Airport info EWR/MCO

DisneyHumbug

DIS Veteran
We had planned on driving but now we may fly. Was wondering what are the least crowded times for flying? I want to say early morning - but looking for opinions. Thanks !

I fly out of EWR only once in a blue moon, but from what I've seen at JFK and LGA, early weekday mornings are going to be your best bet at the major NYC airports nowadays, unless you're flying JetBlue out of JFK (T5 is always hopping regardless of the time of day ime). My guess is there are far fewer biz travelers and leisure travelers tend to do the post-work and weekend flights.

We had planned on driving but now we may fly. Was wondering what are the least crowded times for flying? I want to say early morning - but looking for opinions. Thanks !
Early morning can be hit or miss as the business fliers are heading out that time especially on Mondays. The later mornings of late have been slower. Also seeing evening getting busier with overseas flyers slowly coming back. Can comment the last month as omicron grounded me but I'm back at it starting later this week.

I don't have any experience with EWR, but when I used to fly a good bit for business I always booked early AM flights. Several reasons:
  • Usually (at least at MIA) the early morning flight is sitting at the gate when I arrive at the gate. No delays with incoming connecting aircraft/crews.
  • In the afternoon weather anywhere can mess up the entire system and cause major delays and cancellations. If the aircraft I'm supposed to board is coming in from Atlanta, and ATL has bad weather, my plans may go in the trash -- and that's just the most simplistic explanation. Trouble anywhere is trouble everywhere most of the time.
  • If something does go wrong with my flight and I have to take a later flight, I have a lot more options if I'm flying in the AM. I've had afternoon flights canceled and had to go back to the hotel, and a co-worker had to spend the night in the ATL airport due to afternoon problems.

Ifly out of EWR about two-three times a year. There are many early flights in the morning to Disney. The one time we took a dinnertime flight, we did notice a considerable difference in the airport with less commotion.

Above said, we lovethe first flight out. No delays and plane is there from night before.

I only fly out of EWR, usually at night and it is pretty crowded and always have delays. The week before Christmas we flew out at 6am and only waited in security for 10 mins and had no delays. If you fly home, specifically JetBlue, past 5pm expect major delays. We have had a 6pm flight get in at 4am, 8pms turn to 11, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter