airmiles for park tickets

Looks like the DW and Universal tix both went up in the last few weeks

I did a budget a few weeks ago and wrote out the # of AM I needed. Then I went back and re-checked something else, noticed the numbers no longer matched

My trip is still just a wish at this point, but it still sucks

Looks like the DW and Universal tix both went up in the last few weeks

I did a budget a few weeks ago and wrote out the # of AM I needed. Then I went back and re-checked something else, noticed the numbers no longer matched

My trip is still just a wish at this point, but it still sucks

Whenever the prices go up, so does the number of AM.

Sorry for the revival but... does Air Miles send actual paper tickets and can they be linked to My Disney Experience in order to select Fastpasses at the 60 day mark? I don't want to have to wait until being inside the actual park to do this. Any help is appreciated!

TabulaRasa said:
Sorry for the revival but... does Air Miles send actual paper tickets and can they be linked to My Disney Experience in order to select Fastpasses at the 60 day mark? I don't want to have to wait until being inside the actual park to do this. Any help is appreciated!

Airmiles sends a plastic 'card' ticket for WDW. I was able to link mine to MDE easily and use the ticket to select fastpasses. I am pretty sure that you can only book fastpasses for the number of days on your ticket though and you have to wait until you get to disney to upgrade (i could be wrong on that part). I had no problem as I had 7 day tickets.

Yes they send the actual pass and you can link it to MDE. However you do need to be a resort guest to make FP+ at 60 days. If you are than yes you're good to go!

Airmiles sends a plastic 'card' ticket for WDW. I was able to link mine to MDE easily and use the ticket to select fastpasses. I am pretty sure that you can only book fastpasses for the number of days on your ticket though and you have to wait until you get to disney to upgrade (i could be wrong on that part). I had no problem as I had 7 day tickets.

The bold is true. I got the 7 day ticket for my last trip in November, but upgraded to 10 when I got to WDW. I was only allowed to book 7 days of FP+, but they didn't have to be consecutive days. Just 7 days in total.

Thank you for reviving TabulaRasa! I read through the whole thread and will now be moving all my bills to my Airmiles mastercard, never thought of doing that to help boost the miles! I don't think I'll hit the amount I need by the time we go but it will cover most of our Universal tickets. (And I'll be well prepared and stocked up for our next trip!!)

Thanks to everyone for the great tips!

I'm planning on using air miles for our tickets too and was reading through this thread and got some answers I needed too.
thanks everyone!

Now I just need a way to get Safeway into Ontario and then we're all set! :laughing:

Cheers!

So we ordered an air miles ticket for my brother and the rest of us have booked online! Will be be able to add him to fast passes and does anyone know if we can add him to the room once we get there?

You should be able to add your brother to your 'group' through the My Disney Experience. as long as you have his actual ticket number, you should be able to add him to your account, add him to the email list as well so he also has access to the plans you all have and link his ticket to your plans.

I'm really hoping I can find someone who can tell me they used AM to purchase base universal tickets, and then successfully upgraded in the parks to multi park or/and multidays. I need reassurance. Please help me if you can. Thanks.

Has anyone used their miles to purchase Universal tickets?

My parents have offered to purchase us our Universal tickets as a present for our trip (they claim to have so many, that they don't quite know what to do with them all, lol) :cheer2:

Do they have an expiry on them? We're not headed to Orlando until October... so not sure if buying them now would be a good idea, or should we wait until we're closer to our trip?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!! :thumbsup2

Hey there:
I recently ordered a 1 day base ticket from air miles. It arrived in less than a week. It is a paper /cardboard ticket. It is a universal admission ticket. It has no expiry date. You can order them now with no worries.

Hey there:
I recently ordered a 1 day base ticket from air miles. It arrived in less than a week. It is a paper /cardboard ticket. It is a universal admission ticket. It has no expiry date. You can order them now with no worries.

Wonderful! Thank you very much :)

Hey there: I recently ordered a 1 day base ticket from air miles. It arrived in less than a week. It is a paper /cardboard ticket. It is a universal admission ticket. It has no expiry date. You can order them now with no worries.

I can also verify this. I have done the same with the 2 day 2 park ticket. I came within a week or 2.

I'm really hoping I can find someone who can tell me they used AM to purchase base universal tickets, and then successfully upgraded in the parks to multi park or/and multidays. I need reassurance. Please help me if you can. Thanks.

I was able to upgrade Airmiles Universal tickets without any problems. But this was last year (March 2013).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter