to get the deal,,,
I call Airmiles is in the wrong here,,,
chocolatesairmilesfeb2024.jpg
1707508311362.png

That's not what the saved offer says.
But it took over 1 hr and no one answered the phone so I wasted another 1/2 hr doing chat.
Too much time wasted on this.
Mel

Last edited:
Hi All - just checked and it runs from February 1st to February 29th. I will probably only get 3 down as it is per partner not per offer like the miles ones are. Before I could have gotten gas and products at Shell and it would have counted as 2 offers but this one says per partner. Can do Metro, Shell and Dollarama. My nephews girlfriend also got it so can do Shell, Metro and AirMiles Shoppes for that one as she doesn't have any cardlinks and I just read the small print and AirMiles receipts isn't a partner. I made not make the 3 partners for her card so I will leave that one until the end and make sure my Mom's card gets done.
I did not get the offer on my card.

Terms & Conditions​

*This offer is exclusive and non-transferable. Offer is for single time use. Offer is valid February 1, 2024 to February 29, 2024. To qualify for this offer, eligible collectors must click the “Opt in” button in the offer invitation by February 29, 2024 and make eligible purchases to earn a minimum of 1 Reward Mile at a minimum of 3 different partners. To earn the number of Bonus Miles indicated within the offer, eligible Collectors must shop the required number of distinct partners to be eligible for the Bonus Miles. For certainty, Collectors must shop 3 distinct partners for 75 Bonus Miles, 4 distinct partners for 100 Bonus Miles and at least 5 distinct partners for 150 Bonus Miles. For certainty, any Miles earned through airmilesshops.ca will count as one partner, any Miles earned through airmilescardlink.ca will count as one partner, and any Miles earned in connection with a unique partner’s offer featured at www.airmiles.ca/en/offers/partners will count as one partner. Any Miles earned in connection with eligible purchases made at an AIR MILES partner with the collector number associated with the recipient’s collector account will qualify towards the earn requirement except for miles earned through https://travel.airmiles.ca/en/travel.html and AIR MILES (R) receipts are not eligible for this promotion.

Rather disappointed in tickets from AM's. I was under the impression that nowadays AM's purchased and sold tickets to DW at face value, but turns out each ticket I got was worth ~$100 less in value than what's on Disney's website. That's quite the markup for AM's. 5-day PH's is what I got.

Rather disappointed in tickets from AM's. I was under the impression that nowadays AM's purchased and sold tickets to DW at face value, but turns out each ticket I got was worth ~$100 less in value than what's on Disney's website. That's quite the markup for AM's. 5-day PH's is what I got.
I think it's because they're including the current exchange rate in the prices?

I just priced out a 5 day hopper CDN resident ticket on the Disney site starting on Feb 27th (just the date my finger clicked on first!) and it shows as $644.41, which currently shows as $868.60 CDN

Went to the Airmiles site and the same ticket is showing as $889.17 if paying cash or 8411 dream miles (using the Airmiles math of 95 miles =$10 it should be 8,447 miles so slightly better deal here)

Not sure if this helps or just adds to your frustration.

I did 2 6-day PH, one for Feb 24 the other for Feb 25. Value on Disney's website was supposed to be $850 & $857 roughly, so total worth $1707.75 US. When I called for value to use toward AP renewal, they were only going to give me $1500 and change as they were "discounted tickets". Sorry, my other post said 5-day, they were 6-day.

I did 2 6-day PH, one for Feb 24 the other for Feb 25. Value on Disney's website was supposed to be $850 & $857 roughly, so total worth $1707.75 US. When I called for value to use toward AP renewal, they were only going to give me $1500 and change as they were "discounted tickets". Sorry, my other post said 5-day, they were 6-day.
The days of AM getting tickets at a discount are long over. I’m not sure why you got that info from WDW but you might want to call back and try again. They are notorious for giving incorrect info.

For the 40x offer, don't forget to buy V-power as it is 1 mile for every 10L vs 1 mile for every 20L for regular. So for your 40L, it would be 4 x 40 = 160 miles.

For the 40x offer, don't forget to buy V-power as it is 1 mile for every 10L vs 1 mile for every 20L for regular. So for your 40L, it would be 4 x 40 = 160 miles.
I would except there was a huge spread between the prices (20 cents/litre). Before I've seen the spread at like 7 cents/litre. Last time there was a 40x the spread was 24 cents between bronze and V-power. It really eats into the amount I come out ahead, and there's a point at which it's not worth it for me...

E.g. 20L at 1.39. Spend is $27.80. AM take home is 40 AMs which is roughly $4. Net cost to me of $23.80.

Then 20L at 1.59. Spend is $31.80. AM take home is 80 AMs which is roughly $8. Net cost to me of $23.80, but an extra $4 of my cash is trapped in AMs rather than in my bank account.

Let me know if I'm missing something!!

The days of AM getting tickets at a discount are long over. I’m not sure why you got that info from WDW but you might want to call back and try again. They are notorious for giving incorrect info.

That's the value of the tickets you get thru AM's, not WDW's fault. Now I have to try and price bridge at a park. Can't do it over the phone. Luckily they're extending my expiry date so I can try and do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter