Airport Help from Locals Please!

kim3339

DIS Veteran
I'm flying down for the Tink 1/2 Marathon on Thurs, May 7th. I have to change my flight and there are some different options that I need help with. I need to be at the DLH by 7:15 or so (using a shuttle to the hotel) to pick up everything for the races and these are my options ~

LAX arriving at 5:40
BUR arriving at 6:10

I know that's rush hour traffic, I just didn't know if one was better than the other. Also, is that time range even doable to make it to the hotel in time? No luggage either, just carry-on.

Thanks!

I believe it will take you longer from the Burbank airport than from the LAX airport.

I'd choose the LAX option of the two that you posted. Having said that, there is no guarantee that a shuttle will be there to take you to the resort. You might want to opt for a taxi.

Someone with experience would have better suggestions for the shuttle.

I'm flying down for the Tink 1/2 Marathon on Thurs, May 7th. I have to change my flight and there are some different options that I need help with. I need to be at the DLH by 7:15 or so (using a shuttle to the hotel) to pick up everything for the races and these are my options ~

LAX arriving at 5:40
BUR arriving at 6:10

I know that's rush hour traffic, I just didn't know if one was better than the other. Also, is that time range even doable to make it to the hotel in time? No luggage either, just carry-on.

Thanks!

I'm not a local but here's what it looks like on a map

BUR to DLR
http://www.bing.com/maps/#Y3A9MzQuM...lMkMlMjBDQV9fX2VfJm1vZGU9RCZydG9wPTB+MH4wfg==

LAX to DLR
http://www.bing.com/maps/#Y3A9MzQuM...uZCUyQyUyMENBX19fZV8mbW9kZT1EJnJ0b3A9MH4wfjB+

Another thing you might try to do is get a seat in the front of the plane. We do this on our trip to DLR, so we can get off the plane faster.

Good luck

Geemo

Yikes. That is going to be extremely difficult to make from either airport. Is Ontario an option? I think I would choose LAX and a cab if Ontario is not an option. You might make it by the "Or so" of your 715. Ontario, though normally further will be going against traffic. Add that to the carpool lane and I suspect that is actually the quickest trip that time of day.

That is cutting it close. What about John Wayne (SNA)? It is the closest to Disneyland.

That said, I scheduled Lansky's our last trip and I was amazed how quickly (50 minutes once inside the car) we got to DLH. But we were going the opposite of all the traffic.

I guess I just assumed that John Wayne was not an option. John Wayne at 7 is going to get you there faster than either of those two times from Burbank or LAX!

Thanks for the replies everybody; that helps. SNA was the plan, but just found out almost everyone will be out of the office that day so I'm trying to stay at the office as late as possible and the later SNA flight is almost $120 more than the original flight. :faint:

Thanks for the replies everybody; that helps. SNA was the plan, but just found out almost everyone will be out of the office that day so I'm trying to stay at the office as late as possible and the later SNA flight is almost $120 more than the original flight. :faint:

As someone who does corporate air for a living, I would put my client on the flight to SNA for the $120 difference. The cost in cab fees alone would be worth it, plus it is HIGHLY unlikely that you will make it in time from the other two airports. Mind you, the time the airline gives you is the time the plane is scheduled to touch down, give or take 10 minutes. You then have to deplane and get your luggage and get to the curb. That takes my clients an average of 40 minutes from touchdown to curbside. Add in rush hour traffic in LA... :confused3

Either of those option don't have a snowball's chance in Mt Toad's Wild Ride to make it to DLH by 7:15...even with a dedicated driver. Increase that 2X if you are gonna take a shuttle.

If the time is important those flight won't come close.

Is there any chance you can fly into John wayne or Long Beach? John Wayne is the closest and Long beach has a super easy airport in and out. We use both airports. We are down there every 3 weeks for various reasons. I will be there for the marathon that time also. My choice would be 1 st John Wayne 2nd Long Beach.

If it were me I would be inclined to start begging my co-workers to stay in the office instead of me. But, my co-workers understand how obsessive I can get about my races and training. LOL!

I hope that you can work something out. Crossing my fingers for you.

Are you doing the 5K? If not, you don't need to pick up your bib on Thursday night. Even if you are, they may still be doing limited pick up on Friday morning. Then you could go to the expo Friday after your race to get your shirt and other stuff.

Are you doing the 5K? If not, you don't need to pick up your bib on Thursday night. Even if you are, they may still be doing limited pick up on Friday morning. Then you could go to the expo Friday after your race to get your shirt and other stuff.

SMD, unless she's also doing the 5k, looks like she's signed up for Challenge, so she should be fine for Friday pick up. She is checked in on the Tinkerbell Half page as PDC only

Oops, I see she is signed up for 5k, hopefully you'll make it Kim!! They don't do any bin pick up fm the morning if races.

Any idea how much a cab is from resort to LAx? I have a super early flight 555am) home. Trying to decide if I should get a rental or cab it.

Any idea how much a cab is from resort to LAx? I have a super early flight 555am) home. Trying to decide if I should get a rental or cab it.

$100+ You could do a shuttle, but they'll want to pick you up around 4am. It might be worth switching to an LAX area hotel with a free shuttle the night before. If you rent a car, at least you could do something else that night in the area.

I'll chime in with another "no chance at all to make it to DLR by 7:15pm with the LAX/BUR flights".

Out of those two LAX is the "best" choice, but you are still looking at likely 1-1.5 hours from when you get in the vehicle until you get to DLR at that time of day. Traffic is brutal on all the eastbound freeways at that time and there are really only two options (105 E and 91E).

Traffic is bad going north from SNA at that time of night also so it would likely be about a 30-40min drive from SNA

Convince your co-workers to stay late I recommend haha!

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter